• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan bit with the Alabama and OSU career ending injury bug

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WSJ article was posted already. 420 responded saying it was lies. When I asked him to post the retraction WSJ obviously would have wrote up -- he failed to produce one. When I asked him to show me the article where the players quoted in the article were misquoted -- he failed to produce one.

Feel free to fill in for him. :)

:lol:

The WSJ article even quoted the players as saying it was their choice.

You just refuse to acknowledge anything that is presented to you and then claim nobody has ever proven anything.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WSJ article was posted already. 420 responded saying it was lies. When I asked him to post the retraction WSJ obviously would have wrote up -- he failed to produce one. When I asked him to show me the article where the players quoted in the article were misquoted -- he failed to produce one.

Feel free to fill in for him. :)

Don't have to. It's your stance. Prove it. You haven't even come close. No comment on one of players I gave you who had juvenile diabetes, I see. How about Mike Marrow, the recruit from Michigan whose great grandmother, grandmother and grandfather all died during his redshirt freshman year. He requested a transfer to be closer to home. I suppose Saban ran him off though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The WSJ article even quoted the players as saying it was their choice.

You just refuse to acknowledge anything that is presented to you and then claim nobody has ever proven anything.
You mean the same article that players are quoted as saying they were pressured into taking a medical hardship, were approached by the coaching staff and asked to take medical hardship? The same article where a former LB for Alabama goes on record saying Saban is using a loop hole in the system?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have to. It's your stance. Prove it. You haven't even come close. No comment on one of players I gave you who had juvenile diabetes, I see. How about Mike Marrow, the recruit from Michigan whose great grandmother, grandmother and grandfather all died during his redshirt freshman year. He requested a transfer to be closer to home. I suppose Saban ran him off though.
Bino. Do yourself a favor and stop. A player transferring has nothing to do with anything we are talking about.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the same article that players are quoted as saying they were pressured into taking a medical hardship, were approached by the coaching staff and asked to take medical hardship? The same article where a former LB for Alabama goes on record saying Saban is using a loop hole in the system?

The 1 guy said he felt like he could play, but that the decision was his ultimately?

Here, I did a little research with some free time I had today. I can only account for 10 of the 12 mentioned, but it's not much wonder why the WSJ didn't bother quoting anyone else.

Not that it actually matters, since you don't have to give a kid a medical to kick them off the team.

1. Tyrone Prothro - Stud WR that has had about a dozen surgeries just to walk, 3 of them before taking a medical.

2. B.J. Stabler - Started his freshman and sophmore years before injuring his knee. Took a medical.

3. Jeramie Griffin - Mentioned in the article, fullback in the 2007 class. Tore his ACL and took a medical.

4. Terry Grant - Was injured in 2 straight seasons and lost for the season with a hernia before taking a medical.

5. Charles Hoke - Mentioned in the article was a TE who had constant shoulder injuries going back to highschool. Injured it again in spring training.

6. Zeke Knight - Was a starting senior LB but was found to have a heart condition. He was not given a choice.

7. Chuck Kirschman - Mentioned in the article as the only person upset about taking a medical, hurt his ankle. What wasn't mentioned in the article is that his ankle injury was a reoccuring injury that started during his senior year of Highschool. The only guy who claimed to be upset.

8. Aaron McDaniel - WR who suffered a season ending knee injury his last year.

9. Jake Jones - Legacy player who suffered multiple leg injuries that kept him off the field for 2 years. Actually transferred to South Alabama to play for his dad, but wasn't even able to play right away and I don't know if he ever did.

10. Byron Walton - Had trouble in the heat. Suffered from blackouts and extreme fatigue from a muscle condition. Was actually pissing blood after workouts after his kidneys almost shutdown.

Feel free to find the other 2 if you think there is some magic bullet here. Or just keep quoting numbers and assuming whatever you want.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11. Chris Lett- juvenile diabetes, medical redshirt, sat out a year, offered scholarship by Jones at South Alabama. Don't know if he ever played.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1 guy said he felt like he could play, but that the decision was his ultimately?

Here, I did a little research with some free time I had today. I can only account for 10 of the 12 mentioned, but it's not much wonder why the WSJ didn't bother quoting anyone else.

Not that it actually matters, since you don't have to give a kid a medical to kick them off the team.

