• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a DECADE on SportsHoopla - April 2013

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think back to when we first met Foot on CBS... he was so cocky.... bragged about how he dominated the fantsy leagues he was in...

I often wonder, WHAT ON EARTH DID HE DO??? What fluke took place that worked in his favor?

I wonder if he drafted one of his super deep sleepers like bagboy Kurt Warner or that WR for the Cards that went undrafted and just took over....

I see one of these "Foot like" sleepers actually paying off and rather than be rightfully proud one of these picks worked incredibly well, he made it his mantra.

If you sign up for random free leagues where 75% of the league stops checking their team by week 2, it is pretty easy to dominate.

That would be my guess.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish my leagues over the years had members as dedicated as you all! Congrats on the 10 years! Though I wasn't a "regular" here for very long I do remember Foot better than most of the members here! What a character! Whatever happened to him?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish my leagues over the years had members as dedicated as you all! Congrats on the 10 years! Though I wasn't a "regular" here for very long I do remember Foot better than most of the members here! What a character! Whatever happened to him?
We dont know.
Foot wore his heart on his sleeve.
He had all kinds of stress, projects, and ideas that he was openly sharing on this board.
Sadly, he just disappeared one day.

Ironically, Wil mentioned that MBBRL had 2 years on CBS before migrating here. Being the packrat that i am, i actually saved the CBS post where someone called Foot's claims "bat guano." That term stuck for a long while.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont know.
Foot wore his heart on his sleeve.
He had all kinds of stress, projects, and ideas that he was openly sharing on this board.
Sadly, he just disappeared one day.

Ironically, Wil mentioned that MBBRL had 2 years on CBS before migrating here. Being the packrat that i am, i actually saved the CBS post where someone called Foot's claims "bat guano." That term stuck for a long while.
Well hopefully he is still alive and kicking but if not, hopefully he's in a better place.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been around since the early CBS days and migrated over here when CBS shut down. I started posting on CBS because I enjoyed fantasy football and all the talk on the boards. Treff recommended me to the MBBRL and I have been here ever since.
Foot will always be fondly remembered by me. He was a nut but always entertaining. And when he was your next opponent it was like having a bye.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to all involved running this site, you’ve done a great job! ESPN shut down so suddenly and it was cool we had a spot to stay connected with our sports teams and fans … Hard to believe that was 10 years ago already, man ….