• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: MNF- Seattle returns to the Big Apple. Komo/ESPN/CTV 2?/ TSN 8:15-5:15

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm conflicted.

On one hand. I'm cocky and like how much are we going to put on the giants 30, 40, 50?

On the other I got a weird feeling like something is up and smells funny. Kinda like a early trap game.

You guys feel me?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy the trap game business in the NFL, but we are not a good enough team to have one of those anyway. I think we are barely favored, and that's with NYG not having Barkley (listed as doubtful I believe) or their starting LT on top of not looking very impressive so far. The Giants actually won a playoff game last year, so it's not like we are on some markedly higher plane.

Looking forward to seeing Adams back out there and how he'll be used. Hopefully it's primarily as a box safety & pass rusher because that's what he does best. Also excited to see Woolen back out there and on the field with Spoon for the first time.

This game to me seems like about a 6 foot putt. You miss them here and there, but you definitely step up with the expectation to knock it down. Hawks should take this one, but it is for sure no gimme.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of positives to work of off from last week... OL has been holding up well considering we've had our 2 LT's out since game 1 and Brown/Lewis missed time during games due to being dinged up.. It's allowed the team to stay committed to the run...

Spoon is beginning to make me feel at ease a bit... When you commit a #5 overall pick to a DB - he better be a stud in the NFL... Looks like he could be on his way to that label eventually...

J. Reed has been a wrecker since game 1 upfront... Hopefully he can continue on that path as well as getting Jones going next to him a bit more as well...

obviously, the anticipation of the return of J. Adams is exciting... I hope that he can stay healthy and make an impact when he's on the field...

Daniel Jones scares me a bit when it comes to his legs... He can pick up yardage with his feet so we need to keep him contained in that aspect... Worried a bit about Waller as well since our kryptonite has been our pass defense, especially with TE's...

The Hawks and the Giants are both jeckyl/hyde type of teams so it's very tough to predict a winner in this one...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it's primarily as a box safety & pass rusher because that's what he does best.

I see a lot of people say this but the truth is he did it best when teams were not ready for it. How many Sacks has he had after 2020? In 2021 he had almost as many rushing attempts as he did in 2020 and had 0 sacks. Teams were ready for it, had a plan for it, and were coached up for it. Yes he was very effective at it when it was new and a very unusual scheme to rush a safety as much as the Hawks did on designed plays not blitzes. The following season he was stonewalled. Jamal Adams only posted 2 QB hits in 2021, which was 12 fewer than 2020, registered 6 pressures which was 20 fewer than his career high from 2020, and logged a single QB knockdown, 5 less than his 2020 total and 0 sacks on almost the same amount of rushes. Those are NOT good numbers when you factor in how many times he rushed. Teams started keeping the RB in to specifically block Adams or a TE in a TE set and he couldn't get by those guys, And when a Olineman picked him up he was 100% useless.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of people say this but the truth is he did it best when teams were not ready for it. How many Sacks has he had after 2020? In 2021 he had almost as many rushing attempts as he did in 2020 and had 0 sacks. Teams were ready for it, had a plan for it, and were coached up for it. Yes he was very effective at it when it was new and a very unusual scheme to rush a safety as much as the Hawks did on designed plays not blitzes. The following season he was stonewalled. Jamal Adams only posted 2 QB hits in 2021, which was 12 fewer than 2020, registered 6 pressures which was 20 fewer than his career high from 2020, and logged a single QB knockdown, 5 less than his 2020 total and 0 sacks on almost the same amount of rushes. Those are NOT good numbers when you factor in how many times he rushed. Teams started keeping the RB in to specifically block Adams or a TE in a TE set and he couldn't get by those guys, And when a Olineman picked him up he was 100% useless.
Ok, how/what teams do to counter his strengths doesn't mean those aren't still his strengths. If teams are "ready for it" then that means they are most likely going to be vulnerable in another way. They have a finite amount of resources to use, so adding 1 more guy to the field on defense that causes other offenses to gameplan against is a positive. Let them have to worry about Adams as a pass rusher because it IS one of his main strengths.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just gave up 361 yards to andy freakin dalton, daniel jones could easily do the same thing. we may have to score 37 points again to win this one, thankfully they have given up quite a few yards on the ground and average 4.2 per carry.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, how/what teams do to counter his strengths doesn't mean those aren't still his strengths. If teams are "ready for it" then that means they are most likely going to be vulnerable in another way. They have a finite amount of resources to use, so adding 1 more guy to the field on defense that causes other offenses to gameplan against is a positive. Let them have to worry about Adams as a pass rusher because it IS one of his main strengths.

