• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Trade Thread 2024

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EAsily Mayo and more. 3 pennant races for the likely AL Cy Young winner is going to cost a massive amount- esp. in this market. Mayo would just have to be the headliner.

I would say Mayo, Kjersted and another guy somewhere between 7 and 12 in their system.

I agree

Will they do it though

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs are different and the O’s puckered last year. That’s why regardless of how they look on paper I would have a hard time saying they’re the World Series favorites.
I agree…….it was a really young team, and they were not able to handle the spotlight like a veteran Rangers club was able to do. Having Bradish and Rodriguez start the playoffs was a tough ask, they were new to the spotlight themselves. Rodriguez didn’t even have a full season in the majors.

I think if you have Burnes, Rodriguez and a playoff tested arm like Scherzer in the #3 spot……..you are much better off than last year. They just have to then replace Coulombe in the bullpen, because we can’t count on him getting fully up to speed rehabbing against complex guys.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree…….it was a really young team, and they were not able to handle the spotlight like a veteran Rangers club was able to do. Having Bradish and Rodriguez start the playoffs was a tough ask, they were new to the spotlight themselves. Rodriguez didn’t even have a full season in the majors.

I think if you have Burnes, Rodriguez and a playoff tested arm like Scherzer in the #3 spot……..you are much better off than last year. They just have to then replace Coulombe in the bullpen, because we can’t count on him getting fully up to speed rehabbing against complex guys.
They have as good a chance as any to get it done. I was just pushing back on that idea of favorite. Ironically, I don’t think you want to be a favorite. The WS favorite rarely ever wins.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree

Will they do it though
no- i think they want to keep all of their top prospects because i think they see $ problems down the line and it will be so expensive to keep both henderson and rutschman. They might have to pick either or.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no- i think they want to keep all of their top prospects because i think they see $ problems down the line and it will be so expensive to keep both henderson and rutschman. They might have to pick either or.

For Detroit to trade Skubal this year it will take a haul.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw some teams linked to Taillon this morning

mgomrjsurf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Baumann to Giants. Cardinals want Fredde. Braves could be looking for a 2B and like Angels or Rockies or White Sox
solve all Their needs.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the Rockies ever considered trading McMahon? It looks like he signed for a couple more years but they aren't going anywhere any time soon so he could be a valuable piece for someone like the Braves.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty France placed on outright waivers. Looks like Seattle is trying to get someone to take the entirety of his contract for free. He can still play for them while going through this process.

mgomrjsurf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merrified to Braves and don't have to give up anybody in a Trade or call up Alvarez yet. Reds willing to Trade Rentals but mostly Pitchers.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merrified to Braves and don't have to give up anybody in a Trade or call up Alvarez yet. Reds willing to Trade Rentals but mostly Pitchers.
Basically a homecoming for the South Carolina graduate. Good move by them, I think it‘s low risk enough to work out.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit. I have no doubt he is going to end up being a thorn in the Phillies side. It's almost like it's scripted.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically a homecoming for the South Carolina graduate. Good move by them, I think it‘s low risk enough to work out.
Phillies couldn’t get him going. He wasn’t playing everyday but he was given quite a few ABs every week.

This is set up perfectly for Whitfield McTrashCan to become another Eddie Rosario. Rosario is a hot trash but in a Braves uniform he was second coming of Carl Yastrzemski.