• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odell Beckham To Be Cut Friday

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would claim him on waivers or try and sign him

Browns informed WR Odell Beckham of his release.​

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio initially reported the move, while Yahoo's Charles Robinson has since confirmed it. Since the trade deadline has come and gone, Beckham must first clear waivers even though he is a vested veteran. Florio reports that is where the tricky part comes in, as Beckham has agreed to a "revised contract that reduces the team’s obligation to pay Beckham, if he’s not claimed on waivers and becomes eligible for the balance of his salary termination pay." As Florio points out, the key for Beckham is making sure his salary does not go low enough that he actually gets claimed. Beckham wants to clear waivers and be free to choose his new home. Robinson reports the Browns "failed to receive any trade offers for Beckham," with perhaps only the Saints even considering one. Slowed by injury and intrigue during his star-crossed time in Cleveland, Beckham's initial market could be uncertain, but he will undoubtedly draw interest from a gaggle of competing teams.

Related:

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Nov 5, 2021, 1:59 AM ET

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I make a decision on which team is best for him, can someone tell me what his claim to fame is beyond that one handed catch some years ago? Thanks!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I make a decision on which team is best for him, can someone tell me what his claim to fame is beyond that one handed catch some years ago? Thanks!
The only guy to fight a net and lose?

sPiZJ8.gif

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a fit with RR from what we know about him

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are lining up of course the contractual requirement of OBJ getting a required 50-60% per game targeting on pass plays or the team pays him extra may slow down negotiations

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking heads seem to love him.....

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ should be signed by no one. The only reason a team would sign such a malcontent is because they are desperate. He doesn't appreciate he is being paid millions, he doesn't appreciate team, he doesn't appreciate his coaches or organization and he doesn't appreciate the process or being in the exclusive NFL club. He simply doesn't belong in the club, period! So leave him out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look when we talk about getting players to bring in this year we need to nip it in the bud . The smart play for the team is go with what you got for this year . Roll over the 13 mil in cap in addition to get about 50 more mil with the new contract (TV). Scout next years draft class hard . LC can be cut , BS contract will be gone and you should be able to add quality pieces .

2 yrs ago (yr one RR ). We were frugal in FA and we got JD , fuller , LT. Sweitzer and Lucas and all played well at low cost with better results

This year we pay big for the enteral groin injury ( Samuel aka EGI ) and Jackson ( I don’t know what the fuck I am doing ) and we get burned

We are frugal and we pay Leno a good salary and he actually is our best FA along with a cheap carter .

So look at those trends and learn from them

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look when we talk about getting players to bring in this year we need to nip it in the bud . The smart play for the team is go with what you got for this year . Roll over the 13 mil in cap in addition to get about 50 more mil with the new contract (TV). Scout next years draft class hard . LC can be cut , BS contract will be gone and you should be able to add quality pieces .

2 yrs ago (yr one RR ). We were frugal in FA and we got JD , fuller , LT. Sweitzer and Lucas and all played well at low cost with better results

This year we pay big for the enteral groin injury ( Samuel aka EGI ) and Jackson ( I don’t know what the fuck I am doing ) and we get burned

We are frugal and we pay Leno a good salary and he actually is our best FA along with a cheap carter .

So look at those trends and learn from them
you should @countryroads316 with all this. no-one else in the thread wants him

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pass. let him be someone else's cancer

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odell is still elite with the right team, he clearly wants to be the "guy".
He doesn't handle losing well, but behaved in Cleveland.
He still occasionally is "unguardable" one on one.
Baker missed a ton of plays with Odell, and that's the frustration