• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Micah Parsons

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Eagles would be hot after a home town boy.
This is where Jerry and Stephens tactics may bite them on the ass even more than Dak. Whether you believe the club should bring back Dak or not, they have screwed it either way by A) letting it get this far and expensive or B) not having a fallback in place. Now with Micah.. That kid has shown he can get the red ass. If they wait till the last minute after they've used the tag on him, i could absolutely see him saying, "Know what... I'm going to be an UFA" and then signing with the rival Eagles. Backbreaker

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
parsons has two years to go like Chase in Cincy. I am sorry. BOTH CAN WAIT A SEASON.
Absolutely can wait a season. I'm just saying if they go the route they did with Lamb and Dak, I think Micah would walk. He loves the Eagles

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely can wait a season. I'm just saying if they go the route they did with Lamb and Dak, I think Micah would walk. He loves the Eagles
these type guys love the money and status. It's like you and me making 40k monthly and wanting 40.5k monthly to stay.

We know I like Dak but he lost me last contract when he said he had an obligation to the QB's coming behind him. BULL SHIT..this is pure agent talk and insulting to many.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these type guys love the money and status. It's like you and me making 40k monthly and wanting 40.5k monthly to stay.

We know I like Dak but he lost me last contract when he said he had an obligation to the QB's coming behind him. BULL SHIT..this is pure agent talk and insulting to many.
Yep, Dak proved that money was his number one objective by breaking it off in the Cowboys was last time. Now look where we are 3 years later....1 playoff win in 3 years, ..still $99 freaking million in cap space the next two years even if he plays 1...and now, at 31, we should give him at the minimum $55M per for 4 years while absorbing the $40M against the cap next season? So when he is 35 he will still have, what, $100M+ against the cap left? Not me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never for a second had a problem with Micah during games. If the rest of the team wanted to win as badly as him we'd have had a lot more success. Now Mondays and his podcasts and his twitter comments...yeah, makes me want to rip my eyeballs out. But then comes Sunday again and the man is just an absolute legend in the making. The stars somehow aligned for us like they only do once in a generation. This man is just special. When it is time you just back up the brinks truck and lock him up for another half decade.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never for a second had a problem with Micah during games. If the rest of the team wanted to win as badly as him we'd have had a lot more success. Now Mondays and his podcasts and his twitter comments...yeah, makes me want to rip my eyeballs out. But then comes Sunday again and the man is just an absolute legend in the making. The stars somehow aligned for us like they only do once in a generation. This man is just special. When it is time you just back up the brinks truck and lock him up for another half decade.
Micah has the potential to lead the NFL in sacks, even if he plays more linebacker. He is a damn freak as a Blitzer.

I think Micah is more dangerous if they move him around the line. Imagine Kendricks,Overshown and Parsons at LB on running downs? This defense is going to be a Superbowl defense.if they remain healthy is my prediction. They will have DLaw and Kneeland stopping the run on the edges. The new fatties will clog running lanes. I expect big things with this defense.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,580.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah has the potential to lead the NFL in sacks, even if he plays more linebacker. He is a damn freak as a Blitzer.

I think Micah is more dangerous if they move him around the line. Imagine Kendricks,Overshown and Parsons at LB on running downs? This defense is going to be a Superbowl defense.if they remain healthy is my prediction. They will have DLaw and Kneeland stopping the run on the edges. The new fatties will clog running lanes. I expect big things with this defense.
I honestly want to see him move around the defense more, & not focus on sack totals only. Think that makes the defense better & him as well. Even though everyone focuses on sack #'s.
As far as our defense. The key is the Dline. & to me that is still a question mark waiting to be seen. One thing though. I do have faith in Zimmer. Zimmer had us as a #1 defense (think it was yards) with less talent last time around.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know he grew up a Eagles hating Cowboys fan. Yes he's a fan of all other Philly teams but not the Eagles.

Now that's not saying he won't take their money.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know he grew up a Eagles hating Cowboys fan. Yes he's a fan of all other Philly teams but not the Eagles.

Now that's not saying he won't take their money.
lol...igloo sees a Penn State connection to couple with all those Georgia studs they drafted.

working on a dynasty don't you know. :lm:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ is in love with signing Dak and Lamb, Parsons is a distant 3rd on his table. he will pay Dak 50-60M a season and Lamb 35-40M leaving no room on the hard cap for Parsons
They can't sign Parsons this fall. I do think that they have to sign resign him next year, which means this will be Zack Martin's last year with the club.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ is in love with signing Dak and Lamb, Parsons is a distant 3rd on his table. he will pay Dak 50-60M a season and Lamb 35-40M leaving no room on the hard cap for Parsons
No, Parsons is absolutely #1 on his list and everyone's list. He still has this year plus the 5th year option. It's not being 3rd, it's just not his time yet. Also, unlike CeeDee and Dak, Parsons will increase the cap hit if he signs this year so they need to sign CeeDee first to clear cap space. Technically they could restructure guys like Steele and Diggs to sign Parsons but they seem to have purposely not restructured anyone this season to start clearing cap space. This will help them going forward to sign some free agents if they so choose. Also, if they sign Parsons before CeeDee it would probably piss CeeDee off since he is already playing under the tag. Parsons will be done well before preseason of next year IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't sign Parsons this fall. I do think that they have to sign resign him next year, which means this will be Zack Martin's last year with the club.
They can sign him starting this year. Lawrence, Waddle and Smith all signed from that draft