No that's not completely true, just because they are ready for it doesn't mean it opens holes else where. Ok say a TE is keyed on Adams and Adam doesn't rush right? The TE can now be the outlet/Dump off same with a RB. It doesn't hurt them just to understand to "Watch for something" and it doesn't open something else up against them. If a team blitz that's different but Adams wasn't sent on a lot of Blitzes as they would drop a DE into coverage on most of his rushes, this fooled people his first year not so in the 2nd and that's why he was worthless as a rusher in 2021. Then the Hawks started to drop him into coverage a little more and well he stunk up the joint. lol

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just gave up 361 yards to andy freakin dalton, daniel jones could easily do the same thing.

That saying that our pass defense has been good, but Isn’t that bound to happen to almost anybody when you throw the ball almost 60 times

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly could see this game working out like the Broncos/Bears game. We get out to a convincing lead, Giants just come out of nowhere and our conservative playcalling stalls, and the Giants start marching... comes down to a field goal. 28-27 type score, either way.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly could see this game working out like the Broncos/Bears game. We get out to a convincing lead, Giants just come out of nowhere and our conservative playcalling stalls, and the Giants start marching... comes down to a field goal. 28-27 type score, either way.

Yeah i Have seen ... WE ALL HAVE seen ( lol ) Pete go ultra conservative up 2 scores with more than a quarter left and teams come back to win with the Hawks unable to turn it back on. That kind of play calling SUCKS THE DAMN LIFE OUT OF YOUR TEAM! Remember Marshawn asking if it's ok to keep scoring? Even Marshawn knew it and hated it.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game will all come down to the opening coin toss. I'm feeling "tails" this week.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That saying that our pass defense has been good, but Isn’t that bound to happen to almost anybody when you throw the ball almost 60 times
It might be smart to throw it 60 times, our defense is 31st in yards and 29th in ypa

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our passing D has started out rough this year but i feel they will improve. You remove the 49er game last year and the first 3 ( not counting 49ers game ) averaged 315 yards. I think they will improve and get things more under control. You got two very young and very talented CB's in Woolen and Witherspoon so when they get more time "TOGETHER" on the field i just see that part of the defense taking a nice step forward. There is no doubt we need Safety help and who knows maybe Jamal helps there ( I wont hold my breath not even for a second ). Maybe next year they find another important piece at safety and plug him in there with Woolen and Witherspoon. We need a SS or FS or both, Jamal can't be counted on to stay healthy and even when Healthy he is not a bonus in the passing game lol. I also think Diggs is getting close to falling off a cliff. He did give up a 118.7 passer rating when targeted in the Panthers game and that was Dalton not some Future HoF QB. Don't get me wrong I know Dalton is not slouch and if you ask me he should be the Panthers starter but he is not Top tier QB, Not even close. if you ranked all the starters he is like in that 20 range.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd expect the Seahawks to win but Giants can make things interesting.

They are coming off a Thursday night game so they'll be rested and prepared and it is at a home game as well. Depends on if Barkley plays or not as well as if he's good to go that'll help their odds.

Giants are a tough team to read right now because two of their losses were crushing but against two of the best teams in the NFC and I'd argue the 9ers are the best team in the NFL at the moment. They did need a big comeback against the Cardinals but even the Cardinals are a bit more scrappy than I think people give them credit for.

