• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Michigan, Georgia and Oklahoma

The fourth team in the playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, after the last two blowouts, beating Oklahoma has become like beating Furman for us. Michigan and Notre Dame could both be interesting though.

I hear ya about the past. Kind of like the last 3 wins OU has over Alabama. It gets old. :rolleyes2:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has the O, but OUr D has yet to reach puberty. We'd be a waste of a CFB spot at this time.

UGA has the resume, other than the loss to LSU. Not sure if the CFP committee is ready to put both Bama and UGA in again unless UGA can beat Bama in the SEC CG.

Michigan lost early and have looked better as the season goes on.

Georgia's only shot is beating Bama in the SECCG, and even then that's if we don't fuck up against Auburn or GT.

And I think Bama is out if they lose the CCG as well unless Notre Dame loses.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Michigan but think Oklahoma is better equipped to upset the top 2 seeds.
Maybe Bama...but OU hasn't been very good against Clemson the last few times they've played.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that argue there should be more than 4 teams aren’t paying attention. There were only 3 worthy last year and only really 2 this year (ND will get beat down as well).
Who wasn't?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Bama...but OU hasn't been very good against Clemson the last few times they've played.
Yeah I'll give you that. Maybe Michigan vs Clemson would go better than OU or Shiteyes playing them.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia's only shot is beating Bama in the SECCG, and even then that's if we don't fuck up against Auburn or GT.

And I think Bama is out if they lose the CCG as well unless Notre Dame loses.
Alabama could lose to Auburn and Georgia and would find a back door into the playoff.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I feel like I've stepped into the Twilight Zone. I enter these threads that used to be full of Harbaugh bashing, to find people picking Michigan to be good at things.
It's OK. Most of them still dislike you. Remember, be the Angry Weasel. Care not.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson didn't belong last year. They lose by double digits to any of the other 3 teams.
I refer to those as "imposters" or "pretenders".

Using blowouts as criteria, every year of the CFP (and some BCS years) has had some IMHO...more than one in some cases if you use >2 TDs as the criteria.

FSU '14 -39 pts
Sparty '15 -38 pts, OU -20 pts
Ohio State '16 -31 pts, Washington -17 pts
Clemson '17 -18 pts

And what was the result of having them? They lost (got slaughtered in some cases) and were eliminated from the playoffs.

Which is why I'm for expanding the playoffs from 4 to 6 or 8...not any larger because of the sheer number of games it creates. In expanding, might we let even more "pretenders" or "imposters" in the playoff? For sure we will...but the evidence above suggest we are letting some in now anyway. What will be the result of letting more of those types in the playoffs? They'll lose (get slaughtered in some cases) and be eliminated from the playoffs as they should...and just as they are now.

Obviously there is no way to know this because it is water under the bridge. But I'm of the belief that numbers 5 and 6 each of the past four years would have performed in the semi's just as well (if not better) than those # 3/4s that were selected. To be fair they may have performed worse...but it wouldn't be much worse considering some of those lopsided scores listed above. Too lazy to look up who #5 & #6s were the last four years, but that's my belief. And yes, it would have put more than one team per conference in the playoffs...which I have no problem with...even at four.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFP rankings are published, AND
1. Alabama (9-0, SEC)
2. Clemson (9-0, ACC)
3. Notre Dame (9-0, Independent)
4. Michigan (8-1, Big Ten)

No surprises, here.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I voted Mich.

The OP wrote..."ATM." ATM it is Michigan. They've got one
loss and that was by 7 to the team directly above them at their
place.

That's better than UGA losing to 2-loss LSU or OU losing to
3-loss Texas.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly chalk this up to Venables' familiarity with Mike Stoops, having work "with" him prior to Venables going to Clemson. It does not hurt to have an inside look on how the DC of the opposing team is likely to react or call a game. That and well, Clemson was playing against a Mike defense... duh.

If Bob had not been taking care of his brother, OU would most likely still have Venables and OU would be a contender every year for the CFP.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly chalk this up to Venables' familiarity with Mike Stoops, having work "with" him prior to Venables going to Clemson. It does not hurt to have an inside look on how the DC of the opposing team is likely to react or call a game. That and well, Clemson was playing against a Mike defense... duh.

If Bob had not been taking care of his brother, OU would most likely still have Venables and OU would be a contender every year for the CFP.

Uh it had a lot more to do with Bob letting recruiting slide for 5 years, especially in the trenches. We couldn’t hang with the monsters Clemson had been recruiting.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU would need a combination of losses to happen and hope Georgia doesn’t beat Alabama to get into the CFP.

Not really. They need Michigan or ND to lose.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. They need Michigan or ND to lose.
OU isn’t getting in over Alabama if they lose to Georgia.

So OU would need 2 of 3 to lose between UM, ND and Georgia.