• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Trade Thread 2024

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand this one. Dominguez, even with a higher ERA this month, looks like a different pitcher since April, but I am not sure he’s the high leverage arm that we need. Pache is a right-handed batter, but he’s not going to bring the offense that Hays did in an outfield full of lefties.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of meh but still a little upgrade offensively. Having Rojas and Pache on the roster was kind of redundant. And maybe moving Dominguez means they have an idea to upgrade the bullpen.

Huge upgrade offensively.

Pache is rancid.

Hayes has a OPS+ of 107 which is in line with his career. He’s a slightly above league average bat.

The surface level stats should improve with the ballpark change.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could still add more and he becomes depth.

If not, he’s still a consistently above league average bat. Even if it’s usually barely.
I’m seeing now his splits vs LHP are very good. He’s a .894 OPS vs lefties this year. I don’t see eye to eye with the Phillies here. I don’t think they adequately replaced Rhys Hoskins power production from the right side. Realmuto, Castellanos, and Bohm are all doubles guys. I’m still chasing Arozarena.

If they had Arozarena plus this move I’d be elated.

I also think that Seranthony being dealt means they are likely adding 2 or even 3 bull pen arms. They really need high leverage pen.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge upgrade offensively.

Pache is rancid.

Hayes has a OPS+ of 107 which is in line with his career. He’s a slightly above league average bat.

The surface level stats should improve with the ballpark change.
That's a great point. That change in the dimensions in left field in Baltimore made it tougher for a guy like Hays. He should fare better at Citizens Bank.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand this one. Dominguez, even with a higher ERA this month, looks like a different pitcher since April, but I am not sure he’s the high leverage arm that we need. Pache is a right-handed batter, but he’s not going to bring the offense that Hays did in an outfield full of lefties.
Seranthony is inconsistent. He struggles with any of his non fastball stuff. His big issue is location and the bases on balls he gives up. I think he would have to be an improvement for you guys if you’re still using Kimbrel in high leverage spots.