• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Pettine: Russell Wilson is not a top tier QB

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. Love it when he posts, always good for a chuckle. I always rate his posts funny.

That is exactly WHY I bumped this thread.
Hey, I know the Seahawks chances are at best 20-25% to win the SB, but that certainly doesn't mean that 'their window is closed' This year or next 5. As long as they have JC and RW. PC is great, but JS and RW make them what they are.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's moving for the new top tier group.

For years it was Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees for me. All 4 had SB wins, SB MVP's, Offensive player of the Year or league MVP's, and were the rightful 1st team all pro's at the position for over a decade. All 4 were the standouts over the past 10 years in volume, efficiency, consistency, wins... Made it pretty easy, there was a really strong delineation there (no offense to other QB's).

Now for the new group it's tough to call. I'd put him on his way there. I don't think he's top tier like that, but we might not see as easy of a call for the elite again.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their run D just looks nasty. They've been the only D to completely shut down AZ all year...and twice. I'm not saying AZ's run D is bad, but SEA's is better.
Green Bay has the number one run defense in the NFC.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've played against the Jaguars, Vikings and Lions... All have horrible run offenses right now...
It doesn't matter, they still have the best run defense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure... But they're the only one?
It changes for a lot of other teams. I would say Window open to win championships right now in the AFC are Pats, Denver and Pitt. I don't see another team that has a chance. All 3 windows are open for a couple more years. Some teams are opening their window like Raiders.
In the NFC I will say its anyone season this year. We have teams like Carolina and Arizona who haven't showed up. Arizona window is closing fast with the aging Palmer and Retirement of Fitz. Carolina window is open but they need to fix the window. Seattle is slightly open and will be closed soon like I said. Then you have teams that open their window like Minn.

In the NFL is a tricky situation. Windows open and close year to year. Look at my 49ers. we had a good 3 year window. Its been closed and we aren't close to opening it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, and as usual you don't provide any REASONS why Seattle is on the 'window closing' list. Aging? Nope. Cap hell? Nope. Lousy drafting? Heh. Nope. Skinflint owner? Nope. Shvtty stadium no-one wants to play in? Nope. Shitty QB? Nope.

So basically, the reason that Seattle's window is closing is that they hurt your feelings.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've played against the Jaguars, Vikings and Lions... All have horrible run offenses right now...

isn't the run offenses of those teams already skewed because they have faced the Packers?

what were their rankings prior to playing Green Bay?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't the run offenses of those teams already skewed because they have faced the Packers?

I just wouldn't get too excited with the teams they played... Here's those team's rankings through week 4... And if GB didn't have a bye, Indy would be #23...

upload_2016-10-3_13-22-27.png

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a list of players to throw for 4,000+ yards, 30+ TDs, and rush for 500+ yards in NFL history:

1. Russell Wilson

Yep, I'd say if someone puts up numbers like that they're pretty good.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's moving for the new top tier group.

For years it was Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees for me. All 4 had SB wins, SB MVP's, Offensive player of the Year or league MVP's, and were the rightful 1st team all pro's at the position for over a decade. All 4 were the standouts over the past 10 years in volume, efficiency, consistency, wins... Made it pretty easy, there was a really strong delineation there (no offense to other QB's).

Now for the new group it's tough to call. I'd put him on his way there. I don't think he's top tier like that, but we might not see as easy of a call for the elite again.

I think there are two future elite QB's in the NFCEast alone :suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, and as usual you don't provide any REASONS why Seattle is on the 'window closing' list. Aging? Nope. Cap hell? Nope. Lousy drafting? Heh. Nope. Skinflint owner? Nope. Shvtty stadium no-one wants to play in? Nope. Shitty QB? Nope.

So basically, the reason that Seattle's window is closing is that they hurt your feelings.

As I said right after their SB win, and has come true, SEA hasn't been able to and won't be able to keep that defense together. Others will overpay and the defense won't take pay cuts to go elsewhere. It's stupid for them, I'll give you that. But they want to get paid and I can't blame them. So SEA has to rely on drafting to replace them. They aren't drafting poorly, but they don't have the dominant defense that won the SB.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might have something to do with none of them having their planned starting RB this year. Unless I'm mistaken, Pack didn't face Ivory, AP, or Ameer