• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dark-Horses that will have improved chances

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn’t absurd at all.

Yes, obviously travel is part of the equation in a true road game. No LAC vs LAL is not nearly the disadvantage that LAC @ another city would be.

BUT....

You are over-analyzing the hell out of a really straight forward comment and twisting it around. I am sure @Mecca cam verify this, but I heard one of the reasons LAC was so willing to utilize load management during the season was because no matter what, the one team that would be their toughest out would have the fans on their side for all 7 games. LAC doesn’t care about home court against LAL because it doesn’t exist and the games aren’t neutral.

It is really pretty simple.
Spot.

On.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't mess with me like y'all
Because despite his attempts at distraction, it doesn't work on you.

You and I disagree often. But, you are pretty resolute with your statements, opinions.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure where you were going with that one, but my last comment on the matter. you, in fact, did imply a 'home" game in staples was the same as a roadie for them. didn't expect you to just say, "yeah. I did. My bad."
For the Clippers?

It is.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You and I disagree often. But, you are pretty resolute with your statements, opinions.
I do change my opinions sometimes, but I don't need to convince dtgold. When he tries to start something, I just respond once or twice and then let him be stupid.

And yeah distractions don't work on me, when he tries to focus an argument on one word of a post I ignore it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure where you were going with that one, but my last comment on the matter. you, in fact, did imply a 'home" game in staples was the same as a roadie for them. didn't expect you to just say, "yeah. I did. My bad."

As far as fan split, it may as well be a road game.

Obviously, because they share the arena, it's not a road game in the sense that they sleep in their own homes, they get to have their home game routine and the court will say Clippers on it.

But as far as who majority of the crowd will be pulling for...that'll be the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you are not thinking straight.

When they are at home against any other team, it's mostly Clippers fans in the building. When they are at "home" against the Lakers, it's mostly Lakers fans. This is so simple anyone but you can understand.
i dont think thats true nowadays.

Plus- you have to think of this---- season ticket holders. Nowadays the Clips have a shitload of season ticket holders. The Lakers seasaon ticket holders obviously do not get tickets to Clippers game. Right off the bat the Clippers. They have something like 10k plus season ticket holders in a stadium of roughly 20 k.

Its pretty much impossible for the Lakers to have more fans there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-15 years ago it was likely the Lakers would have more fans at a "Clippers" home game---- after the years of Lob City, and now Kawhi and Paul George- its just not possible. The Lakers will def. have more fans there then the typical "road team" but no where near a majority.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus- you have to think of this---- season ticket holders. Nowadays the Clips have a shitload of season ticket holders. The Lakers seasaon ticket holders obviously do not get tickets to Clippers game. Right off the bat the Clippers. They have something like 10k plus season ticket holders in a stadium of roughly 20 k.

LOL.

Except that the Laker and Clipper fans on this forum have all said this is the case.

Not all Clipper season ticket holders are Clipper fans first. Some get Clipper tickets because they can’t get Laker tickets. Others can possibly sell their tickets to Laker fans.

So definitely not impossible.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plausible but the actual LA fans here seem to disagree

I do agree it's probably not as lopsided as it used to be

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think the Lakers would have more fans whether the Clippers are good or not but I'm sure the Clippers have narrowed the game some.

For Home games the Clippers have a higher capacity than the Lakers do for Home games...not sure why this reason is and didn't look into it.
(Full Capacity: Lakers 18,997 - Clippers 19,060)

2019 Home Games
Lakers - 18,997 99.7% of full capacity
Clippers - 17,325 90.9% of full capacity

2019 Away Games (Average)
Lakers - 18,862 100.3%
Clippers - 17,233 91.4%

2020 Home Games
Lakers - 588,907 99.6% of full capacity
Clippers - 610,176 100.0% of full capacity

2020 Away Games (Average)
Lakers - 18,877 101.9%
Clippers - 17,855 96.2%

That really doesn't say the whole story but the Lakers will have more fans bc they travel better in general and have a bigger fanbase. Like I said though the Clippers have closed the gap from previous years most likely bc they are contending.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya gotta love this forum.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-15 years ago it was likely the Lakers would have more fans at a "Clippers" home game---- after the years of Lob City, and now Kawhi and Paul George- its just not possible. The Lakers will def. have more fans there then the typical "road team" but no where near a majority.

I'm going to guess you miss the 2 games this year when the Clippers were the home team

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to the 5 month layoff, and all of the uncertainty the NBA "playoffs" will likely be much more unpredictable than in a typical year.

While teams such as the Clippers, Bucks and Lakers are still the favorites - teams that have depth, have good coaching, and can play solid defense will have better chances. Also, rest for certain players, I believe, will disporportionately help certain teams/players.

1. Boston Celtics- The Celtics, depth, coaching and defense should give them a better than normal chance at taking down the Bucks who are clearly the class of the Eastern Conference. Stevens is one of the best coaches in the NBA. The Celtics have a deep rotation, and can play solid defense.

2. Houston Rockets- usually by this time of year the Rockets are exhausted due to their short rotations and Harden playing his brand of baskebtall. Now, Harden has had ample rest, and that short rotation, if they come back in shape, can help push the Rockets to possibly finally being able to pull off the series upset that has eluded them.

3. Miami Heat- the Heat have a deep rotation, their calling card is defense, solid coaching, and its not like they ever had a great home court advantage to begin with. In a normal season they would be overmatched, but a deep rotation, good coaching, and steady defense, they could pull off a series upset in the 2nd round.

4. Denver Nuggets-- another deep, well coached team, with a coach that stresses defense. A lot has been made how Jokic has used the 5 month break (longer than a regular NBA offseason) to not only stay in shape- but get in better shape then he has been.

5. Indiana Pacers- Another team with a longer rotation, Oladipo would be healthy, they play great fundamental basketball, and play hard.

As a rule, the NBA playoffs are about star power. With the 5 month layoff, injuries may happen, players may show up out of shape, players may contract the virus and be disqualified, and it will be hard for any player to play 40+ minutes a night. These teams that are deeper, for the most part well coached, and play solid defense, will have a better shot than in a normal season. While teams such as the Clippers, Bucks, and Lakers should still be the favorites, the chances of an upset are much greater than in a normal season.

The fuck did I just read? Are you okay? You actually said something positive about the Heat.