• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P5 and G5 QB rankings - ESPN Insider

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosen could be taken before darnold. true. I wasn't saying he's the #1 QB taken. They are two different QBs. Rosen is pure pocket passer and wont get away from pressure Darnold is more Aaron Dodgers that can avoid and get out and throw. Just depends on what the NFL team wants. Darnolds no bust. He's been asked to mask a lot of other issues. When people do their job just adequately he shines. He can avoid pressure all he wants but if receivers arn't open or dropping passes there's not much he can do. And yeah he's made a ton of mistakes but NFL teams would rather have him than someone that doesnt have that upside.
17 turnovers in 9 games is horrible, no matter how you slice it. Yes, he has upside, and will be a first round pick. However, Fromm has #1 pick upside that I don't think Darnold has anymore.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely think he has potential, don't get me wrong. However, when you're talking about the top QBs right now, his performance hasn't backed it up. I could see him being a top pick honestly, when he's able, but he's still just managing right now instead of making big plays.

Don't think anyone would disagree with that.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal with your avy?

Me and @SlinkyRedfoot do an annual month long avatar bet on something baseball related. Used to be random things, now we've settled on Braves vs Indians, whoever has the best regular season record unless both teams make the playoffs, then it's who advances the farthest.

So for the foreseeable future, just look for me to have a gay avatar for a month around this time.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and @SlinkyRedfoot do an annual month long avatar bet on something baseball related. Used to be random things, now we've settled on Braves vs Indians, whoever has the best regular season record unless both teams make the playoffs, then it's who advances the farthest.

So for the foreseeable future, just look for me to have a gay avatar for a month around this time.
Oh that was not a wise bet on your side. I look forward to your avatars for the foreseeable future.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy-downsized-large.gif

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 turnovers in 9 games is horrible, no matter how you slice it. Yes, he has upside, and will be a first round pick. However, Fromm has #1 pick upside that I don't think Darnold has anymore.

Maybe he's just not wanting to be taken by the Browns.lol.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart kid

This article is from three days ago. Sound like 49ers might be interested. I hope he stays another year. Not just for USC but so he gets more starts under his belt. I think he needs it after how this year has gone.

Matt Miller put together his latest 2018 NFL mock draft, offering up a midway look at where things stand. Underclassmen have until January to declare for the draft, so big names in this could change. But it offers some intriguing insight.

Miller has Cleveland selecting Penn State running back Saquon Barkley with the No. 1 pick, and then San Francisco selecting USC quarterback Sam Darnold at No. 2. There has been some chatter Darnold might return to school, so any such picks will be something to watch
Hypothetically, what would the 49ers do if Cousins doesn't hit the free agent-market? Would they go after a Tyrod Taylor or Teddy Bridgewater type? It's possible, but my sources in San Francisco say the team loves Sam Darnold.
The USC redshirt sophomore has struggled at times this year with a diminished supporting cast and by putting too much pressure on himself to make plays that have led to turnovers. The talent that made him a top prospect over the summer is still there, though. Darnold's poise, football IQ, accuracy and mobility would be a perfect match for the Shanahan offense. And while Darnold's lack of arm strength might be a concern in Cleveland or Buffalo, the California kid would be right at home in Santa Clara.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal with your avy?

Sorry, Chewy, I just can't keep the charade up any longer. I have to come clean.

The truth is, there is no avi bet between us. He PM'ed me and asked if I'd help him "be himself." I was uncomfortable about being so dishonest, but Chewy and I have been friends for a long time, so I reluctantly agreed to help him.

The fact of the matter is, I had nothing to do with that avi. He's just really into peckers. Big, veiny peckers. And Chipper Jones.