• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota rules the world of football

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a good place to leave this:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well… you still have cheerleading
giphy.gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota now holds the distinction for the least consecutive OOC victories.
That is correct. And as is always the case, every streak must end, eventually. I'd have preferred to have it end in a bowl game vs a very worthy opponent, but maybe instead we'll work on extending our string of bowl wins to 5 in hopes that it can, someday, turn into some sort of record winning streak.

UMn and UMners do winning streaks quite well, actually.

We STILL own the longest unbeaten streak AND the longest winning streak in major college football history!!!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp Crystal Lake is in Minnesota and OP is indeed Jason Voorhees.

I'm a little too short to be Jason Voorhees. I'm sure if the camp was full of midgets, then I would tower over them like a sort of smaller version of Jason Voorhees, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure.... :eek:

Are you trying to imply that Gopher cheerleaders are not attractive or are you pointing out that our Spirit Squad, while dominating the nation for the entirety of the 21st Century with 19 Natl Titles in as many years, has fallen off the top of the podium recently?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is correct. And as is always the case, every streak must end, eventually. I'd have preferred to have it end in a bowl game vs a very worthy opponent, but maybe instead we'll work on extending our string of bowl wins to 5 in hopes that it can, someday, turn into some sort of record winning streak.

UMn and UMners do winning streaks quite well, actually.

We STILL own the longest unbeaten streak AND the longest winning streak in major college football history!!!
I don't get what you are talking about. UMn doesn't even register in the top 25 winning streaks in NCAA history.

Oklahoma has the record at 47.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get what you are talking about. UMn doesn't even register in the top 25 winning streaks in NCAA history.

Oklahoma's coach was none other than former UMn Gopher Bud Wilkinson.

Washington's coach was none other than former UMn Gopher Gil Dobie.

That accounts for #1 and #2 on that list, oh, and #9 as well, as Bud Wilkinson has 2 on that list.

UMn was the spoiler to Michigan's #13 rated streak.

And Biggie Munn, another former UMn Gopher, sits on that list at #17

And AGAIN, another former Gopher has 2 on that list as Gil Dobie was the coach at Cornell for their 26 game win streak that comes in at #20 on that list

Last edited:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you are right, the Gophers come in tied at #30 with a 24 game win streak, and Bernie Bierman's 3 winning streaks of 18 coaching Tulane, and 18 and 21 coaching Minnesota were never able to reach the lengths that modern or more ancient streaks could as Michigan was playing upwards of 15 game a season in 1902, and teams nowadays play 13 or more games in a season, while Bierman's Tulane teams were only playing 10 or 11 games and his Gopher teams were only playing 8 a year without a single easy non-conf opponent on any of those schedules.

So UMn's streaks of, 21 and 18 were easily as impressive as streaks of much longer by other programs and even more impressive than UMn's own 24 game winning streak, that was also a 35 game unbeaten streak.

Even here lately it was argued that Minnesota's 21 game ooc winning streak was meaningless because of there only being a few significant wins among the 21 games. That very argument could be used IN FAVOR of the streaks of 21 and 18 accomplished by Bierman at Minnesota.