• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Evans

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we were looking for a guy to start on the outside then I would like Evans in the 1st or Benjamin in the 2nd rnd. Big, strong WR

if Baalke agrees, then fine with me.

odds are we won't get Watkins so no matter who is named, some will like him, some won't.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we arent but I would do anything to get Watkins

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will also take a 2015 1st rd pick. No thanks.

:agree: I wouldn't make that trade. Is Watkins going to play DB? Niners need more than a #1 receiver. They need CBs and maybe help with pass rush depending on what happens with Aldon.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I wouldn't make that trade. Is Watkins going to play DB? Niners need more than a #1 receiver. They need CBs and maybe help with pass rush depending on what happens with Aldon.
Many variables for sure. As the draft gets closer I really think that the 9ers hold back a bit and trade up after the 20 spot. It is hard to say for me as to whom they might pick between a CB or WR. Fuller,Dennard, Verrett at CB?. Cooks, Lee ,Benjamin at WR? Just six more days to find out!

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even trade all six of our picks to start the draft?

wasn't it that amount to get top 5?

According to the standard draft value chart it would take 1800 to get the Browns pick at 4.

It would cost

30, 56, 77, 129 and next years Number 1.

That gives us 4, 61, 94, 100 in the first 3 rounds.

If he falls to 4 then that's what the trade off would be.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Many variables for sure. As the draft gets closer I really think that the 9ers hold back a bit and trade up after the 20 spot. It is hard to say for me as to whom they might pick between a CB or WR. Fuller,Dennard, Verrett at CB?. Cooks, Lee ,Benjamin at WR? Just six more days to find out!

I think they'll eye that 11-15 spot and go for either Beckham or one of the CBs in Gilbert, Fuller, or Dennard.

I believe with the draft value chart they could get the Titans number 11 pick for 30, 56, 77 which would leave us still with a 2nd and two 3rds.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not for trading into the top 10, that is just too high a price.

am for trading up into the teens and later, and my guess would be late teens like last year. but think we'll give up more than a 3rd.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
2014 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

Well even Walterfootball agrees with me that we could go after the Titans spot :D

Though I am starting to wonder if Cooks is more our target. We were reportedly interested in Tavon Austin last year and Cooks will likely come cheaper because it's almost certain at best he would be the 4th WR off the board.

I do think it comes down to Beckham or Cooks though as I believe Baalke is desperately trying to add speed and explosiveness to the offense.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

Well even Walterfootball agrees with me that we could go after the Titans spot :D

Though I am starting to wonder if Cooks is more our target. We were reportedly interested in Tavon Austin last year and Cooks will likely come cheaper because it's almost certain at best he would be the 4th WR off the board.

I do think it comes down to Beckham or Cooks though as I believe Baalke is desperately trying to add speed and explosiveness to the offense.

If we trade up to #11 and take ODB in a WR heavy draft class over Justin Gilbert I will likely turn off my TV and ignore all NFL related content for several days while I cool off over such a desperate and unwarranted draft move by the 49ers. Oh who am I kidding, I'll be on here to voice my dissatisfaction like everyone else. I will likely not care about the rest of the draft though if we swing and miss that badly in round 1.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they move up to 11 and take a WR. I won't be happy about it, I would prefer a CB early, WR and pass rusher later (I'm doubting Aldon will be around a lot this year).

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
(I'm doubting Aldon will be around a lot this year).

I don't know if this is accurate, but a suspension this year may take his games missed last season into consideration as "time served" and just dock him equivalent pay for the amount of games he missed. He may miss some games in addition to that, but I don't think it'll be a bunch of 'em.

Is this accurate? Or have I missed something?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't know if this is accurate, but a suspension this year may take his games missed last season into consideration as "time served" and just dock him equivalent pay for the amount of games he missed. He may miss some games in addition to that, but I don't think it'll be a bunch of 'em.

Is this accurate? Or have I missed something?

Goodell didn't drop a suspension on him last season because of the missed games so I don't think that will count as time served in this case.

He's a repeat offender so I think he'll get suspended for something like 4 games since the incident itself wasn't really a big deal but big enough that he got arrested.

The other element to consider is the 9ers themselves might want him to get help and I believe this time they'll take as long as he needs even if he had to miss the entire season.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need an explosive slot guy to help out on offense. And with Crabtree banged up in the past, you need another good WR and they don't have much confidence in Patton. I think with how good our front 7 is, we can draft a CB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade up to #11 and take ODB in a WR heavy draft class over Justin Gilbert I will likely turn off my TV and ignore all NFL related content for several days while I cool off over such a desperate and unwarranted draft move by the 49ers. Oh who am I kidding, I'll be on here to voice my dissatisfaction like everyone else. I will likely not care about the rest of the draft though if we swing and miss that badly in round 1.

I feel the same way. You have to go Gilbert there. I have no problem taking Beckham any pick from 14 on. But only if Gilbert's gone.

However, Baalke does have a history of trading up higher in the first for a player than their perceived value.
Moving up for Davis when most felt he'd be at our pick. Reid last year. And even Aldon. Most boards had Quinn rated higher and Aldon around 9-13. Would not be shocked by anything Baalke does. If he likes a player he'll go get him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We need an explosive slot guy to help out on offense. And with Crabtree banged up in the past, you need another good WR and they don't have much confidence in Patton. I think with how good our front 7 is, we can draft a CB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

I think the bigger need is an explosive outside guy to stretch the field. Our top three receivers can all play effectively from the slot. We need speed outside to complement Davis' speed inside.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bigger need is an explosive outside guy to stretch the field. Our top three receivers can all play effectively from the slot. We need speed outside to complement Davis' speed inside.

I agree.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep, get the best outside WR they can, early on. cause then you have that future starter in place.

you can always add that speed (to stretch the field) guy mid round.