• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan football is a fucking embarrassment

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't get an auto-bid, that went to Clemson. VT inexplicably got an at-large.

Even better, certainly there have been plenty of lower ranked teams. VT was ranked 11th and finished the season ranked in the top 25.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, it wasn't Michigan who stopped you? It couldn't have been the guys rushing at Miller who made him over throw a wide open guy? Or, your guys just weren't good enough to win. Either way, you got beat. You're trying to nit pick one play, again, I could go through and find some play where Michigan could have beat OSU by more and that one play wouldn't have mattered. I'm honestly just too lazy to do so - but I know they exist. The only reason you have that play in your mind is because it happened at the end of the game.

Exactly, because the closer you get to the end of the game, the less time there is for a team to recover and beat you. Overthrowing a guy in the 1st quarter is relatively inconsequential because there is a ton of game left which would be altered one way or another if the guy wasn't overthrown. However, that late in the game, the outcome is precise: Michigan has to either drive with a minute left and get a TD or get close enough to kick a FG, or they lose. HUGE difference there.

I've already said it's just sour grapes, so why are you still harping on this?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, because the closer you get to the end of the game, the less time there is for a team to recover and beat you. Overthrowing a guy in the 1st quarter is relatively inconsequential because there is a ton of game left which would be altered one way or another if the guy wasn't overthrown. However, that late in the game, the outcome is precise: Michigan has to either drive with a minute left and get a TD or get close enough to kick a FG, or they lose. HUGE difference there.

I've already said it's just sour grapes, so why are you still harping on this?

Right, and there was over a minute left and Michigan had two time outs and needed just a field goal. OSU was not in a good spot, even should they have scored there. There's also a huge difference if Michigan had scored another TD earlier on. Now we're up two scores and that drive is irrelevant.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even better, certainly there have been plenty of lower ranked teams. VT was ranked 11th and finished the season ranked in the top 25.

04 Pitt, 08 Illinois, 10 UConn and 12 Northern Illinois. I believe those are the only teams ranked lower to get a BCS invite. Certainly doesn't mean they were worse, it simply means they were ranked lower in their respective seasons. Nothing you say is going to somehow make that win a quality or relevant win. VT is the quintessential paper tiger in the NCAA, a team that has literally never accomplished a thing yet has a national relevance because of Michael Vick and playing in weak conferences. Now that Clemson, Florida State and seemingly Miami are coming back, you won't be seeing VT in a relevant bowl anymore.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and there was over a minute left and Michigan had two time outs and needed just a field goal. OSU was not in a good spot, even should they have scored there. There's also a huge difference if Michigan had scored another TD earlier on. Now we're up two scores and that drive is irrelevant.

Teams play different when they're down by more. It's foolish to think OSU would've played the same if down by an extra TD throughout the second half. What play earlier in the game do you mean where Michigan clearly had a TD opportunity that they didn't get because of their own doing are you talking about?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams play different when they're down by more. It's foolish to think OSU would've played the same if down by an extra TD throughout the second half. What play earlier in the game do you mean where Michigan clearly had a TD opportunity that they didn't get because of their own doing are you talking about?

Yeah, generally teams play worse when there's less hope of winning. It's also foolish to think OSU would have had a better shot if they were down more. And even more foolish to think that a team who had been shredding your defense all day would have had a hard time getting to the 30 yard line in 1 minute to kick a field goal.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the ACC. That VT team was incredibly bland. They got smoked vs. the only 2 teams they faced before the bowl game that were worth a damn, Clemson and Clemson again. Otherwise, they played absolutely nobody. Their resume was certainly not one that was indicative of a BCS at large, yet they got one anyhow.

Yet it was an ACC team that shut down that MAC team. Regardless how "bland" the ACC is, most team in the ACC are far better than any in the MAC or the now defunct (at least for football) WAC.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
04 Pitt, 08 Illinois, 10 UConn and 12 Northern Illinois. I believe those are the only teams ranked lower to get a BCS invite. Certainly doesn't mean they were worse, it simply means they were ranked lower in their respective seasons. Nothing you say is going to somehow make that win a quality or relevant win. VT is the quintessential paper tiger in the NCAA, a team that has literally never accomplished a thing yet has a national relevance because of Michael Vick and playing in weak conferences. Now that Clemson, Florida State and seemingly Miami are coming back, you won't be seeing VT in a relevant bowl anymore.

There's been more than that. If anything, Michigan was a worse ranked team getting an invite. And VT has been a consistently good team for a very long time. They've never taken the next step but that doesn't take away from what kind of team they played. Just because Michigan plays poorly in the rose bowl doesn't take away from a team beating us there.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, generally teams play worse when there's less hope of winning. It's also foolish to think OSU would have had a better shot if they were down more. And even more foolish to think that a team who had been shredding your defense all day would have had a hard time getting to the 30 yard line in 1 minute to kick a field goal.

