• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Evans

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You only pay the king's ransom to move up into the top 10 if a guy is a real special talent.

So Clowney is the only guy in this draft I would put in that category and it would be extremely stupid to move up into the top 10 to take anyone else.

Now 11 on down I would say would be expensive but still worth it considering the amount of picks we have and the real need for an impact player. We could feasibly move up that high without destroying this year or next year's draft.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then in a 4-down line in a passing situation, I'd do it like this:

Lemonier / Tank, Clowney, JSmith / Tank, Aldon.

:drool:

We would probably end up with the best Dline in the league. Where would that get us? We already have one of the best. We have the best Oline in the league (supposedly) and look at how "good" our offense is.

It would be monumentally stupid to trade away so many picks in a deep draft for one player IMO. I agree that if we do it it has to be for Clowney but that doesn't make it a remotely good idea.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We would probably end up with the best Dline in the league. Where would that get us? We already have one of the best. We have the best Oline in the league (supposedly) and look at how "good" our offense is.

It would be monumentally stupid to trade away so many picks in a deep draft for one player IMO. I agree that if we do it it has to be for Clowney but that doesn't make it a remotely good idea.

There's a pretty big difference between "one of the best" and "THE best" when we're talking about pass rush, though. I'm not interested in giving up three picks to move up in this draft, but if they were to go after an elite pass rusher, I could live with it. I would far prefer that to going after a WR, due to the caliber of the individual players (Clowney vs. Evans) and the relative value of the positions.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It would be monumentally stupid to trade away so many picks in a deep draft for one player IMO.

It's never stupid to draft a potential hall-of-fame D-lineman. That one guy is more valuable than the combined value of most teams' entire drafts over the course of 2 years.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's never stupid to draft a potential hall-of-fame D-lineman. That one guy is more valuable than the combined value of most teams' entire drafts over the course of 2 years.

If he becomes that player, that's true. It's the uncertainty that should give any team pause. And Clowney has plenty of flags.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Clowney is only feasible if the Texans say "screw the draft value chart we'll take a bunch of good picks."

And if you're going to do it this would be a good draft to do it because with 5 tradeable picks in the first 3 rounds you have a lot of picks you could package without it completely ruining your future drafts like how the Redskins are paying for the RGIII trade now.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith, 1st, 2nd, and 2 3rd's all in this years draft to move up for Clowney. Sounds fair to me. They Texans get a pass rushers anyway and ammo to stock pile talent. We get rid of Smith and possible get a better player for it.

Never going to happen, but around this time of the year it's all about imagination and what ifs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith, 1st, 2nd, and 2 3rd's all in this years draft to move up for Clowney. Sounds fair to me. They Texans get a pass rushers anyway and ammo to stock pile talent. We get rid of Smith and possible get a better player for it.

Never going to happen, but around this time of the year it's all about imagination and what ifs.

U are nuts. We should get the picks. We are giving them the Best pass rusher in football and we are taking a chance on Clowney who didn't have a good college football year this year.

A. Smith for #1, 3rd rd and 5th rd.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he got in trouble I will give them our #1 to and they give us next years 2nd rd pick.
49ers get: 1st pick, 3rd, 5th and next years 2nd
Texans get: A. Smith and our 1st rd and we throw in next years 5th.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
U are nuts. We should get the picks. We are giving them the Best pass rusher in football and we are taking a chance on Clowney who didn't have a good college football year this year.

A. Smith for #1, 3rd rd and 5th rd.

And a guy with serious off-field issues. He could be one more slip-up away from a year-long suspension. No team is going to give value commensurate to what he's worth when he's on the field.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And a guy with serious off-field issues. He could be one more slip-up away from a year-long suspension. No team is going to give value commensurate to what he's worth when he's on the field.

And to add he'll be up for a contract soon.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would offer:

1st, both 2nds, 3rd and a 2015 1st and 3rd

From our perspective we would get Clowney without severely killing gimping our draft this year or next.

From the Texans perspective it's probably not even close to adding up to the draft value chart but they would get a lot of quality picks for a pick they obviously would like to trade out of. So for the rights to Clowney they could add a lot of quality talent in a hurry. If they draft well they could easily be right back in the hunt for a championship.

I would have to second Sick in that our pass rush would be absolutely terrifying if we added Clowney and that prospect alone makes it fun to entertain.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched about 5-6 games of the Buffalo Bulls last year and that was cuz I owned Alex Neutz and Branden Oliver in fantasy football. To me I think Khalil Mack is more consistent than Clowney and might be the better player. I know we dont need another rushing LB but Mack is just a beast.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would offer:

1st, both 2nds, 3rd and a 2015 1st and 3rd

From our perspective we would get Clowney without severely killing gimping our draft this year or next.

From the Texans perspective it's probably not even close to adding up to the draft value chart but they would get a lot of quality picks for a pick they obviously would like to trade out of. So for the rights to Clowney they could add a lot of quality talent in a hurry. If they draft well they could easily be right back in the hunt for a championship.

I would have to second Sick in that our pass rush would be absolutely terrifying if we added Clowney and that prospect alone makes it fun to entertain.

Next year we'd have a second, fourth, and then late-round picks. That's pretty severely gimping the draft. I wouldn't do it for Clowney. The guy scares me too much in terms of desire. And giving up four top-100 picks in this draft for one player would be brutal.

I just don't like trades like this. Way too risky when you don't really know what you're getting. If the guy busts, you've basically hamstrung the team for the foreseeable future. If he's anything less than spectacular, it's probably not a good trade in the long run.

I have trouble seeing Baalke disagree with me given his draft history. He'll move up, but I struggled to see him shedding three or more top-100 picks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way we give that much. We are already giving them the best pass rusher in football. What we get? A player that might turn into a Bust and we give half our draft away. No way.

Stick with what we have. Chances of CLowney being better then Smith is like at 10% right now. He wasn't even that good in college in his last year.

Pass on Clowney.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No way we give that much. We are already giving them the best pass rusher in football. What we get? A player that might turn into a Bust and we give half our draft away. No way.

Stick with what we have. Chances of CLowney being better then Smith is like at 10% right now. He wasn't even that good in college in his last year.

Pass on Clowney.

I don't think Jikkle's proposal includes Aldon. Granted the odds of Clowney being better than Aldon on the field are slim, but again, Aldon has to stay on the field. He missed five games last year, and is looking at missing at least four more this year. You can't just ignore the suspension risk. It is a huge detractor to his value.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My ideal scenario would be to trade our 1st pick (plus a 2nd rd pick) to the Raiders for their 2015 1st rounder. I can see Reggie McKenzie wanting to do it since he has to win in order to save his job. The Raiders have one of the hardest schedules next season, so we could be getting at worst a mid 1st round pick in 2015.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My ideal scenario would be to trade our 1st pick (plus a 2nd rd pick) to the Raiders for their 2015 1st rounder. I can see Reggie McKenzie wanting to do it since he has to win in order to save his job. The Raiders have one of the hardest schedules next season, so we could be getting at worst a mid 1st round pick in 2015.

A first and a second? I don't think I'd do that, particularly in such a deep draft. I'd do a first and maybe a late-3rd or 4th. A second is a lot. Hell, in 2007 the Niners traded their 2008 1st AND a 2007 4th to get NE's 28th pick. We got ripped off a bit in that trade (though I'd argue we still ended up ahead by landing Staley and getting him for much cheaper than the top OTs), but I can't see us giving up markedly more than our first round pick to move up like that.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A first and a second? I don't think I'd do that, particularly in such a deep draft. I'd do a first and maybe a late-3rd or 4th. A second is a lot. Hell, in 2007 the Niners traded their 2008 1st AND a 2007 4th to get NE's 28th pick. We got ripped off a bit in that trade (though I'd argue we still ended up ahead by landing Staley and getting him for much cheaper than the top OTs), but I can't see us giving up markedly more than our first round pick to move up like that.

Sorry, that was my mistake. I meant to say a 3rd rounder. I'm sure Baalke will try to lowball McKenzie as much as possible considering the Raiders are in win now mode. Our 1st and one of our later 3rds for a future 1st is a great deal imo.