• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan football is a fucking embarrassment

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because the two classes prior to that were in the range of the 20's. Talent is coming in, like I said it is still raw. Example A, on the the O-line we have a 5* guard from the class of 2012, Kyle Kalis, who just made his 4 career start. And there is plenty other talent working it's way up, but they are still young (some taking their redshirt this year). While we expected better than the showing the past two weeks, most pegged 2014 to be the year Michigan truley hits it's stride.

Navy, I agree that the O-line should be better but this team is devoid of athletic talent at the WR & RB position. There is zero speed anywhere and it shows. Unless Drake Harris is the second coming of Anthony Carter or Peppers plays on offense (definitely a possibility), 2014 won't be much better.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who wants to go live in Michigan? recruiting is the problem, Michigan can't get top level talent there and who can blame them

Waaa? Have you seen our last few classes? We have no problem recruiting. The problem is that our best talent is in the sophomore and freshman classes. The fact is, a very good majority of these kids shouldn't be playing and wouldn't be if we had any depth on the team.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope didn't know, don't follow it that closely, but where they rank before college and how they preform is two different things. Just saying the talent in Michigan isn't that good and it's sowing on the field.

The talent at the school is young and the youth is showing. Something like 80/120 players on our team are underclassman. In 2-3 years, we'll really be able to judge this talent. A lot of these kids had major offers from other schools and because of the depth at places like Alabama and OSU - they wouldn't be starting for a couple more years like they are on Michigan.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Navy, I agree that the O-line should be better but this team is devoid of athletic talent at the WR & RB position. There is zero speed anywhere and it shows. Unless Drake Harris is the second coming of Anthony Carter or Peppers plays on offense (definitely a possibility), 2014 won't be much better.

Well don't forget that Amarh Darboh, who was expected to be the deep threat this year, had a season ending injury before the season started. Also part of the problem is that the O-line isn't providing running lanes (a good line can make an average RB good, which Green should be primed and ready to go) and with better pass blocking Gardner will probably be able to make better reads. Not to mention Gardner will also have a year of seasoning, or Morris will be ready to go. And as we;ve seen in the NFL with Manning and Brady a great QB can make average receivers good. Not that I'm saying Gardner will turn into a Brady, but with slight improvements in all units the offense should start clicking better.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
communalmast_zps332827ad.gif

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well don't forget that Amarh Darboh, who was expected to be the deep threat this year, had a season ending injury before the season started. Also part of the problem is that the O-line isn't providing running lanes (a good line can make an average RB good, which Green should be primed and ready to go) and with better pass blocking Gardner will probably be able to make better reads. Not to mention Gardner will also have a year of seasoning, or Morris will be ready to go. And as we;ve seen in the NFL with Manning and Brady a great QB can make average receivers good. Not that I'm saying Gardner will turn into a Brady, but with slight improvements in all units the offense should start clicking better.

The interior of the line should improve by next year with experience and the addition of the incoming talent (it has to doesn't, it) but we will lose Lewan and Schofield. Braden is being groomed to replace Lewan and should be a good one but it still will be a step down. Same thing for the RT.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interior of the line should improve by next year with experience and the addition of the incoming talent (it has to doesn't, it) but we will lose Lewan and Schofield. Braden is being groomed to replace Lewan and should be a good one but it still will be a step down. Same thing for the RT.

Good point, yes there will be a drop-off at the tackles, so the question is how much? So if the drop-of isn't too big, and we know the interior will improve => the O-line as a whole will improve.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

But it started under Carr's watch.

It's both of their god damn fault. Lloyd led us to Rich Rod and then Rich Rod was Rich Rod. The fact is, Michigan is still ranked as a top 20 team and undefeated. Hoke has a TON of young talent and with youth comes errors. We're going to have extreme highs and lows this year but I think we still have a good team and one that will become great with age and added depth of a few more classes.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why all the hate for DG? Anybody notice he is surrounded by absolute 0 play-makers. His RB has a better chance of breaking another leg than a tackle. His WR's can't get open. The O-Line has more holes than Swiss cheese. So who do we blame? Well, of course it has to the only weapon we have isn't doing enough. DG is definitely struggling with decision-making but he isn't presented with very good options.

