• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Micah Parsons

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Micah Parsons get a contract extension with Dallas Cowboys?​

Right now, there doesn’t seem to be a contract extension on the horizon for Micah Parsons. In fact, just a few days ago, the Dallas Cowboys picked his fifth-year option for 2025.
So, that means the process of a new deal could be enormously delayed. Parsons is ‘locked’ for two more seasons and Jerry Jones has no rush to start negotiations. 2024 might pass without talks and, if there’s no agreement by 2025, let’s no forget there’s still the franchise tag option.
That’s why, at least for the moment, Micah has no big leverage. On the contrary, in the case of Dak Prescott, he is just one year away of becoming an unrestricted free agent. The quarterback might be the priority impacting how Jones manages Lamb and Parsons.
Even in this scenario, Mike McCarthy believes Parsons will deliver on the field. “He’s engaged and he’ll be ready when it’s time. I have confidence in that. That interaction is going on with Mike Zimmer. I feel comfortable that he will be ready to go.”

Seems like the Cowboys are more thinking more like me at least right now. :yes:
Frankly...it will be interesting if Parsons PUSHES his to the head of the class.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mismanagement of this teams cap is getting sadder by the day
Look on the bright side. They won't need to worry about having to pay the 2023 class . Maybe Overshown ,but the rest appears to be busts.

But yeah this clown show front office is terrible with how they continue to slow walk.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a reason to sign a first rounder until after year 4 unless a good deal for both sides Because you have the tag in your back pocket. CeeDee on the other hand should have been signed a few months ago. this team seems to change philosophies as the wind blows
That point you made about a good deal for both sides is the key. Take Osa for example. I think he played at a very high level last year and the word is out on how good he is. I think under Zimmer he is about to be a star. I think they could sign him to a 5 year extension that would be a huge raise, but not top DT in the game money. That would be a good deal for the Cowboys, because after another year, the cost is likely to go through the roof. But Jerry will wait till he either has to overpay Osa, costing us a ton more cap space, or just let him walk because they can't afford him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That point you made about a good deal for both sides is the key. Take Osa for example. I think he played at a very high level last year and the word is out on how good he is. I think under Zimmer he is about to be a star. I think they could sign him to a 5 year extension that would be a huge raise, but not top DT in the game money. That would be a good deal for the Cowboys, because after another year, the cost is likely to go through the roof. But Jerry will wait till he either has to overpay Osa, costing us a ton more cap space, or just let him walk because they can't afford him
2023 week 1 and 2 OSA 3 sacks. The next 15 games plus playoffs zero
2021 the first month Osa 2 sacks. the next 12 games and playoffs zero
2022 was more spread out but of his 27 solo tackles for the year 6 were in a meaningless week 17 game.

I really like Osa but he has a long way to go. He is pretty good against both the run and the pass but not really good against either. In an ideal world he is in a rotation with a dominant DT. He is our best 3 tech by a lot but it’s not like anyone else is very good.

i would have no problem extending Odighizuwa but not for big dollars and not for anywhere near “top DT in the game money”. Not even for half what the top guy makes.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2022 was more spread out but of his 27 solo tackles for the year 6 were in a meaningless week 17 game.

I really like Osa but he has a long way to go. He is pretty good against both the run and the pass but not really good against either. In an ideal world he is in a rotation with a dominant DT. He is our best 3 tech by a lot but it’s not like anyone else is very good.

i would have no problem extending Odighizuwa but not for big dollars and not for anywhere near “top DT in the game money”. Not even for half what the top guy makes.
Exactly my point. We could extend him right now at what will look like a fantastic deal for the Cowboys this time next year. We both think he is a Heck of a player, lets not way till he wants Aaron Donald money someday

