• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Indiana Pacers Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
INDIANA PACERS
TV: Sun Sports (Eric Reid, Tony Fiorentino, Jason Jackson) Radio: FM 104.3/AM 790 & The HEAT Radio Network (Mike Inglis) Spanish Radio: WAQI 710AM (José Pañeda)
Series Notes: The HEAT and Pacers meet for the first of four match-ups this season. Last season, Indiana won the season-series, 2-1. The HEAT is 38-53 all-time versus the Pacers in the regular season, including 9-37 in games played in Indiana and 29-16 in games played in Miami.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ staying true to his diva form asked about his thoughts on the upcoming Pacers game: “ I don’t really get to involved in all the hype about so called “marquee” games, especially this early in the season when games don’t matter much”

Great attitude from your so called team leader and best player.NOT

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he say wrong? I'm sorry a game on December 10th is not a marquee/must win game unless your team is struggling big time as the Nets and Knicks are.

He would have looked like an ass if as a 2 time defending champ, he said yeah this is a must win game for us. The only must win games we play happen in May and June

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You play to win the game. Every game is a must win. If it is not, do like D-Wade and sit out the game like a little bitch.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Lebron say he is playing to lose the game? All he said was that this game is not a big deal because it is so early in the season. Not once did he say that he is playing to lose on tuesday night

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Lebron say he is playing to lose the game? All he said was that this game is not a big deal because it is so early in the season. Not once did he say that he is playing to lose on tuesday night

When you talk in that manner and approach the game as he and Wade has many times this season, and throughout their time on this team together - Saying such a thing is almost like saying they are playing to lose.

You will never understand. You are one of the typical Miami sports fans, whether you live here or not, that thinks thes big name players are gods, can do no wrong, can’t say nothing wrong and get offended when someone is critical of them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you talk in that manner and approach the game as he and Wade has many times this season, and throughout their time on this team together - Saying such a thing is almost like saying they are playing to lose.

You will never understand. You are one of the typical Miami sports fans, whether you live here or not, that thinks thes big name players are gods, can do no wrong, can’t say nothing wrong and get offended when someone is critical of them.

I think there is nothing wrong with him saying that in an interview.
I would bet that the talk in private or in the locker room is very different.

I agree they should mentally try to prepare to play the game like it is important, but the reality is, win or lose, unless it is the game that determines HC, the result means nothing in the long run.

Peaking in December is the path to failure.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is nothing wrong with him saying that in an interview.
I would bet that the talk in private or in the locker room is very different.

I agree they should mentally try to prepare to play the game like it is important, but the reality is, win or lose, unless it is the game that determines HC, the result means nothing in the long run.

Peaking in December is the path to failure.

That it may very well be, when all is said an done for the regular season.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron said nothing wrong..Just once again Paolo shows what a tool he is..Does he want to wint his game and make a statement? I guarantee he does and the Heat will play it like so, but it isnt a must win game. Its December...

BK whats with your avatar? lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron said nothing wrong..Just once again Paolo shows what a tool he is..Does he want to wint his game and make a statement? I guarantee he does and the Heat will play it like so, but it isnt a must win game. Its December...

BK whats with your avatar? lol

Av bet with a Pacers fan. I said they would go 2-3 on the roadtrip and they ended up going 3-2 so this is my avatar for the next 2 weeks unfortunately.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Beasley is a go for this one

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized this is a short week for us as we only play tmr and Saturday. That means we should have some practices to improve.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized this is a short week for us as we only play tmr and Saturday. That means we should have some practices to improve.

And a lot of rest for Wade’s bitch ass to have no excuse to miss a game this week crying about his “knee”

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a lot of rest for Wade’s bitch ass to have no excuse to miss a game this week crying about his “knee”

13-2 with Wade.....3-3 without Wade.

Take Wade off this team and this team wouldn't have made the finals in any of the last 3 seasons. The regular season is not more important than the regular season. The Heat will finish with between 59-65 wins and be a top 2 seed in the East and in prime position to 3peat with a healthier Wade than we had in our previous 2 title runs.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-2 with Wade.....3-3 without Wade.

Take Wade off this team and this team wouldn't have made the finals in any of the last 3 seasons. The regular season is not more important than the regular season. The Heat will finish with between 59-65 wins and be a top 2 seed in the East and in prime position to 3peat with a healthier Wade than we had in our previous 2 title runs.

He was the difference against us last year down the stretch. Well, that and a nifty 3/4 trap that poor George Hill could not negotiate.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries happen at any time as we have seen with Derrick Rose, so there is no assurance that Wade sitting out all these games like a little bitch will decrease his chances of injury/major injury later in the season/postseason… It is a good excuse for people to want to use to back him up, but it still doesnt assure him of anything.
3-3 without Wade.

3-3 is mediocre at best. Mediocrity is not something to be okay with under any circumstances.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh perfect timing by espn.com titled "D-Wade's frequent rest stops all in the plan"

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- The Miami Heat got good news Sunday night and it had nothing to do with snapping the upstart Detroit Pistons' four-game win streak.

It was that Dwyane Wade felt no ill effects from banging knees with the Minnesota Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin Saturday night. During the Finals last season, a similar play with Manu Ginobili forced Wade's knee to swell up and it needed to be drained so he could play in Game 7.

“It’s OK,” Wade said. “Thank God.”

There will be intriguing and high-intensity moments along the way for the Heat in the regular season -- Tuesday’s game at the Indiana Pacers perhaps being one of them -- but nothing trumps the management of Wade’s knees. Having Wade reasonably healthy is perhaps the most important part of the first 82 games. It’s a principle the Heat consider every day.

So that Wade sat out his sixth game of the season to rest his knees Sunday was equally worthy of monitoring as the Heat avenging their loss to Detroit last Tuesday by winning 110-95.

“Everybody is on the same page about it, he’s going to get better quicker as the season goes on,” Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. “We want to be judicious early on so that he keeps making forward steps.”

After Wade was forced to miss two games last month after he tried playing in a back-to-back, the Heat have decided he just simply won’t do it for awhile, if they clear him at all this season. Wade sat out two losses last week when he knee started bothering him -- he also got sick -- and there wasn’t even a back-to-back involved. There are no back-to-backs in the postseason.

Wade is essentially still recovering from the wear and tear of last season. As he attempts to manage the chronic tendinitis that has limited him over the last few years, he got a shockwave procedure over the summer that is still taking effect. He’s been told the treatment takes about six months to truly start to work and Wade had it about five months ago.

“For me I’m looking for this next month, month and a half, they told me that the pain is supposedly to lessen,” Wade said. “Hopefully it gets to that point and it can be more consistent.”

When Wade has played, he’s looked healthy. He’s averaging 18.5 points, shooting 53 percent and has been an excellent distributor as Spoelstra has put him in lineups often without James. More important, he’s moved, jumped and generally looked much more spry than during the playoffs last season.

The following day, or two days, however, often are tough. That is what Wade and the Heat are thinking about when they shut him down, the hope being that once the play-every-other-day playoff schedules arrive, he’ll be ready.

“That is the plan they have set and I’m trying to stick to it,” Wade said. “They have the big picture in mind, they don’t want any setbacks.”