You want to put Morris in at QB? Really? If Michigan does that our offense looks remarkably similar to Michigan State's offense.

You really think Gardner has looked good? And I am not talking about just UCONN.

Hoke has never been huge in Gardner's corner. The first time D Rob went down he went with Bellomy and not Gardner. And until Bellomy blew his knee out the QB position was a competition.

If Bellomy was not out you think maybe he would have seen the field some? IMO Morris being a freshman probably has helped Gardner stay on the field.

Gardner has been inconsistent and sloppy with the football. The pick against the Irish very well could have cost UofM the game. If it takes Morris getting reps to be a wakeup call so be it. I am not advocating a QB switch but a little pressure. If the mistakes and inconsistencies don't clear up

As for playmakers....they are what they are. Hoke didn't get a huge wideout in his first two classes but did get some solid big WRs. And I would expect any scholarship receiver at Michigan to be able to make plays. I believe they have enough talent to be good.

J as a long time UofM fan you know the QBs that fell out of favor quickly. And if D Gardner doesn't get some consistency quickly he could very easily be the next Hewitt or Riesmra (sp).

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed the line play has not been as good as expected and I think Green a bigger stronger back could help UofM's ground game with Fitz more of a third down guy.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Gardner has looked good? And I am not talking about just UCONN.

Hoke has never been huge in Gardner's corner. The first time D Rob went down he went with Bellomy and not Gardner. And until Bellomy blew his knee out the QB position was a competition.

If Bellomy was not out you think maybe he would have seen the field some? IMO Morris being a freshman probably has helped Gardner stay on the field.

Gardner has been inconsistent and sloppy with the football. The pick against the Irish very well could have cost UofM the game. If it takes Morris getting reps to be a wakeup call so be it. I am not advocating a QB switch but a little pressure. If the mistakes and inconsistencies don't clear up

As for playmakers....they are what they are. Hoke didn't get a huge wideout in his first two classes but did get some solid big WRs. And I would expect any scholarship receiver at Michigan to be able to make plays. I believe they have enough talent to be good.

J as a long time UofM fan you know the QBs that fell out of favor quickly. And if D Gardner doesn't get some consistency quickly he could very easily be the next Hewitt or Riesmra (sp).

DG is definitely trying to force things and I don't think he has looked good but the offense revolves around him. My point is that defenses are making him a priority and the offense has been unable to take advantage of that. That falls on the coaches. He gets into trouble when he starts doing what he thinks is expected rather than react to what he sees on the field.

We have no other choice right now. Morris is nowhere near ready. As for Bellomy, if he doesn't flop in the Nebraska game last year, he is the QB and DG never moves from WR. You are right about him and Hoke not seeing eye to eye.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is an Ohio State fan calling Michigan an embarrassment? Why would you get pride or embarrassment from either them being good or bad?

You TEAM B1G?

Wow... I have respect for Oregon right now, but this comment shows how much of an infant you are to college football.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you 12 years old?

It's Tony the Coward. He's the most notoriously jealous OSU hater out there. Can't get over the fact that Urban left his shit school to come to a far better program. He even tries to skip on avy bets because he's a coward. It's sad because he's like in his early 50's but he acts like this. Just ignore him.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reminds me of the year OSU won it all. A lot of close games vs garbage teams. But then They would beat good teams close also. 4-0

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's both of their god damn fault. Lloyd led us to Rich Rod and then Rich Rod was Rich Rod. The fact is, Michigan is still ranked as a top 20 team and undefeated. Hoke has a TON of young talent and with youth comes errors. We're going to have extreme highs and lows this year but I think we still have a good team and one that will become great with age and added depth of a few more classes.
Hoke has been there 3 years, most of the guys should be his now. Will RR still be the excuse next year when all the guys are Hokes?

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will dot the I at Michigan.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you missed the past couple of years of recruiting? The last two classes Hoke pulled in were both top 10, including reeling in the top RB last year, and currently have commitment of one of the top 5 recuits of the 2014 class (Peppers) and is the strong lead for another (Hand).

Seems like they are having no trouble brining top level talent to Michigan, it's just still very young and raw at the moment.

Problem is you don't have that great of a coach to coach them.