• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Evans

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anyone else say it but it does make sense.

6 picks in the top 100 is more than we can use and the roster desperately needs impact not another #2 or #3 CB/WR.

So I would consider it a surprise if we didn't trade up and I think it's more of a question of how much is Baalke willing to jump up.
Only the FO of the 9ers know what the real story is. I would love to trade up for Verrett orEvans but I never have seen my picks in a trade up situation actually get picked. Most likely it would be for Cooks or Dennard...maybe Gilbert.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Here you go Mike Evans fans

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]459780716507570177[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]459741923939348480[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]459752371665395712[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm starting to think we do have interest in moving up to snatch Evans, but the cost of doing so is extremely expensive. Sooo, the new 1b plan is to move up to get Latimer (yes moving up above#30) thus why we are showing so much interest at his pro day. The cost of moving up for Latimer is probably much less than moving up for Evans...or...:noidea: we are just filling the sky with smoke to mask our true intentions.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't heard anyone else say it but it does make sense.

6 picks in the top 100 is more than we can use and the roster desperately needs impact not another #2 or #3 CB/WR.

So I would consider it a surprise if we didn't trade up and I think it's more of a question of how much is Baalke willing to jump up.

agree, Baalke will at least try to trade up round 1.

will the player(s) he's targeting slide a LITTLE? will he get a willing trade partner? we'll see.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised that they would be interested in Evans. But I would be shocked if they moved up into the top 10 for him. Evans is not worth the cost. However, if he fell to around 15 I'd have no problem with the move. Highly unlikely though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it. Baalke doesn't do things like this. Trade half of our draft for 1 player.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do move up in the first, I dont see it being for Evens. I am thinking more it will be like the move up to take Reid last year. If the move up is to take a WR, I think it will likely be Cooks not Evens. We already have 2 Evens like Receivers, we need a speed receiver to stretch the field more then the big bodied go up and get it kind of WR.

I get the feeling that if we move up it will be for a DB as that is our biggest need. An almost identical move to the one last year with Reid.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please be a smoke screen

Please be a smoke screen

Please be a smoke screen

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Please be a smoke screen

Please be a smoke screen

Please be a smoke screen

Dodub, after all these years I'm glad we can finally come together on something: being a hater. :)

Haters_gonna_hate_suit.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FRom ESPN Rumors Section

ESPN's Chris Mortensen said Friday that there's buzz that the 49ers are "prepared to make a huge move" in the first round of next month's NFL draft.

Is this the plan the Niners have to upgrade their receiving corps?

Depending on how things shake out atop the draft, this could potentially put San Francisco in play for playmaking deep-threat Sammy Watkins or the big rangy target that is Mike Evans.

With the window of opportunity to win a Super Bowl being now, and a pair of big receivers already on the roster in Anquan Boldin and Michael Crabtree, one must think that Watkins would fill the bigger need. We'll continue to keep a close eye on this and let you know when we hear more about the Niners' plans.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
ESPN's Chris Mortensen said Friday that there's buzz that the 49ers are "prepared to make a huge move" in the first round of next month's NFL draft.

Is this the plan the Niners have to upgrade their receiving corps?

Depending on how things shake out atop the draft, this could potentially put San Francisco in play for playmaking deep-threat Sammy Watkins or the big rangy target that is Mike Evans.

With the window of opportunity to win a Super Bowl being now, and a pair of big receivers already on the roster in Anquan Boldin and Michael Crabtree, one must think that Watkins would fill the bigger need. We'll continue to keep a close eye on this and let you know when we hear more about the Niners' plans.

If they trade into the top 10 for a WR, I am going to lose it. This has been the offseason from hell; don't make it even worse Baalke! The draft is your one chance to redeem this crap offseason.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A WR like Mike Evans would be redundant in our current scheme and might not see much playing time in his 1st season. Brandin Cooks or OBJr would bring a new dimension (speed and special teams), so they can be integrated into the offense a bit sooner. And then you factor in the extra cost to trade up for Evans (possible top 10 pick) compared to those two and it's simply not worth it. I'm sure we can get a possession receiver to replace Boldin or Crab in the later rounds.

