• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dark-Horses that will have improved chances

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See how well this goes over. You could have entire teams having to pull out if covid hits them. I don't see this running to completion.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See how well this goes over. You could have entire teams having to pull out if covid hits them. I don't see this running to completion.

Plus I guarantee you none of those stars want to be stuck in a Central Florida bubble during summer time...I could see a lot of players not going just based on that..Not sure why they didn't do it Vegas or something...

What if a star gets covid during the playoffs? How does that work lol...Do they all just wait or would they play a series without say Lebron...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus I guarantee you none of those stars want to be stuck in a Central Florida bubble during summer time...I could see a lot of players not going just based on that..Not sure why they didn't do it Vegas or something...

What if a star gets covid during the playoffs? How does that work lol...Do they all just wait or would they play a series without say Lebron...

How do you pick someone up to keep your roster filled if you get hit with injuries? This has zero chance of success. If NBA players want to do something competitive then let it happen. But trying to do some short season has disaster written all over it. Watching them all play skins golf in some ridiculously large bracket would probably be more entertaining and safer for them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was listening to the radio on the way home and the host had Dave McMenamin on.

He seemed to think that younger teams had the advantage- and that even though older guys have more experience, that younger guys should be able to get in shape quicker, and get into playing form quicker- and that its just easier for a 25 year old to get into rhythm then for a 34 year to get into a rhythm.

He said that out of all the teams that this would likely help the Bucks the most- and hurt the Lakers the most. He still thought the Lakers will have a very good chance to make a run though.

He also said that teams that have had continuity and little turnover should also benefit.

His "darkhorse" was Toronto since they are deep, well coached, have some continuity, and a nice mix of good young athletes and veterans that know what they are doing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Central Florida is the worst during the summer- its a big humid swamp with nothing to do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you pick someone up to keep your roster filled if you get hit with injuries? This has zero chance of success. If NBA players want to do something competitive then let it happen. But trying to do some short season has disaster written all over it. Watching them all play skins golf in some ridiculously large bracket would probably be more entertaining and safer for them.
i think that the sports leagues will completely unravel. The NBA might be able to finish since they are in the bubble and only playing 8 games before the "post-season" starts- but its hard for me to envision that NFL or MLB or college football being able to get through this with a full season.

the virus is just exploding right now. Its so easy to spread. Guys are already opting out. Football you have 100+ people in a locker room and in constant physical contact.

I am glad they are giving it a good shot, and i hope they are able to get things going and keep them going but i think there is just so much playing against it.

the fact of the matter is that if money was not the overriding major consideration that it is- that college football and all college sports for that matter, would already be cancelled.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was listening to the radio on the way home and the host had Dave McMenamin on.

He seemed to think that younger teams had the advantage- and that even though older guys have more experience, that younger guys should be able to get in shape quicker, and get into playing form quicker- and that its just easier for a 25 year old to get into rhythm then for a 34 year to get into a rhythm.

He said that out of all the teams that this would likely help the Bucks the most- and hurt the Lakers the most. He still thought the Lakers will have a very good chance to make a run though.

He also said that teams that have had continuity and little turnover should also benefit.

His "darkhorse" was Toronto since they are deep, well coached, have some continuity, and a nice mix of good young athletes and veterans that know what they are doing.

I'd be worried about the older guys with injuries. I'm sure things are going to feel tight physically for a lot of them with the layoff and now jump right into playoff paced basketball? Hopefully they've been smart and aggressive with their workouts but we're already way past when the season should have ended. You hit the wrong side of 30 and you really start to see how your body can only give you so much. Early 20's you can just play yourself into shape.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think that the sports leagues will completely unravel. The NBA might be able to finish since they are in the bubble and only playing 8 games before the "post-season" starts- but its hard for me to envision that NFL or MLB or college football being able to get through this with a full season.

the virus is just exploding right now. Its so easy to spread. Guys are already opting out. Football you have 100+ people in a locker room and in constant physical contact.

I am glad they are giving it a good shot, and i hope they are able to get things going and keep them going but i think there is just so much playing against it.

the fact of the matter is that if money was not the overriding major consideration that it is- that college football and all college sports for that matter, would already be cancelled.

We'll see how the NFL handles it. I can see forfeits because a team comes down with COVID. It's just too physical and there's so many people that are involved with a football team. They should all just call it a loss and start thinking about recovery in 2021. We fucked this shit up and it's beyond repair now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be worried about the older guys with injuries. I'm sure things are going to feel tight physically for a lot of them with the layoff and now jump right into playoff paced basketball? Hopefully they've been smart and aggressive with their workouts but we're already way past when the season should have ended. You hit the wrong side of 30 and you really start to see how your body can only give you so much. Early 20's you can just play yourself into shape.
thats a good point. He actually mentioned that too--- that back in the strike shortened season they saw a significant increase in injuries, especially Achilles injuries, due to the layoff and ramping up quickly.

this layoff has/will be actually longer than a whole entire regular season layoff---- and during a regular season summer, guys often are playing international basketball or summer league, or doing something.

During this layoff it has been impossible to run any kind of real scrimmage while working with other players.

the basketball is going to be very sloppy to start, and guys are going to get winded quickly.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a good point. He actually mentioned that too--- that back in the strike shortened season they saw a significant increase in injuries, especially Achilles injuries, due to the layoff and ramping up quickly.

this layoff has/will be actually longer than a whole entire regular season layoff---- and during a regular season summer, guys often are playing international basketball or summer league, or doing something.

