• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Micah Parsons

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you sign him now it normally doesn't effect his current contract, yes it will change is option year but 2024/25 won't change as it's his true contract. Of course we can wait until 2026 and then pay him 2 kings ramsons.

As I said IF we're going to resign him pay him now, if the intention is to let him walk or at least test FA Market then wait.

Remember how we waited with Dak? How'd that work out?
Yep we waited on dak. How did that work out? Well we got to the playoffs last year. Way to go Idaho!

I would like to see what Zim can do with the kid. Maybe he would be worth 2 x a kings ransome.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep we waited on dak. How did that work out? Well we got to the playoffs last year. Way to go Idaho!

I would like to see what Zim can do with the kid. Maybe he would be worth 2 x a kings ransome.
By waiting his annual salary jumped tenfold.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Just like zeke?

I am not against breaking the bank for a guy when the contract is up. Why have contracts?
the whole signing people earlier is always smart is very flawed. You end up signing a bunch of guys you regret instead of signing guys you are more certain that you want even though perhaps for more money. I’d much rather overpay for a guy I want than a guy I don’t. Dak is a perfect example. I’d rather have him earn his contract this year and pay him a few million more per year. $52M per, $55M per, What’s the difference. I’d rather take the chance and perhaps save $200M plus. Plus the cap goes up over time so signing guys later on pushes money more into outer years. heck if his contract allowed it I’d let him play out this year and then tag him next year unless he plays much better in the postseason.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole signing people earlier is always smart is very flawed. You end up signing a bunch of guys you regret instead of signing guys you are more certain that you want even though perhaps for more money. I’d much rather overpay for a guy I want than a guy I don’t. Dak is a perfect example. I’d rather have him earn his contract this year and pay him a few million more per year.
Steve Carell GIF - Steve Carell Office GIFs

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose salary jumped tenfold by waiting?
Daks, tenfold might be an exaggeration but I said it to press a point. If the player is in your long term plan, don't wait to get him under contract.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daks, tenfold might be an exaggeration but I said it to press a point. If the player is in your long term plan, don't wait to get him under contract.
Because it takes two sides to agree on a deal and I'm not sure it's crystal clear that a guy is in your long term plans at HIS number, even if he is at the team's number. Not a chance in Hell I'd give Dak over $50M per year right now. Maybe if he goes through a post season without that deer in the headlights look I would. The dumbest thing they could do is extend him right now. How would that make any sense at all? Let's see him earn it and prove he is the guy to put the team on his back in the playoffs because that's the difference between being able to fit in a $50M/year deal and a $40M deal under your cap. Fans are crying about the holes on this team. Wait to see what they are in 3 years if Dak is extended and still isn't elite come playoff time, so he needs to be able to do more with less or it's poor team construction and that means show up in January and earn your money. If he does, I'll be the first to stand behind them on re-signing him.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it takes two sides to agree on a deal and I'm not sure it's crystal clear that a guy is in your long term plans at HIS number, even if he is at the team's number. Not a chance in Hell I'd give Dak over $50M per year right now. Maybe if he goes through a post season without that deer in the headlights look I would. The dumbest thing they could do is extend him right now. How would that make any sense at all? Let's see him earn it and prove he is the guy to put the team on his back in the playoffs because that's the difference between being able to fit in a $50M/year deal and a $40M deal under your cap. Fans are crying about the holes on this team. Wait to see what they are in 3 years if Dak is extended and still isn't elite come playoff time, so he needs to be able to do more with less or it's poor team construction and that means show up in January and earn your money. If he does, I'll be the first to stand behind them on re-signing him.
I wouldn't extend Dak for 50M either, I was referring to Dak's 2nd contract.

As for signing a guy early if he's in the long term plan, I'm talking about Micah.

Personally I believe this is Daks final year in Dallas, and with the $$$$ he'll demand, I agree it's time to move on.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't extend Dak for 50M either, I was referring to Dak's 2nd contract.

As for signing a guy early if he's in the long term plan, I'm talking about Micah.

