• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan bit with the Alabama and OSU career ending injury bug

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And only you couldn't figure out I was clearly joking.

You weren't joking, you & your sidekick have said so much off the wall crap trying to defend Crazy Jimbo & the rest of those assholes in ann arbor. You & trustmeimright are the Beavis & Butthead of the CFB threads.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes -- medical hardships are being used by coaches as a loop hole to open up a roster spot.
This isn't a big secret. The fact Bama and OSU fans believe it is just a coincidence that Saban in 4 years gave out more medical hardships than the other 11 teams in the SEC combined is humorous.

Who are all these Bama fans you speak of? I don't know any on here that are under any sort of delusion. The only thing anybody has disputed is the numbers...which you have failed to back up multiple times, and even that most of us don't care about other the lack of truthiness. Regardless, nobody cares, your Mickey Mouse program and your Mickey Mouse coach can do whatever he wants, no skin off my nose, let me know when you guys want to pretend to be relevant again.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes -- medical hardships are being used by coaches as a loop hole to open up a roster spot. A doctor's exam is subjective, so OSU doctor's can say, a player like Dean can't play football going forward -- yet the nation's top sports doctor can look at him and say, there is nothing wrong with the knee (strengthen his quad muscles). Auburn doctors can pass him on his physical and he can start practicing with them.

This isn't a big secret. The fact Bama and OSU fans believe it is just a coincidence that Saban in 4 years gave out more medical hardships than the other 11 teams in the SEC combined is humorous. Just as it is that Meyer went one step further and handed out more than Saban (12 in 4 years) did in only his 1st 3 years at OSU (13 in 3 years) -- it is just a coincidence OSU handed out a grand total of 4 in the previous TEN YEARS.

Just a little hint. THEY WERE CLEARING PLAYERS OFF THE ROSTER THEY DIDN'T RECRUIT. You didn't suffer a horrendous string of career ending injuries. It is a loop hole. In Urban's case, he has to give out the hardships after the season ends to open up spots for the recruiting class. In Saban's case -- he signs his recruiting class and then worries about who he is going to "medically retire", transfer, flunk out, etc.

You've said this twice now. You do realize that James Andrews IS the Auburn team doctor, right? It's not like another group of doctors cleared him.

:harbaugh:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've said this twice now. You do realize that James Andrews IS the Auburn team doctor, right? It's not like another group of doctors cleared him.

:harbaugh:
I'm guessing there is more than one doctor checking these athletes for the school.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are all these Bama fans you speak of? I don't know any on here that are under any sort of delusion. The only thing anybody has disputed is the numbers...which you have failed to back up multiple times, and even that most of us don't care about other the lack of truthiness. Regardless, nobody cares, your Mickey Mouse program and your Mickey Mouse coach can do whatever he wants, no skin off my nose, let me know when you guys want to pretend to be relevant again.
420 and Bamabino. 420 wants everyone to believe Alabama players just so happened to suffer career ending injuries at a faster pace than any school in NCAA history. He brings up the "Shula years", how a new S&C coach changed everything, because that is what the puppet master wants him to believe.

Reality is -- the quickest fix for Bama was bringing in full recruiting classes and getting rid of players he didn't recruit or didn't live up to the high school ranking. Best way to do so without getting blood on his hands. Medical Hardships. Sure, they had the one or two legitimate hardships, as most teams deal with. Only a fool would think one school would have more career ending injuries than the rest of the conference combined in a 3 or 4 year span (which just so happens to be the amount of time the overwhelming majority of players they didn't recruit are on the roster)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After James "God" Andrews speaks, what matters what some mere mortal doctor says?
When it comes to evaluating knees or Tommy John surgery -- I agree. That is why most of the greatest athletes in the world go to him to get evaluated and have him perform the surgeries.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to evaluating knees or Tommy John surgery -- I agree. That is why most of the greatest athletes in the world go to him to get evaluated and have him perform the surgeries.
So we agree then, that no other doctor at Auburn (or anywhere else cleared Dean.)

:suds:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If u r cleared by Dr James Andrews -- you don't need to be cleared by anyone else. :)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you do.

No you don't.

That's why it's supposedly a big deal for schools that started offering "4 year scholarships". Which is in itself stupid.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same reason Harbaugh had minimal contact with a 3 star OL who was signed with another school, yet he pulls the scholarship from a 4 star lineman and gives it to the 3 star lineman.

And inviting someone to enroll early has nothing to do with how highly rated you have them -- some players are able to graduate early from high school, others are not. Enrolling early allows coaches flexibility as they can back date recruits if spots are available, allowing them to sign extra players in a current class.
Harbaugh can do his own thing, but it doesn't make any sense at all for Meyer to pull the plug on such a highly regarded recruit just for the hell of it. He's never done anything like that before.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, yes... Yet another thread in which Angry Weasel fans go back and forth in a smackfest with resident Bammers.

Being neither Blinded by The White (Harbaugh) or damned by unwavering allegiance to Lucifer's Vessel (Saban), I can state without bias that the Palest of the Pale (Harbaugh) has a staggering task before him. The Devil Himself dwells within Saban. No mere mortal (no matter how eye-searingly ashen he may be) will cast down Little Nicky. Still, carry that Winged Helmet south. Confront LV's minions on their own ground (or nearest "neutral site south of the Mason Dixon Line). Godspeed.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You weren't joking, you & your sidekick have said so much off the wall crap trying to defend Crazy Jimbo & the rest of those assholes in ann arbor. You & trustmeimright are the Beavis & Butthead of the CFB threads.
I'm sorry you didn't catch a clear joke.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh can do his own thing, but it doesn't make any sense at all for Meyer to pull the plug on such a highly regarded recruit just for the hell of it. He's never done anything like that before.
The same it makes no sense for Harbaugh to pull the plug on one of the highest rated OL recruits in his class to give the scholarship to a lower ranked recruit.

The recruiting sites are not the bible. It is more for the fans than anything else. It is same as the big board multiple experts put out for the NFL draft. Teams have their own recruiting staffs, so where a player is ranked by scout, rivals, 247 or whatever doesn't mean they are highly regarded by a school.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same it makes no sense for Harbaugh to pull the plug on one of the highest rated OL recruits in his class to give the scholarship to a lower ranked recruit.

The recruiting sites are not the bible. It is more for the fans than anything else. It is same as the big board multiple experts put out for the NFL draft. Teams have their own recruiting staffs, so where a player is ranked by scout, rivals, 247 or whatever doesn't mean they are highly regarded by a school.
It's also been widely thought that the OL recruit that michigan pulled the offer from had character issues that led to that decision. Dean had nothing like that. So, again, your theory has no logic whatsoever.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also been widely thought that the OL recruit that michigan pulled the offer from had character issues that led to that decision. Dean had nothing like that. So, again, your theory has no logic whatsoever.
Widely speculated by fans on this site. The only confirmed truth is he didn't attend the OL camp at UM. If you read something confirmed by the staff after he signed elsewhere -- please post it. I never saw any kind of response from the staff.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article you posted wasn't even from the WSJ dumbass. Pure speculation. Also offered the 12 medical redshirts theory yet gave zero players names.
The WSJ article was posted already. 420 responded saying it was lies. When I asked him to post the retraction WSJ obviously would have wrote up -- he failed to produce one. When I asked him to show me the article where the players quoted in the article were misquoted -- he failed to produce one.

Feel free to fill in for him. :)