• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan football is a fucking embarrassment

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the quantity that bothers me. It's the quality. It is horrible. I'm sure you have compared it to the other site. As the season approached, people came out of the woodwork and followed us there. I get better quality from those guys than from site like 247 or mgoblue.

The quality of the posts and the quantity of the posts on this Michigan forum have always been bad, before and after I've showed up. I post elsewhere for Michigan stuff just for that same reason. The fact is, here, there aren't any Michigan fans to come out of the woodwork.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quality of the posts and the quantity of the posts on this Michigan forum have always been bad, before and after I've showed up. I post elsewhere for Michigan stuff just for that same reason. The fact is, here, there aren't any Michigan fans to come out of the woodwork.

I disagree. The same group over there was here or would have made it here as the season approached. The quality of posts blow away anything else I have come across. Besides, I thought you were brought it in to improve the quantity. Absolute Failure despite having intrinsic advantages on your side. This isn't necessarily a direct attack on you but on the process that was used.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The same group over there was here or would have made it here as the season approached. The quality of posts blow away anything else I have come across. Besides, I thought you were brought it in to improve the quantity. Absolute Failure despite having intrinsic advantages on your side. This isn't necessarily a direct attack on you but on the process that was used.

As I already said, when you look back at all the posts there's basically like 4 or 5 Michigan fans posting there. Since you and Chief no longer post, it's down to like 2 other guys. I highly doubt there would have been a flood of incoming people that just "popped up" as the season started. If you have another forum, they likely would have stayed there.

The major reason there aren't a lot of Michigan fans on here is because when ESPN made the original change, the ESPN Michigan posters formed their own forum. So there's me and maybe 1 other Michigan fan from ESPN because we posted on the general forum.

With that said, I was given admin privileges on the Michigan forum because I, not to toot my own horn, was a fairly well spoken and consistent poster on the ESPN forums and since this site was created by ex-ESPN posters, I already had a rapport with a lot of the members here. When I joined, the Michigan site was dead, with only a couple of posters, and they wanted another person to post over there. And since I was a consistent poster they figured I'd be a consistent eye on the board as well as contributer. It was my goal to get more traffic but since everything went down, I'm just waiting until more people join; like I said, that may be never. Until then, I will post as I am now and wait it out.

Either way, the only difference right now is that you and Chief aren't posting there.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that you provide insight but guns-a-blazin approach was a bad idea. Compare how many threads had 50+ posts after the CBS shutdown with how many you have now. You are discounting many other posters that were involved during that time. The other site didn't have a Michigan Board until we were banned. The main point is that this sight lost eyeballs. We were able to shed some of our garbage (muzzer, iffy, jd, etc.) and thank you for that.
Regardless,the fiascos at Disney and CBS presented an opportunity to merge the two sites better posters and had that opportunity here on SH. It is a shame it never happened for whatever reason.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that you provide insight but guns-a-blazin approach was a bad idea. Compare how many threads had 50+ posts after the CBS shutdown with how many you have now. You are discounting many other posters that were involved during that time. The other site didn't have a Michigan Board until we were banned. The main point is that this sight lost eyeballs. We were able to shed some of our garbage (muzzer, iffy, jd, etc.) and thank you for that.
Regardless,the fiascos at Disney and CBS presented an opportunity to merge the two sites better posters and had that opportunity here on SH. It is a shame it never happened for whatever reason.

By "guns-a-blazin" you mean, posting a welcome letter where I explained what privileges Hammer had handed down to me? Or was it trying to get a banner in place; which I did accomplish BTW.

There are 4 total threads with more than 50 replies. One of them is mine and one of them is yours.

And in those threads, basically ALL the same people are still posting except for you and Chief. So I maintain that not much has changed. If you would like to start having Michigan discussions over there, I'm for it.

When ESPN shut down, there were no Michigan posters left. We had all been posting on another site for 2 years by that point (and still do). Nothing I could say could make them come over to a site where they aren't in full control; there is no benefit. So posters have to come from somewhere else. Clearly the CBS guys found a spot and I assume have the same comforts. Any new posters are going to have to come from SH just being one of the more popular sports forums that exist anymore. As for right now, there's probably 10 total Michigan fans that post on here somewhat regularly.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That punter panic gif is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By "guns-a-blazin" you mean, posting a welcome letter where I explained what privileges Hammer had handed down to me? Or was it trying to get a banner in place; which I did accomplish BTW.

There are 4 total threads with more than 50 replies. One of them is mine and one of them is yours.

And in those threads, basically ALL the same people are still posting except for you and Chief. So I maintain that not much has changed. If you would like to start having Michigan discussions over there, I'm for it.

When ESPN shut down, there were no Michigan posters left. We had all been posting on another site for 2 years by that point (and still do). Nothing I could say could make them come over to a site where they aren't in full control; there is no benefit. So posters have to come from somewhere else. Clearly the CBS guys found a spot and I assume have the same comforts. Any new posters are going to have to come from SH just being one of the more popular sports forums that exist anymore. As for right now, there's probably 10 total Michigan fans that post on here somewhat regularly.
Some days I wish the Bammers had formed their own bd!

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I already said, when you look back at all the posts there's basically like 4 or 5 Michigan fans posting there. Since you and Chief no longer post, it's down to like 2 other guys. I highly doubt there would have been a flood of incoming people that just "popped up" as the season started. If you have another forum, they likely would have stayed there.

The major reason there aren't a lot of Michigan fans on here is because when ESPN made the original change, the ESPN Michigan posters formed their own forum. So there's me and maybe 1 other Michigan fan from ESPN because we posted on the general forum.

With that said, I was given admin privileges on the Michigan forum because I, not to toot my own horn, was a fairly well spoken and consistent poster on the ESPN forums and since this site was created by ex-ESPN posters, I already had a rapport with a lot of the members here. When I joined, the Michigan site was dead, with only a couple of posters, and they wanted another person to post over there. And since I was a consistent poster they figured I'd be a consistent eye on the board as well as contributer. It was my goal to get more traffic but since everything went down, I'm just waiting until more people join; like I said, that may be never. Until then, I will post as I am now and wait it out.

Either way, the only difference right now is that you and Chief aren't posting there.

Keep believing that. I can assure you that those that have compared your NEW & IMPROVED board with ours does.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things could be much worse for UM football, trust me on this

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things could be much worse for UM football, trust me on this

Yeah, it is scary knowing a coaching change is imminent. Wish you guys luck. Easy for an outsider to say but it would be great to see you take a chance on Frost