• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota Twins vs. Texas Rangers 8/30-9/1

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Oakland is gonna go 6-1 against the rays and tigers. Playoff teams not playing at their best against Oakland is starting to get old. It's like we're the only team on earth who knows how to beat them
so much for their tough schedule and our easy one. We're barely getting by the Twins and White Sox and their betting up the Tigers and Rays.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rays tease us, but ultimately fall short. Oakland can suck a dick

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers acquire Michael Young. MY may get a WS title after all.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers acquire Michael Young. MY may get a WS title after all.

I'm not a believer in the dodgers. I think American League offenses can get to them and the dodgers offense isn't that good.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be a little closer to the family....I agree good for him

imagine, MY could get a ring.

I wonder if Cliff Lee is saying something like how could the Phillies get rid of such a great guy as MY about right now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will not see Gentry in LF today or the entire Oakland series bases on RW's, aka Robot Washington's, managing strategy.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Oakland is gonna go 6-1 against the rays and tigers. Playoff teams not playing at their best against Oakland is starting to get old. It's like we're the only team on earth who knows how to beat them
Gotta give these A's bastards credit, they're winning the games that have to win. We just need to take care of our business and win the head to head match ups. We're not going to get any help from others!

I'm also a little nervous about our other opponent next week, the Angels. They are playing really well right now, we may be hitting Anaheim at the wrong moment. Hope not....

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give these A's bastards credit, they're winning the games that have to win. We just need to take care of our business and win the head to head match ups. We're not going to get any help from others!

I'm also a little nervous about our other opponent next week, the Angels. They are playing really well right now, we may be hitting Anaheim at the wrong moment. Hope not....

Yeah it pains me to agree, but I must. Oh well, all we can do is play the team we're assigned and hopefully get some timely hitting. I'm telling ya, if Moreland doesn't come around and soon, he may be riding the pine too.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With rosters expanding today, the Rangers are adding seven players to their active roster
September 1 means rosters expansion time, and the Rangers are adding seven players to their active roster today.

The most notable of the additions is righthanded pitcher Neftali Feliz. Feliz, who missed most of the past two seasons after undergoing Tommy John surgery, is expected to join the bullpen, where he offers Ron Washington another late inning weapon.

Also being activated from the disabled list are Lance Berkman, who gives the team a DH option as well as a veteran bench bat, Michael Kirkman, who will be in the bullpen, and Nick Tepesch, who may replace Travis Blackley in the rotation.

Righthanded pitcher Cory Burns and catcher Robinson Chirinos are being promoted from AAA Round Rock, and outfielder Jim Adduci's contract will be purchased from AAA Round Rock.

The Rangers currently have 39 players on the 40 man roster (Nelson Cruz doesn't count while he is suspended), so to add Adduci (who isn't on the 40 man roster) as well as Feliz and Kirkman (who are on the 60 day disabled list), two roster spots will have to be created.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With rosters expanding today, the Rangers are adding seven players to their active roster
September 1 means rosters expansion time, and the Rangers are adding seven players to their active roster today.

The most notable of the additions is righthanded pitcher Neftali Feliz. Feliz, who missed most of the past two seasons after undergoing Tommy John surgery, is expected to join the bullpen, where he offers Ron Washington another late inning weapon.

Also being activated from the disabled list are Lance Berkman, who gives the team a DH option as well as a veteran bench bat, Michael Kirkman, who will be in the bullpen, and Nick Tepesch, who may replace Travis Blackley in the rotation.

Righthanded pitcher Cory Burns and catcher Robinson Chirinos are being promoted from AAA Round Rock, and outfielder Jim Adduci's contract will be purchased from AAA Round Rock.

The Rangers currently have 39 players on the 40 man roster (Nelson Cruz doesn't count while he is suspended), so to add Adduci (who isn't on the 40 man roster) as well as Feliz and Kirkman (who are on the 60 day disabled list), two roster spots will have to be created.

1 spot can be pretty easily created by putting Roman Mendez on the 60 day DL, he's hurt and not pitching again this year

Other spot is difficult, McGuinesss maybe?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 spot can be pretty easily created by putting Roman Mendez on the 60 day DL, he's hurt and not pitching again this year

Other spot is difficult, McGuinesss maybe?
I just hope that Kirkman isn't on the roster for that long. I would love to get rid of him forever.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope that Kirkman isn't on the roster for that long. I would love to get rid of him forever.

I'm quite as down on him. He hasn't pitched great, and probably won't have many opportunities even with the expanded roster. But he's still only 26, mid 90's, decent curve and he's real inexpensive too. Give him another season and maybe he'll develop some movement on that fast ball.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I meant to say "I'm not quite as down on him."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite as down on him. He hasn't pitched great, and probably won't have many opportunities even with the expanded roster. But he's still only 26, mid 90's, decent curve and he's real inexpensive too. Give him another season and maybe he'll develop some movement on that fast ball.
He is like Murphy in two distinct ways. Very nice person and needs to go. Good luck to each.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is like Murphy in two distinct ways. Very nice person and needs to go. Good luck to each.

I'm not sure he wouldn't be as decent as Ross has been. But know where you're coming from. I never like to get rid of a pitcher until late 20s though.

I just read that EA, during the last 11 games, is hitting .364. I swear, this team can't catch a break.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda excited to see what neftali can do. Teapesh back should help also. Hey. Maybe berkman will be that spark to the offense ;)

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did E. Beltre or Butler get called up?