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The process of a new deal could be enormously delayed. Parsons is ‘locked’ for two more seasons and Jerry Jones has no rush to start negotiations. 2024 might pass without talks and, if there’s no agreement by 2025, let’s not forget there’s still the franchise tag option. Jerry has no choice but to slow play Parsons.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Kneeland would be a great 3tech if they decide they don't want to pay Osa or if Osa gets dinged up this season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys hybrid DE Micah Parsons said he and DC Mike Zimmer haven’t spoken directly too much. “Honestly, me and Zimm have probably said a total of 20 words to each other. He’s a very quiet person. All I keep hearing from the coaches is, ‘Zimm likes it this way.’ I was like, ‘Well, I like it this way.’ So, I can’t wait to have my true sitdown with him.“I think it will be pretty cool because obviously old-school mindset, old-school mentality. I think he’s had a lot of great players, but he ain’t ever have a Micah before. It will be fun, and I think it’s going to be unique.“There’s a lot of similarities on things to how he uses me to how Dan (Quinn) used me in the system, but he has more twists and turns of how he’s going to set things up. Also, there are some things that I’ve got to get used to, too. It’s going to be a compromisable relationship. There’s going to be things he’s like, ‘I’m not going to give on. I don’t give on.’ That’s part of the regime, you know?”

Off to a fantastic start :doh:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys hybrid DE Micah Parsons said he and DC Mike Zimmer haven’t spoken directly too much. “Honestly, me and Zimm have probably said a total of 20 words to each other. He’s a very quiet person. All I keep hearing from the coaches is, ‘Zimm likes it this way.’ I was like, ‘Well, I like it this way.’ So, I can’t wait to have my true sitdown with him.“I think it will be pretty cool because obviously old-school mindset, old-school mentality. I think he’s had a lot of great players, but he ain’t ever have a Micah before. It will be fun, and I think it’s going to be unique.“There’s a lot of similarities on things to how he uses me to how Dan (Quinn) used me in the system, but he has more twists and turns of how he’s going to set things up. Also, there are some things that I’ve got to get used to, too. It’s going to be a compromisable relationship. There’s going to be things he’s like, ‘I’m not going to give on. I don’t give on.’ That’s part of the regime, you know?”

:tsk:
If I wasnt a Cowboys fan. This would be funny as fuck to watch. When was the last time Zimmer said. Oh golly gee the player refused to do it my way so I'll cave.
There is zero chance Parsons gets a new deal this year.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Micah Parsons get a contract extension with Dallas Cowboys?​

Right now, there doesn’t seem to be a contract extension on the horizon for Micah Parsons. In fact, just a few days ago, the Dallas Cowboys picked his fifth-year option for 2025.
So, that means the process of a new deal could be enormously delayed. Parsons is ‘locked’ for two more seasons and Jerry Jones has no rush to start negotiations. 2024 might pass without talks and, if there’s no agreement by 2025, let’s no forget there’s still the franchise tag option.
That’s why, at least for the moment, Micah has no big leverage. On the contrary, in the case of Dak Prescott, he is just one year away of becoming an unrestricted free agent. The quarterback might be the priority impacting how Jones manages Lamb and Parsons.
Even in this scenario, Mike McCarthy believes Parsons will deliver on the field. “He’s engaged and he’ll be ready when it’s time. I have confidence in that. That interaction is going on with Mike Zimmer. I feel comfortable that he will be ready to go.”

Seems like the Cowboys are more thinking more like me at least right now. :yes:
Yeah. Like I said, he has a ways to go before being highest paid.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah ,not the smartest thing for Micah to say.

But I do think Zimm has already watched a ton of film and has a plan on how he will use his new players. He never had a Micah before. He never had two all pro corners before. The nice thing is he will play 3 linebackers. Zimmer will fix the run defense is my prediction.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ,not the smartest thing for Micah to say.

But I do think Zimm has already watched a ton of film and has a plan on how he will use his new players. He never had a Micah before. He never had two all pro corners before. The nice thing is he will play 3 linebackers. Zimmer will fix the run defense is my prediction.
Zim is hard but he is a player's coach. I guarantee you he knows Micah is a HOF talent and has plans to structure this unit around Micah's talent. Zim's players lobe him. He will sit down with Micah and make him his biggest advocate before it's over. Have to remember, Micahs DC has been Dan Quinn who had a completely different style than Zim. It'll take a minute but Zim will make Micah even better than he is now