I think we are going to trade up to the mid 1st for a CB, but I wouldn't be averse to trading up for Cooks or OBJr.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A WR like Mike Evans would be redundant in our current scheme and might not see much playing time in his 1st season. Brandin Cooks or OBJr would bring a new dimension (speed and special teams), so they can be integrated into the offense a bit sooner. And then you factor in the extra cost to trade up for Evans (possible top 10 pick) compared to those two and it's simply not worth it. I'm sure we can get a possession receiver to replace Boldin or Crab in the later rounds.

I think we are going to trade up to the mid 1st for a CB, but I wouldn't be averse to trading up for Cooks or OBJr.

What other 6'5" receivers that can run and catch is Evans redundant with?

If anything Patton, Crabtree, and Boldin are redundant.

Evans is a true WO not a slot receiver and he can and does go deep down field. While not a burner he will take the top off defense who will have to game plan how to stop his ability to go up and get the ball down the field.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
With Kaepernick's lack of success throwing fades & back-shoulder passes, I don't want to rely on a big receiver whose game is all about position. The QB makes all the difference with those guys. The Niners' offense needs a guy who's going to get separation & catch a pass on the run.

Drafting Mike Evans would be a terrible mistake. Matthews & Moncrief are both better recivers than he.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also,those Cooks and OBJr wr always have trouble their first season. Look how bad Austin did this past season. He flat out sucked and was labeled a bust for what the rams gave up for him. He had one good week and that was against an injured Colts team who were missing both starting CBs.

The problem with them is they are so used to relying soley on their athleticism that they find getting open from pure speed an issue. They get jammed at the line and if they don't run pressie routes they are not open. Getting pressed is hard for them to learn how to beat so they line up in the back field and stuff to try and find new ways to get open and that makes it harder and slower for them to learn their routes.

Cooks and to a lesser extent Beckham will be just like McCluster and Austin. Great athletes who have to wait a year or so to learn how to actually play the position. These players once it clicks become extremely good, but it takes a while. Beckham I think is a better prospect than Cooks as he runs better routes and has better hands.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What other 6'5" receivers that can run and catch is Evans redundant with?

If anything Patton, Crabtree, and Boldin are redundant.

Evans is a true WO not a slot receiver and he can and does go deep down field. While not a burner he will take the top off defense who will have to game plan how to stop his ability to go up and get the ball down the field.

How often is Evans going to see the field over Crabtree and/or Boldin? I doubt it's going to be much in his rookie season. I don't think it's worth trading in to the top 10 for that.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kaepernick's lack of success throwing fades & back-shoulder passes, I don't want to rely on a big receiver whose game is all about position. The QB makes all the difference with those guys. The Niners' offense needs a guy who's going to get separation & catch a pass on the run.

Drafting Mike Evans would be a terrible mistake. Matthews & Moncrief are both better receivers than he.

Throwing aback shoulder fade to a 6'1" player is different than a 6'5" player. It just needs to be close.

And I do like the other 2, but I like Evans way more.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also,those Cooks and OBJr wr always have trouble their first season. Look how bad Austin did this past season. He flat out sucked and was labeled a bust for what the rams gave up for him. He had one good week and that was against an injured Colts team who were missing both starting CBs.

The problem with them is they are so used to relying soley on their athleticism that they find getting open from pure speed an issue. They get jammed at the line and if they don't run pressie routes they are not open. Getting pressed is hard for them to learn how to beat so they line up in the back field and stuff to try and find new ways to get open and that makes it harder and slower for them to learn their routes.

Cooks and to a lesser extent Beckham will be just like McCluster and Austin. Great athletes who have to wait a year or so to learn how to actually play the position. These players once it clicks become extremely good, but it takes a while. Beckham I think is a better prospect than Cooks as he runs better routes and has better hands.

I'll take the learning curve at a cheaper price for two guys that can also be returners.