But if I'm simply picking the better team right now it's the Seahawks which is why I'd pick them to win but just wouldn't fall out of my seat if the Giants pull out a win.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants fan here. Overall I think Seattle is the better team, and the NYG play horribly on nationally televised night games to the point of embarrassment. Sometimes NFL games get weird and don't go according to either teams game plans, but in my opinion the best way to a Gmen win tonight is Daniel Jones running the ball every single time he sees a little daylight. DJ running is the Giants best play the last year and a half, and without Barkley tonight, I see it as their only chance to move the ball. Last week DJ ran only 2 times in a loss to the 49'ers. No shame in losing to SF, but I feel they didn't even give themselves a fighting chance by restricting his running ability. So i'm hoping Daboll takes the reins off DJ and runs a minimum of 10-12 times, ala Lamar Jackson. And an added benefit to this, if successful, would be that in the second half , the passing lanes might open up a bit more due to the Seattle Linebackers having to creep up to keep an eye on Danny boy. Anyway, this wasnt really a rant, just thought i'd put my usually wrong opinion out there. I won't even be able to watch the game live, will have to track it on the internet as I am in Manila, Philipinnes as of the moment. If any of you have questions about the Philipinnes , feel free to ask.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy the trap game business in the NFL, but we are not a good enough team to have one of those anyway. I think we are barely favored, and that's with NYG not having Barkley (listed as doubtful I believe) or their starting LT on top of not looking very impressive so far. The Giants actually won a playoff game last year, so it's not like we are on some markedly higher plane.

Looking forward to seeing Adams back out there and how he'll be used. Hopefully it's primarily as a box safety & pass rusher because that's what he does best. Also excited to see Woolen back out there and on the field with Spoon for the first time.

This game to me seems like about a 6 foot putt. You miss them here and there, but you definitely step up with the expectation to knock it down. Hawks should take this one, but it is for sure no gimme.
I wish I was that confident standing over a 6 footer. If I'm being honest, I swear I'm only about 40% from that distance. Actually typing that out makes me realize I really need to work on my putting...lol

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's not completely true, just because they are ready for it doesn't mean it opens holes else where. Ok say a TE is keyed on Adams and Adam doesn't rush right? The TE can now be the outlet/Dump off same with a RB. It doesn't hurt them just to understand to "Watch for something" and it doesn't open something else up against them. If a team blitz that's different but Adams wasn't sent on a lot of Blitzes as they would drop a DE into coverage on most of his rushes, this fooled people his first year not so in the 2nd and that's why he was worthless as a rusher in 2021. Then the Hawks started to drop him into coverage a little more and well he stunk up the joint. lol
The more stuff the other team has to prepare for, the better off we are. Can we agree on that? Jamal Adams brings another dimension that teams have to deal with, and he has a skillset that is pretty uncommon. If teams have to devote some attention on that, it's an advantage for our defense. I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out on the field, and I think there is a way to use his strengths to make life tougher on the other team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more stuff the other team has to prepare for, the better off we are. Can we agree on that? Jamal Adams brings another dimension that teams have to deal with, and he has a skillset that is pretty uncommon. If teams have to devote some attention on that, it's an advantage for our defense. I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out on the field, and I think there is a way to use his strengths to make life tougher on the other team.

It's hard to know what Jamal will bring to the team since he basically hasn't played in 2 years. Pete said after the 2021 season that they didn't use Jamal properly.

If they expect him to take on a Tackle and win then they aren't using him properly. His win rate will always be low. If, otoh, they have him as a nickel backer who will either blitz or cover that short to mid middle then I think he could have some good success.

We are never going to be a blitz happy team but at some point, Pete needs to accept that we don't have a front 4 that can provide sustained pressure.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I was that confident standing over a 6 footer. If I'm being honest, I swear I'm only about 40% from that distance. Actually typing that out makes me realize I really need to work on my putting...lol
I guess putting is one of the few parts of my game that is better than average.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess putting is one of the few parts of my game that is better than average.

Yeah. I think your analogy would have been better with a 4 foot putt. You expect to make them but most amateurs miss far more of them than they care to admit.