1. Tyrone Prothro - Stud WR that has had about a dozen surgeries just to walk, 3 of them before taking a medical.

2. B.J. Stabler - Started his freshman and sophmore years before injuring his knee. Took a medical.

3. Jeramie Griffin - Mentioned in the article, fullback in the 2007 class. Tore his ACL and took a medical.

4. Terry Grant - Was injured in 2 straight seasons and lost for the season with a hernia before taking a medical.

5. Charles Hoke - Mentioned in the article was a TE who had constant shoulder injuries going back to highschool. Injured it again in spring training.

6. Zeke Knight - Was a starting senior LB but was found to have a heart condition. He was not given a choice.

7. Chuck Kirschman - Mentioned in the article as the only person upset about taking a medical, hurt his ankle. What wasn't mentioned in the article is that his ankle injury was a reoccuring injury that started during his senior year of Highschool. The only guy who claimed to be upset.

9. Jake Jones - Legacy player who suffered multiple leg injuries that kept him off the field for 2 years. Actually transferred to South Alabama to play for his dad, but wasn't even able to play right away and I don't know if he ever did.

10. Byron Walton - Had trouble in the heat. Suffered from blackouts and extreme fatigue from a muscle condition. Was actually pissing blood after workouts after his kidneys almost shutdown.

Feel free to find the other 2 if you think there is some magic bullet here. Or just keep quoting numbers and assuming whatever you want.

....Drops mike, walks from room...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So basically two legitimate medical hardship is what you are saying -- Prothro and the heart condition guy.

That would put them in the same ball park as every other team in the NCAA. It is the other 10 with pedestrian injuries.

Also, for the 10th time. How many of the 12 hardships he handed out in the 1st 4 years were guys Saban recruited?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically two legitimate medical hardship is what you are saying -- Prothro and the heart condition guy.

That would put them in the same ball park as every other team in the NCAA. It is the other 10 with pedestrian injuries.

Also, for the 10th time. How many of the 12 hardships he handed out in the 1st 4 years were guys Saban recruited?

^

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is this Mike guy he dropped?

Lol, you are arguing with the guy who has literally told you that he wouldn't care if Saban had given every player a medical hardship and started over, yet somehow he is supposed to be the delusional one.

I would give you the clinical definition for insanity, but I suspect I wouldn't be the first person to broach the subject with you...I would bet a few of them were wearing long white coats when they discussed it with you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do acknowledge two guys. Prothro and Zeke Knight.
Prothro suffered a legitimate injury. His type of injury is what the medical hardships are designed for. Knight sounds like it was unfortunate.

The thing you don't seem to get is -- you can make a laundry list of injuries for every player on every team. Injurit's happen all the time, career ending injuries do not. That is why you see NORMAL teams with one, sometimes two every couple years.

The teams using it as a loop hole to open roster spots to rid the team of players they didn't recruit is the issue. The simple fact you don't see what Saban and Meyer did blows my mind. I will give you a hint, UM isn't done with medical hardships either. Give them another year, possibly two to get out all of Brady Hoke's recruits.

If you'd like. I can give you a list of injuries for the players that medically retire, but I'm not dumb enough to argue they are legitimate. He is cleaning out the roste . Period.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, you are arguing with the guy who has literally told you that he wouldn't care if Saban had given every player a medical hardship and started over, yet somehow he is supposed to be the delusional one.

I would give you the clinical definition for insanity, but I suspect I wouldn't be the first person to broach the subject with you...I would bet a few of them were wearing long white coats when they discussed it with you.

Not caring if they are handing them out and calling them legitimate is completely different.

I don't care that he has given them out either and have said I'd be willing to bet UM does the same (and they started with giving out two this week)

It is the fastest way to clear a roster and bring in full recruiting classes with looking like a bad guy

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fify:

Saban is my puppeteer and anything he says is the truth, so yes I believe Bama suffers more career ending injuries than our entire conference combined

FIFY

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Juvenile diabetes is pedestrian? Multiple knee injuries followed by multiple surgeries(Stabler) followed by further surgery even after he took the medical is pedestrian? You're one goofy fuck.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juvenile diabetes is pedestrian? Multiple knee injuries followed by multiple surgeries(Stabler) followed by further surgery even after he took the medical is pedestrian? You're one goofy fuck.

Of course juvenile diabetes is pedestrian...kids can't drive...