Personally I believe this is Daks final year in Dallas, and with the $$$$ he'll demand, I agree it's time to move on.
I completely disagree. Sure it is possible to save a few bucks signing early but much more risky.
Everyone wanted us to sign Dak to a long term deal before the eagles did theirs with Wentz. We didnt. Everyone bitched how much more we paid, but realistically we didnt.
Wentz got signed 1st pushing the # up. We played out Daks rookie (cheap as fuck contract) & then he bet on himself the following year.
Wentz was gone eating a ton of money & cap from the eagles before we even signed Dak long term. When you add in his 2 years of cheaper #'s to his contract. We didn't overpay. But no one looks at that. How convenient. One thing you can say about Dak is he plays out his contracts. He doesnt do the bitch move I am gonna hold out even though I am under contract. He honored everything he signed. Furthermore, if you guys had your wish of signing him early because you planned on him be here long term. Means we would have to have him under another contract already. Since we would have signed him 2 years earlier. So you see if you plan on a player being here actual long term. It is more expensive to sign them early. No matter what the avg. per year says. because you will be resigning them early on the next contract as well & sign more of these expensive ass deals. The way it has played out with Dak is actually perfect. If we decide to move on. We can. If he decides to move on. He can. but he completed his contract. I'll leave the who's fault it is for playoffs for a different post/thread.
Talking long term with Micah or any player, especially on a rookie deal. Huge mistake to resign them with multiple years left. If they want to hold out with multiple year left on their deal (no matter which deal they are on) I am against that player. Also again see if they plan on Micah being here say 10 years. You dont resign him this year even if it saves on avg per year. For this contract. It will be more costly in the long run. If a player has one year left on a contract & wants to play the hard ball game. Alright I'll listen. (if they are one of those quality players) but multiple years left. We can talk (maybe) but wont be listening if you go the hold out route. This is about more than just how good a player is.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole signing people earlier is always smart is very flawed. You end up signing a bunch of guys you regret instead of signing guys you are more certain that you want even though perhaps for more money. I’d much rather overpay for a guy I want than a guy I don’t. Dak is a perfect example. I’d rather have him earn his contract this year and pay him a few million more per year. $52M per, $55M per, What’s the difference. I’d rather take the chance and perhaps save $200M plus. Plus the cap goes up over time so signing guys later on pushes money more into outer years. heck if his contract allowed it I’d let him play out this year and then tag him next year unless he plays much better in the postseason.
52 to 55 may not be a difference to you. but if it was me, it would. And may be that to a player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
52 to 55 may not be a difference to you. but if it was me, it would. And may be that to a player.
I don't mean to the player, I mean to the team as in as it effects the cap situation

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Micah on his rookie deal? Let him play it out and then pay the man. You are gonna break the bank for him, why do it early? Save a few?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Micah on his rookie deal? Let him play it out and then pay the man. You are gonna break the bank for him, why do it early? Save a few?
Never a reason to sign a first rounder until after year 4 unless a good deal for both sides Because you have the tag in your back pocket. CeeDee on the other hand should have been signed a few months ago. this team seems to change philosophies as the wind blows

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back to Micah. Unlike CeeDee and Dak who will save a ton of cap space in the current year by signing, Micah will actually be a big cap hit if he signs because unlike CeeDee and Dak, there is no salary to reduce and 1/5 of his signing bonus is going to be more than his base salary. So Micah can't really be signed before one of either Dak or CeeDee due to the cap implications. They could probably restructure Diggs and maybe get him done, but they seem to smartly want to get some of these cap hits off the books - for what, I have no idea. If I thought for a second they were having money problems I would say that would be an explanation for how they are playing things, but I don't think anyone imagines that is the case.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back to Micah. Unlike CeeDee and Dak who will save a ton of cap space in the current year by signing, Micah will actually be a big cap hit if he signs because unlike CeeDee and Dak, there is no salary to reduce and 1/5 of his signing bonus is going to be more than his base salary. So Micah can't really be signed before one of either Dak or CeeDee due to the cap implications. They could probably restructure Diggs and maybe get him done, but they seem to smartly want to get some of these cap hits off the books - for what, I have no idea. If I thought for a second they were having money problems I would say that would be an explanation for how they are playing things, but I don't think anyone imagines that is the case.
The Cowboys make more money than any team in the NFL and its not close. Jerry and Stephen aren't fooling anyone

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will Micah Parsons get a contract extension with Dallas Cowboys?​

Right now, there doesn’t seem to be a contract extension on the horizon for Micah Parsons. In fact, just a few days ago, the Dallas Cowboys picked his fifth-year option for 2025.
So, that means the process of a new deal could be enormously delayed. Parsons is ‘locked’ for two more seasons and Jerry Jones has no rush to start negotiations. 2024 might pass without talks and, if there’s no agreement by 2025, let’s no forget there’s still the franchise tag option.
That’s why, at least for the moment, Micah has no big leverage. On the contrary, in the case of Dak Prescott, he is just one year away of becoming an unrestricted free agent. The quarterback might be the priority impacting how Jones manages Lamb and Parsons.
Even in this scenario, Mike McCarthy believes Parsons will deliver on the field. “He’s engaged and he’ll be ready when it’s time. I have confidence in that. That interaction is going on with Mike Zimmer. I feel comfortable that he will be ready to go.”

Seems like the Cowboys are more thinking more like me at least right now. :yes: