• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

a DECADE on SportsHoopla - April 2013

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the exact thing that was in my head as I wrote that post
I think back to when we first met Foot on CBS... he was so cocky.... bragged about how he dominated the fantsy leagues he was in...

I often wonder, WHAT ON EARTH DID HE DO??? What fluke took place that worked in his favor?

I wonder if he drafted one of his super deep sleepers like bagboy Kurt Warner or that WR for the Cards that went undrafted and just took over....

I see one of these "Foot like" sleepers actually paying off and rather than be rightfully proud one of these picks worked incredibly well, he made it his mantra.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think back to when we first met Foot on CBS... he was so cocky.... bragged about how he dominated the fantsy leagues he was in...

I often wonder, WHAT ON EARTH DID HE DO??? What fluke took place that worked in his favor?

I wonder if he drafted one of his super deep sleepers like bagboy Kurt Warner or that WR for the Cards that went undrafted and just took over....

I see one of these "Foot like" sleepers actually paying off and rather than be rightfully proud one of these picks worked incredibly well, he made it his mantra.

I’m trying to remember the crazy QB call he had way back. Was it Ben? Kaepernick? I can’t remember. Not even if his call paid off or not. I’m leaning to that it blew up in his face (maybe the beginning of his humbling)…

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to experience the founding days or the "glory days of Sir Foot", but having experienced him for just a few years here on the Hoop was enough to buy into all the stories. Quite the character.

Cheers to 10 years fellas. Always appreciative of the foundations that you masterminds molded for the rest of us barbarians seeking refuge. I miss the days when we had more of the original members in MBBRL.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to experience the founding days or the "glory days of Sir Foot", but having experienced him for just a few years here on the Hoop was enough to buy into all the stories. Quite the character.
I may have to rely on someone with a better memory (like Will, Lefty, Treff or Sam), but had it not been for Sir Foot, we not have had a MBBRL fantasy league.

Back in the day, we were just sharing our opinions on all things FF.

Some were so annoyed and wanted to call him out by forming a league with him in it!

We tease him yet we miss him.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have to rely on someone with a better memory (like Will, Lefty, Treff or Sam), but had it not been for Sir Foot, we not have had a MBBRL fantasy league.

Back in the day, we were just sharing our opinions on all things FF.

Some were so annoyed and wanted to call him out by forming a league with him in it!

We tease him yet we miss him.
There's been debate on that. I think we were all playing with the idea beforehand so it may have happened, but there's no debate that Foot and his boisterousness certainly threw the plans into overdrive and cemented the thing. I do believe the prevailing sentiment was "ok, you think your soo damned good, lets see it", and the MBBRL was born

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miles Austin and Joe Flacco love affairs were a bit extreme, but I do miss ol'Footnicks bat shit crazy prognostications.
He struck gold on CJ2K then proceeded to only want the fastest players available from then on, in an eccentric Al Davis-esque obsession

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Miles Austin and Joe Flacco love affairs were a bit extreme, but I do miss ol'Footnicks bat shit crazy prognostications.
He struck gold on CJ2K then proceeded to only want the fastest players available from then on, in an eccentric Al Davis-esque obsession
he was convinced that if CJ2K would just stop shaking his head, he'd have a huge day that day..if he started shaking his head, he's gonna have a bad day

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he was convinced that 2K yards could be consistently repeated is what made the CJ2K bromance so memorable.

As for the speed guys.... thats fine to believe in them. Just dont make them your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round picks in a redraft league. He must have honestly believed they would be sniped that early.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didnt matter which Austin he was going to be worth 6 million to FootNick

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1649335220373.png

Damn I didnt realize I had been a member for that long.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A full 2 years longer than me!
I migrated over here from the ESPN forums. I dont recall who brought it to my attention but I am glad to have found this place!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I migrated over here from the ESPN forums. I dont recall who brought it to my attention but I am glad to have found this place!
I remember those on ESPN back in the day...gave it a cursory glance or two, then determined most the posts were primarily authored by asshats..CBS had a fuckton of legitimate questions..who should i start, hows my roster, should I make this trade..just tons of stuff where we could sit for literal hours helping people out.. with minimal asshat-ery, I loved it.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember those on ESPN back in the day...gave it a cursory glance or two, then determined most the posts were primarily authored by asshats..CBS had a fuckton of legitimate questions..who should i start, hows my roster, should I make this trade..just tons of stuff where we could sit for literal hours helping people out.. with minimal asshat-ery, I loved it.
I really enjoyed some of the non-traditional pages on ESPN and the general board wasnt as cesspoolish as it turned in to near the end.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really enjoyed some of the non-traditional pages on ESPN and the general board wasnt as cesspoolish as it turned in to near the end.
After the CBS refugee status, we did look at ESPN, but it wasnt as organized or as busy. Once we found SportsHoopla, Hammerdown nearly begged us to stay. But it was an easy choice.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came over from KFFL when USA Today bought them and shut down the message boards. I posted on a couple of different places on KFFL and 2 different groups mentioned heading this way. When I checked it out, I was drawn in by Nos and the guys over at the mock draft forum and most of the Denver Broncos fans from KFFL were posting on the Bronco board here. I wandered into here with you guys and started picking your brains about my fantasy dilemmas and have been mooching off you ever since.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow i never heard of some of these boards before they shut down like ESPN and CBS? I was just looking for another place to chat about football I stumbled upon this place by happenstance.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came over from KFFL when USA Today bought them and shut down the message boards. I posted on a couple of different places on KFFL and 2 different groups mentioned heading this way. When I checked it out, I was drawn in by Nos and the guys over at the mock draft forum and most of the Denver Broncos fans from KFFL were posting on the Bronco board here. I wandered into here with you guys and started picking your brains about my fantasy dilemmas and have been mooching off you ever since.
Another KFFL cast-off here. I could give 2 fucks about fantasy football, but I'm kinda set in my ways and not the biggest fan of change. There were enough KFFL peeps here though that I decided to stick around and here I am.........some........almost 8 years later it looks like.