• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan bit with the Alabama and OSU career ending injury bug

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is why I put Dantonio as one of the top 5 coaches. Also why I said, many great coaches have never won a national championship and may never. IMO, MSU will never win a national championship though, unless they start treating their roster like SEC schools and Urban Meyer (and now Harbaugh as well) do. (Side note -- I can't vouche for what teams in the ACC or Big 12 do, as I don't follow them closely enough)

What makes teams like Bama and OSU so good is their tremendous depth. They can lose a player and the next guy up is just as good. The reason for this is -- if a player isn't contributing, they don't stay on the team. Whether it be transfers, not renewing 5th year seniors, medical harships like never seen before, grey shirts, etc. -- no coach is better than Saban and Meyer. When you do this AND bring in a top recruiting class or in Saban's case, every year basically -- you build a dominate and really deep team.

This is why I said -- all HC's who get to the top are cut throat and shady. Not that they are bad people with no morals, but they are willing to do what it takes to put together the best team possible.
So it has nothing to do with the fact that, routinely, the top rated players in each class go to schools like OSU and Bama? Nothing at all to do with the coaching abilities of Saban and Meyer, as well as their assistants? Your statement is just ignorant.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is why I put Dantonio as one of the top 5 coaches. Also why I said, many great coaches have never won a national championship and may never. IMO, MSU will never win a national championship though, unless they start treating their roster like SEC schools and Urban Meyer (and now Harbaugh as well) do. (Side note -- I can't vouche for what teams in the ACC or Big 12 do, as I don't follow them closely enough)

What makes teams like Bama and OSU so good is their tremendous depth. They can lose a player and the next guy up is just as good. The reason for this is -- if a player isn't contributing, they don't stay on the team. Whether it be transfers, not renewing 5th year seniors, medical harships like never seen before, grey shirts, etc. -- no coach is better than Saban and Meyer. When you do this AND bring in a top recruiting class or in Saban's case, every year basically -- you build a dominate and really deep team.

This is why I said -- all HC's who get to the top are cut throat and shady. Not that they are bad people with no morals, but they are willing to do what it takes to put together the best team possible.

This was meant as a compliment, not to get you mad. I love how Saban and Meyer handle their rosters and hope wholeheartedly that Harbaugh does the same. That is how you put the best product out there. To be fair -- those aren't the only two coaches doing it, but they are the two best recruiters out there doing it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it has nothing to do with the fact that, routinely, the top rated players in each class go to schools like OSU and Bama? Nothing at all to do with the coaching abilities of Saban and Meyer, as well as their assistants? Your statement is just ignorant.
OF COURSE. How many times do I have to say Saban and Meyer are two of the best recruiters out there? My statement wasn't made to take a shot at them -- I want Harbaugh and UM to use it as a blue print on how to handle UM's roster.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listed my top 5 coaches right now and 1 and 2 were Saban and Meyer (and if I had to really rank 1-2, i'd actually put Meyer as 1 and Saban as 2)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OF COURSE. How many times do I have to say Saban and Meyer are two of the best recruiters out there? My statement wasn't made to take a shot at them -- I want Harbaugh and UM to use it as a blue print on how to handle UM's roster.
You can't try and act like you respect their coaching abilities in one breath and then say that their systematic culling of the herd is the reason for their success in the next.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was meant as a compliment, not to get you mad. I love how Saban and Meyer handle their rosters and hope wholeheartedly that Harbaugh does the same. That is how you put the best product out there. To be fair -- those aren't the only two coaches doing it, but they are the two best recruiters out there doing it.

Replying to your own posts now. 1st signs of a sociopath. Seek help.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't try and act like you respect their coaching abilities in one breath and then say that their systematic culling of the herd is the reason for their success in the next.

I don't think he was saying it was THE reason but simply A reason. And he was saying it as a compliment.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lord. Success in college takes much more than one attribute. How they handle their roster is just one of the reasons. How they recruit is another. Coaching ability is another.

You are jumping to conclusions on a single post, even though I listed my top 5 coaches and had Saban and Meyer as the first two.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he was saying it was THE reason but simply A reason. And he was saying it as a compliment.
TY. Everyone takes things so literal here. I was complimenting how they handle their rosters and I still turn into the bad guy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lord. Success in college takes much more than one attribute. How they handle their roster is just one of the reasons. How they recruit is another. Coaching ability is another.

You are jumping to conclusions on a single post, even though I listed my top 5 coaches and had Saban and Meyer as the first two.
It's a pretty backhanded compliment when you've devoted so much time disparaging it for being shady...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a pretty backhanded compliment when you've devoted so much time disparaging it for being shady...
I've said from the get. I WANT Harbaugh to not renew 5th year seniors, use medical hardships, grey shirts, transfers, etc.

This all started when others called Harbaugh shady and I agreed. What others took offense to is when I said every top coach is cut throat/shady and push the boundaries of the rules.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban doesn't cut players. And if Bama were using medical hardships like the rest of the NCAA teams, they wouldn't have given out as many in a 3 year span as the other 11 teams in the SEC COMBINED.

Remember where I said all top coaches are willing to push the boundaries of the rules. Perfect example right here. No matter how much of a Bama homer a fan is -- you know without question, there is zero chance Bama suffered 12 medical hardships, while 11 other teams in your conference suffered 13 combined in a 3 year period.

I don't know how many times I can say I don't have an issue with it either. Trying to pass it off as legitimate is my problem.

Blah blah blah.

Maybe someday you'll figure out how actual roster "manipulation" happens. Until then, you can keep on thinking 4 medical scholarships a year for a few years is how it's done and keep looking stupid.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah.

Maybe someday you'll figure out how actual roster "manipulation" happens. Until then, you can keep on thinking 4 medical scholarships a year for a few years is how it's done and keep looking stupid.
U r right. It was just a coincidence the players were guys he didn't recruit, just like it was a coincidence they named a rule after him when he kept "bumping into" recruits when he'd visit high schools.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason shit is for the birds. I'm glad baseball season is finally starting... I don't care if the Braves do suck.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U r right. It was just a coincidence the players were guys he didn't recruit, just like it was a coincidence they named a rule after him when he kept "bumping into" recruits when he'd visit high schools.

It's not a coincidence, it's a hook up at best.

12 players makes up probably less than 5% of players who have left early during the Saban years. You're just stupid.