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can sign him starting this year. Lawrence, Waddle and Smith all signed from that draft
Correct, I meant they can sign him but won't sign him. Hell the Preseason is over and Lamb still isn't signed.
I think they are digging themselves a deeper hole by the day on Dak. They are going to either cave and give him what he wants, or they should let him walk. It would make less than no sense to let him get through the season just to jack the number up that much more

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, I meant they can sign him but won't sign him. Hell the Preseason is over and Lamb still isn't signed.
I think they are digging themselves a deeper hole by the day on Dak. They are going to either cave and give him what he wants, or they should let him walk. It would make less than no sense to let him get through the season just to jack the number up that much more
Totally disagree on Dak. They should play it exactly how they are. He plays for his contract this season. He might get an offer from them of more than the $55M these other guys received (QB salaries didn't really go up much this year) if he takes them to the NFC Championship game or better and he might get much less or no offer at all if he doesn't. It's time to make a decision on the next 4 years of this franchise and waiting it out will help them make the most informed decision.

disclaimer - I feel I have to say this every time. IMO It absolutely isn't all Dak's fault that they have failed in the playoffs, but he is a big part of it and even though I think he can win a SB with the right team, I don't think the Jones Boyz are capable of wining a SB with a $55M QB who isn't elite and I think resigning him just guarantees us more of the same. He gets one more chance to prove it in the playoffs as does the HC

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disagree on Dak. They should play it exactly how they are. He plays for his contract this season. He might get an offer from them of more than the $55M these other guys received (QB salaries didn't really go up much this year) if he takes them to the NFC Championship game or better and he might get much less or no offer at all if he doesn't. It's time to make a decision on the next 4 years of this franchise and waiting it out will help them make the most informed decision.

disclaimer - I feel I have to say this every time. IMO It absolutely isn't all Dak's fault that they have failed in the playoffs, but he is a big part of it and even though I think he can win a SB with the right team, I don't think the Jones Boyz are capable of wining a SB with a $55M QB who isn't elite and I think resigning him just guarantees us more of the same. He gets one more chance to prove it in the playoffs as does the HC
I don't think the playoffs have been Dak's "fault" either, though he has clearly played at a much lower level than he has during the regular season. And I think Dak is a very good QB. My only reason for not wanting to give him the $56-60M its going to take to get him signed right now is that I believe if you drafted a young QB or a lower cost vet, and spent say $45M more in cap space per year on this roster, you would have a better shot to win it all. That's basically what the Niners have done with Purdy. Mahomes and maybe 6-7 other guys I would give that type of money to, but most of those guys are 25-26, not 31.
Jarntt, the one thing you said that I will take some exception with is the part about waiting so they can make an informed decision....Brother, he is in year 10 lol. Our front office are supposed to be professionals. They have had him here for 10 years, they know it all, the good and the bad. If their plan is to sign him im fine with it, I just wish they had done it 6 months ago if that's the way they want to go. The price is going up daily.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the playoffs have been Dak's "fault" either, though he has clearly played at a much lower level than he has during the regular season. And I think Dak is a very good QB. My only reason for not wanting to give him the $56-60M its going to take to get him signed right now is that I believe if you drafted a young QB or a lower cost vet, and spent say $45M more in cap space per year on this roster, you would have a better shot to win it all. That's basically what the Niners have done with Purdy. Mahomes and maybe 6-7 other guys I would give that type of money to, but most of those guys are 25-26, not 31.
Jarntt, the one thing you said that I will take some exception with is the part about waiting so they can make an informed decision....Brother, he is in year 10 lol. Our front office are supposed to be professionals. They have had him here for 10 years, they know it all, the good and the bad. If their plan is to sign him im fine with it, I just wish they had done it 6 months ago if that's the way they want to go. The price is going up daily.
My point is he has not earned it as of yet. He gets one more chance to do so. He is certainly in that grey area right now.
The price really isn't going up much lately and relative to the overall cap it is going down. Burrow singed for $55M in 2023 and no one this year has signed for more than that. If Dak signed today it would be the same $55M that it would have been in March. If he signs next March with the Cowboys I suspect it will be for right around that amount. Perhaps a couple million more early next offseason, but that would be the same amount from a relative perspective as far as his salary as a % of the total Cap. The insurance of waiting is well worth that. What if he has a career ending injury this season?