• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Trade Thread 2024

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world Detroit re-signs him but its highly unlikely.

And someone pushes Maeda down a flight of stairs.
In a perfect world, Maeda retires and does a Tyler Perry movie where Maeda works in a nail salon and gets into a feud with a customer. It could be called Tyler Perry's Maeda vs Madea.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies

Everybody local is doing hypotheticals where they give up Miller and/or Painter. I don’t think they can compete with other farms that are going to be buying.

My dream deadline is Arozerena and Mason Miller. If they can make that happen I’m ok with them losing Miller and Painter to get it done. I just think the Phils will have to settle for the second tier for bull pen and OF.
I don't know if I'm as bullish on Arozarena as you are. He has been absolutely horrid this year, although I guess he's starting to come around a little.

Edit: I just looked him up and he did have a good June. Maybe it's a buy low opportunity. I don't know.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I'm as bullish on Arozarena as you are. He has been absolutely horrid this year, although I guess he's starting to come around a little.

Edit: I just looked him up and he did have a good June. Maybe it's a buy low opportunity. I don't know.
Two more years of arbitration. Right handed pop and he fits the clubhouse well with his propensity for big playoff hits. As you say, it could be a buy low opportunity when and if Roberts goes off the table. I think teams can out prospect the Phils and that’s why Miller and Painter are both on the table.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.178 and .198 BABIP in April and May respectively, and even with that horrendous May number, he still managed a 104 wRC+. 163 and 110 in June and July for wRC+. It is a little buy low, but the Rays aren’t giving him away.

Also…….there are pronounced splits this year where he is much better against lefties. Which has been the case, but he’s always been solidly above average for his career against righties, but not this year. If you are trading for him, you think you can tweak that.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dream for the Orioles is Scherzer, Yates and Tanner Scott.

I do not want Crochet. Give me the veteran with tons of playoff experience that’s going to take the ball behind Burnes and Grayson. I imagine we won’t get him, and we may only get one of Yates and Scott, but bullpen help is definitely needed since I am not confident in Coulombe or Bautista being ready to make a difference.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.178 and .198 BABIP in April and May respectively, and even with that horrendous May number, he still managed a 104 wRC+. 163 and 110 in June and July for wRC+. It is a little buy low, but the Rays aren’t giving him away.

Also…….there are pronounced splits this year where he is much better against lefties. Which has been the case, but he’s always been solidly above average for his career against righties, but not this year. If you are trading for him, you think you can tweak that.
Phillies have had some luck with hitting instructor Kevin Long being able to help guys tweak stuff. That being said if he can hit lefties that’s something the Phillies sorely need. It will help to get Realmuto back and Bohm hits lefties well but the Phillies splits against LHP this year have been meh. Arozarena Roberts and Rooker would really help. They can then platoon in CF with Marsh/Rojas. That platoon will play every game where the Phillies have a lead for defensive purposes in the late innings.

Why are we here? Cause Nick Castellanos has been feast or famine in Philly and unreliable.

I still think that the Phillies lack a closer. I think the Phils disagree with me. They will likely roll with Hoffman/Alvarado matchups/hot hand. Mason Miller is the only guy I like better than Hoffman that may be on the block. I think your Orioles get him. You can’t go to war with Kimbrel. Trust me. If that guy just blows one game instead of two games in Arizona, I think the Phils are 55/45 to beat Texas. He fell apart in Philly post All Star break after putting up good numbers. Hand him the ball at your peril in October.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dream for the Orioles is Scherzer, Yates and Tanner Scott.

I do not want Crochet. Give me the veteran with tons of playoff experience that’s going to take the ball behind Burnes and Grayson. I imagine we won’t get him, and we may only get one of Yates and Scott, but bullpen help is definitely needed since I am not confident in Coulombe or Bautista being ready to make a difference.

The Orioles have the farm I'd be willing to part with Skubal for.