• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan bit with the Alabama and OSU career ending injury bug

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here we sit with the kid missing another season because of injury.

And it was on the knee that had NOTHING to do with why he was declared ineligible at OSU. The knee declared unfit to play college football ever again is fine.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was on the knee that had NOTHING to do with why he was declared ineligible at OSU. The knee declared unfit to play college football ever again is fine.

We'll see if the kids ever plays a down...I'm skeptical. He's now had three serious knee injuries.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had an ACL injury and can tell you that many people injury the other knee by overcompensating to the other knee.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You (and I) have no idea what the basis for the doctors at OSU refusing to clear him. Just stop.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had an ACL injury and can tell you that many people injury the other knee by overcompensating to the other knee.

I agree. The biggest difference between most people and college athletes is the type of care and rehab programs dedicated to them they go thru.

I am also someone who completely tore up his knee once and then dislocated my kneecap on the same leg. I never had an issue with my left knee though. So while I understand it can happen, it isn't the norm.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You (and I) have no idea what the basis for the doctors at OSU refusing to clear him. Just stop.

The Cleveland newspaper article that was posted is the one who stated they couldn't clear him because of the knee he injured. And I'm guessing the top knee Doctor in the world is going to put his reputation on the line for a high school athlete, when he operates on a who's who of the greatest athletes of all time.

As I said though. I honestly don't care, and hope more B1G schools handle their recruiting and roster as the SEC does. It is the only way they will close the gap.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if the kids ever plays a down...I'm skeptical. He's now had three serious knee injuries.

It all depends on the kid. If he wants to put in the work rehabbing. I have no doubt he will be back. Knee injuries aren't what they used to be. Also depends on how serious the injury is.

I'm guessing he is going to listen to Dr Andrews and really work on strengthening his quads.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on the kid. If he wants to put in the work rehabbing. I have no doubt he will be back. Knee injuries aren't what they used to be. Also depends on how serious the injury is.

I'm guessing he is going to listen to Dr Andrews and really work on strengthening his quads.
You don't think the kid did that during the year he sat out?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cleveland newspaper article that was posted is the one who stated they couldn't clear him because of the knee he injured. And I'm guessing the top knee Doctor in the world is going to put his reputation on the line for a high school athlete, when he operates on a who's who of the greatest athletes of all time.

As I said though. I honestly don't care, and hope more B1G schools handle their recruiting and roster as the SEC does. It is the only way they will close the gap.
The "top knee doctor in the world" is also the Auburn team doctor.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "top knee doctor in the world" is also the Auburn team doctor.

While he is. It isn't like he'd put his reputation on the line for a high school recruit. He is the top doctor in his field. Athletes like Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Derek Jeter, Shaquille O'Neal, Roger Clemens, Bo Jackson, etc. etc.

I'm guessing, he isn't going to risk his reputation for a HS recruit.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think the kid did that during the year he sat out?

I have no idea. I don't know what the rules are on transfers, which I believe he was considered a transfer.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could (and did) practice and worked out with the team.

Well, now he will get to rehab with the team's medical staff.

Also -- in the home stretch on the radiation treatments -- she has one week and one day left. She has handled it like a champ, wore out and tired at night, but has done great!!

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now he will get to rehab with the team's medical staff.

Also -- in the home stretch on the radiation treatments -- she has one week and one day left. She has handled it like a champ, wore out and tired at night, but has done great!!
great news! thanks for the update.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The biggest difference between most people and college athletes is the type of care and rehab programs dedicated to them they go thru.

I am also someone who completely tore up his knee once and then dislocated my kneecap on the same leg. I never had an issue with my left knee though. So while I understand it can happen, it isn't the norm.
Actually it is. Something I learned from my ex, who is a podiatrist. I hyperextended my knee a couple years ago and noticed my other ankle/knee started having issues in the coming months. She said it's because I probably shouldn't have been walking on my hyperextended knee as soon as I was because it completely changes how you walk/jog/run on the other side. She said it's pretty common to see people report injuries/soreness in the other leg depending on the severity/type of injury suffered.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it is. Something I learned from my ex, who is a podiatrist. I hyperextended my knee a couple years ago and noticed my other ankle/knee started having issues in the coming months. She said it's because I probably shouldn't have been walking on my hyperextended knee as soon as I was because it completely changes how you walk/jog/run on the other side. She said it's pretty common to see people report injuries/soreness in the other leg depending on the severity/type of injury suffered.

The strong side will always try and compensate for the weaker side by doing more. Its kinda like the Ohio State/MI rivalry. tOSU has been doing so much more for so long to compensate for the weakness up north. :dhd:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The strong side will always try and compensate for the weaker side by doing more. Its kinda like the Ohio State/MI rivalry. tOSU has been doing so much more for so long to compensate for the weakness up north. :dhd:
Funny, but in regards to the legs, it's dead on. I still have some issues in my left ankle when I'm running sometimes, and I messed up my right knee.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth. I had a severe on the job back strain once. Probly needed 3-4 weeks of rehab. My boss called the workers comp doctor and begged him to put me back to work after 10 days. Developed tendinitis in my opposite ankle and missed another few days. it was the beginning of back trouble which eventually led to an early retirement.