• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Michigan, Georgia and Oklahoma

The fourth team in the playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m unsure if Michigan makes it in with Bama losing to Georgia.

No question. I agree. Bama losing would cause absolute chaos if UM, ND and OU go undefeated, as well as Clemson.

Out of OU and UM — UM would be the only one who would have even the slightest shot to get in over Bama, because they lost the 1st week of the season and it was on the road to ND, who would be in the CFP.

I would be sick to my stomach if UM wins out and doesn’t get in, but I couldn’t really be upset. Bama has destroyed everyone in their path this year. (It doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be bitching and moaning about it though:lol:)

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan shits the bed somewhere.
Oklahoma wins out.
Georgia will have two losses.

Oklahoma gets the nod and gets their ass pounded.

People that argue there should be more than 4 teams aren’t paying attention. There were only 3 worthy last year and only really 2 this year (ND will get beat down as well).

I don’t see a scenario where anyone “ pounds” them. They’re gonna score on anyone. That being said they’ll give up 45 points to anyone as well. I know years are different but it was just last year we were told Georgia and they’re #2 ranked D would stop OU and they gave up 48 I believe. Not calling my shot on an OU win but I honestly think they are one of the few teams that can score with anyone

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question. I agree. Bama losing would cause absolute chaos if UM, ND and OU go undefeated, as well as Clemson.

Out of OU and UM — UM would be the only one who would have even the slightest shot to get in over Bama, because they lost the 1st week of the season and it was on the road to ND, who would be in the CFP.

I would be sick to my stomach if UM wins out and doesn’t get in, but I couldn’t really be upset. Bama has destroyed everyone in their path this year. (It doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be bitching and moaning about it though:lol:)
Absolutely Bama should be in assuming they dominate like they have and lose a close one to Georgia.

I’d also be bitching about being left out for a team that didn’t win their conference with the same record.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m unsure if Michigan makes it in with Bama losing to Georgia.
I agree if the committee's charge is to find the four best teams. Even if Bama loses to Georgia, I don't see four better teams in the nation than Bama.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree if the committee's charge is to find the four best teams. Even if Bama loses to Georgia, I don't see four better teams in the nation than Bama.

Ugh, it kills me when you guys say stuff like this.

If Alabama loses....then it's not the team everyone thought they were.

Probably still better than Michigan though.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, it kills me when you guys say stuff like this.

If Alabama loses....then it's not the team everyone thought they were.

Probably still better than Michigan though.
Kill you all they want but what we are left with is Michigan who has a great defense but an above average offense. Oklahoma has a great offense but a well below average defense. Even with a loss to Georgia, Bama would still have an offense and defense that is viewed as great (although the defense is not up to the level of the Bama defenses in the recent past). Short of Bama being taken out to the wood shed and being blown out by 30 points, they should go.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kill you all they want but what we are left with is Michigan who has a great defense but an above average offense. Oklahoma has a great offense but a well below average defense. Even with a loss to Georgia, Bama would still have an offense and defense that is viewed as great (although the defense is not up to the level of the Bama defenses in the recent past). Short of Bama being taken out to the wood shed and being blown out by 30 points, they should go.

You ain't gonna get me to argue against things being relative to other teams, just can't say things are the same if we lose.

It won't be for me anyway. Not saying we won't be among the best teams still, but eh. And losing right before the playoffs to a team in the playoffs...eh again. I generally think of the conference championships as a defacto playoff round if 2 teams are contenders, but I suppose that's not strictly in the "4 best teams" rules.

There's a limit there and it's getting pretty damn close at that point. It was one thing last year to miss the conference championship game and then Georgia beat Auburn in that rematch and Alabama never played Georgia, but I don't know about this case.

I suppose when the lose happens shouldn't matter, but it kind of does. I'd take it, but I'm not sure I really like it. All depends on how/why the loss happened. I can see cases where maybe Alabama loses for some dumb reason and then ok, but overall in normal cases - not really.