So.. there was no other time that you could have had a TD and by your own error didn't get it? Gotcha.

At any rate, you're note going to disprove me and I'm not going to convince you, so enough with this conversation. You eeked by our worst team in many years at home so I'll leave you to enjoy it.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been more than that. If anything, Michigan was a worse ranked team getting an invite. And VT has been a consistently good team for a very long time. They've never taken the next step but that doesn't take away from what kind of team they played. Just because Michigan plays poorly in the rose bowl doesn't take away from a team beating us there.

Then name them.

VT has been consistently better than the poor teams in the ACC, a conference that until last year was in a constant battle with the Big East for worst BCS conference. No more, no less. They've won one game of "relevance" really ever, and that was over Cincinnati in the BCS a few years ago. Otherwise, they've been a somewhat decent team lording over horrible teams only to get embarrassed on the national stage for the last decade.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then name them.

VT has been consistently better than the poor teams in the ACC, a conference that until last year was in a constant battle with the Big East for worst BCS conference. No more, no less. They've won one game of "relevance" really ever, and that was over Cincinnati in the BCS a few years ago. Otherwise, they've been a somewhat decent team lording over horrible teams only to get embarrassed on the national stage for the last decade.

I'm too lazy to look it up but I added another in there with Michigan who barely qualified for a BCS bowl bid.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.. there was no other time that you could have had a TD and by your own error didn't get it? Gotcha.

At any rate, you're note going to disprove me and I'm not going to convince you, so enough with this conversation. You eeked by our worst team in many years at home so I'll leave you to enjoy it.

There's nothing to disprove. Michigan scored 41 points against one of the worst OSU teams in years and your team did everything they could to keep in the game and failed on the final drive that ended in an interception - because your team was one of the worst OSU teams in years. That's how I see it. It doesn't matter what your team was too bad to accomplish.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this conversation is still going. I can't believe Sox is talking about a single play from a game played 2 years ago, when you can take a single play from many games and change the outcome. In the end, the play wasn't made, the game is final and you could play "if only" all day long, but it is pointless.

It is no secret UM has to take better care of the football. They played lesser teams the last two weeks and played HORRIBLE. They had 8 turnovers -- they have fumbled punts, they have thrown pick 6's, they had fumbles returned for a TD. Basically any possible way to shoot yourself in the foot, they have. Luckily, they scraped by with 2 wins. It is also no secret that they cannot play this way in the B1G and expect to win games. Simple as that.

As much as I don't like Devin Gardner -- coming into the UConn game, only Johnny Manziel had accounted for more TDs than Gardner, so he obviously has the talent to move the offense and make plays with his legs -- he just needs to get his confidence back and his WRs need to stop tipping balls in the air, as that is what has caused many of the int's.

Lastly -- it is no secret this UM team is flawed -- they have shown though they can play quality football, as they did against ND. If that team shows up more -- UM could have a good year. If the team who played the last two weeks shows up -- it is going to be a LOOOOOOONG year.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe this conversation is still going. I can't believe Sox is talking about a single play from a game played 2 years ago, when you can take a single play from many games and change the outcome. In the end, the play wasn't made, the game is final and you could play "if only" all day long, but it is pointless.

Psst... I tried saying that twice. Perhaps you need to talk to M&B...

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psst... I tried saying that twice. Perhaps you need to talk to M&B...

Then call we all agree to the following facts:

1. In 2011, despite all your excuses, Michigan beat Ohio State

2. Michigan looked good (if not great) in games 1 and 2

3. Michigan absolutely terrible in games 3 and 4

4. Despite how bad Michigan looked in games 3 and 4, they came away with the win in both

5. If the team from fact 2 shows up in the remainder of the season, it can still be a very good season. But if the team from fact 3 shows up, let's just say it won't.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long do Michigan fans plan on making excuses for hoke?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then call we all agree to the following facts:

1. In 2011, despite all your excuses, Michigan beat Ohio State - Yup, never disputed that. You guys beat us that day and were the better team.

2. Michigan looked good (if not great) in games 1 and 2 - I'd say great.

3. Michigan absolutely terrible in games 3 and 4 - Well yeah.

4. Despite how bad Michigan looked in games 3 and 4, they came away with the win in both - Yeah they did.

5. If the team from fact 2 shows up in the remainder of the season, it can still be a very good season. But if the team from fact 3 shows up, let's just say it won't. - If Michigan from games 1 and 2 show up along with getting back Jake Ryan, you'll compete for the Rose Bowl. If Michigan from 3 and 4 show up, you may not make a bowl game.

This is actually a pretty normal conversation for us.

I actually was thinking the same thing. Sure am glad you came over from ESPN.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUvQNYDCQAEN9V4.png