During this layoff it has been impossible to run any kind of real scrimmage while working with other players.

the basketball is going to be very sloppy to start, and guys are going to get winded quickly.

They need to play around with it more. Like 5 fouls/40 minute games or something to lessen the load.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how the NFL handles it. I can see forfeits because a team comes down with COVID. It's just too physical and there's so many people that are involved with a football team. They should all just call it a loss and start thinking about recovery in 2021. We fucked this shit up and it's beyond repair now.
unfortunately i think so too. After the shutdown they should have done a federal mandated mask protocol, and had a huge contact tracing program--- instead everyone opened up to early, and now its much to prevalent to institute any kind of contact tracing system that would even have a chance at working. We are what? mid-March, April, May, June, Mid-July- so - we have only been going through this for 4 months and are at 132,000 dead.

A vaccine is still a ways off. Even after it is developed (if it can be - which it looks like it can which is a huge relief), itll still take a long time to produce and administer all of the vaccines- and we both know there will be plenty of crazy people thinking that Bill Gates is injecting a microchip tracker into them to see there every movement. Why Bill Gates gives a shit about someone going to their job at Arby's ill never know.

I will be so pissed if the NFL season is disturbed because i am really looking forward to seeing the Browns this year now that they have made some serious upgrades, but i fear that we wont see the end of the season.

IT would be so Cleveland for the Browns to finally be good and have this shit happen. So pumped to see Jedrick Wills at LT and Conklin at RT after the garbage the Browns ran out last year--- to have Beckham and Landry healthy after both played hurt all of last year- to have a top 10 tight end, if not top 5 in Austin Hooper- instead of the trash they ran out last year etc.- and of course a full year of the most dynamic backfield in the NFL- Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt. Not to mention getting rid of the bumbling idiot Kitchens. Baker has more weapons than anyone in the league and is primed.

WR: Beckham, Landry, Higgins
RB: Chubb, Hunt
TE: Hooper, Njoku (maybe)

and an offensive line with Bitonio who is a stud, Tretter who is solidly above average, Conklin who is a very good lineman, and Wills who many had as the best in the draft.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict a lot of Thunder at Disney World

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think thats true nowadays.

Plus- you have to think of this---- season ticket holders. Nowadays the Clips have a shitload of season ticket holders. The Lakers seasaon ticket holders obviously do not get tickets to Clippers game. Right off the bat the Clippers. They have something like 10k plus season ticket holders in a stadium of roughly 20 k.

Its pretty much impossible for the Lakers to have more fans there.

Might be a foreign concept to you, but ever heard of ticket selling???

Clippers ticket holders have tickets to sell. Who is desperate to buy? Laker's fans.

I see it all the time at Vikings/Packers games. There ends up being a shit ton of Packers fan in Minny because Vikings ticket holders realize they can sell their normal $100 ticket for like $350(on the low end).

Lakers fans will be scooping up all those marketplace tickets.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Rondo or Bradley for the Lakers now. Looks like Jr Smith should get some decent run you would think.

Lakers front court has plenty with Davis, McGee, Howard, Kuzma and Morris.

back court may be a different thing. I see a lot of big lineups and a lot of LeBron playing point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a foreign concept to you, but ever heard of ticket selling???

Clippers ticket holders have tickets to sell. Who is desperate to buy? Laker's fans.

I see it all the time at Vikings/Packers games. There ends up being a shit ton of Packers fan in Minny because Vikings ticket holders realize they can sell their normal $100 ticket for like $350(on the low end).

Lakers fans will be scooping up all those marketplace tickets.
it must be a foreign concept to you- but have you ever heard of keeping your tickets and going to watch Kawhi Leonard and Paul George and maybe the best team in basketball owned by the richest owner in the NBA?

this isnt Sterling and Olowakandi. You are definitely right if you are talking about some time in the past- ESPECIALLY when tickets were cheap to Clippers game.

now tickets are damn near as expensive, and for the greater part of the last decade the Clippers have had the better team.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it must be a foreign concept to you- but have you ever heard of keeping your tickets and going to watch Kawhi Leonard and Paul George and maybe the best team in basketball owned by the richest owner in the NBA?

this isnt Sterling and Olowakandi. You are definitely right if you are talking about some time in the past- ESPECIALLY when tickets were cheap to Clippers game.

now tickets are damn near as expensive, and for the greater part of the last decade the Clippers have had the better team.

I don't have tickets.

I am explaining the thought process of ticket holders who see a quick buck. Thats what you aint getting.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What you fail to comprehend is that for whatever reason, that has not been the history of when these 2 franchises meet on the Clippers’ floor.

It is possible that might be different in a playoff series, but I certainly wouldn’t bet on it. And you literally said it is impossible for there to be more Laker fans in attendance.

You are wrong. It is very possible because that is the reality of how it goes down.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you fail to comprehend is that for whatever reason, that has not been the history of when these 2 franchises meet on the Clippers’ floor.

It is possible that might be different in a playoff series, but I certainly wouldn’t bet on it. And you literally said it is impossible for there to be more Laker fans in attendance.

You are wrong. It is very possible because that is the reality of how it goes down.

Yeah, when you factor in Kawhi and PG. Wiggy is right up to a point. Clippers fans aren't likely to be as quick to give up their tickets as they have been in the past.

But Lakers fans will no doubt be willing to spend some fairly crazy money...especially after such a long playoff drought.

But yeah, end of the day, it would be something of a "win" for the Clips if they could get the crowd to 50/50.