• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I think expectations are pretty high right now for most Patriots fans. But it's tempered with the realization that things can change on a dime any week. The year the Patriots went 14-2, Brady won another MVP and then gagged against the Jets IN FOXBORO in the first round is a good reason why many fans don't get too far ahead of themselves.

We're on to New Jersey...

followed by another big GAG IN FOXBORO against the Ratbirds. :bawling:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
followed by another big GAG IN FOXBORO against the Ratbirds. :bawling:

Absolutely... Anything can happen. It's looong road to the Superbowl... They still have the Jets who have absolutely nothing else to play for except to beat the Patriots and Bills who are feeling a little chipper after man-handling Green Bay.

When Vince Wilfork has his foot on Russell Wilson's windpipe and the Pats are up by 3 scores with under 2 minutes to go then I'll feel confident.

Of course Aaron Rodgers will be ok too! ;)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys especially homer took my comment the wrong way. Put it this way if the Fins won the division next year and faltered after everyone would be happy as its a stepping stone. The year after you'd like to see them progress again make it further into the playoffs. But if they lingered in the same position for ten years without winning it all before the window closes I'd look at it as a failure. I was just asking pats fans if you don't win and start to fall off in the coming years would you be happy with what transpired over the last ten? Would those bowl wins back in time be enough to keep you happy? I just think that having that bookend bowl victory this year would at least add some closure because face it it's been a long time... 321 for homer to put down the Fins even though it's all about the pats haha!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys especially homer took my comment the wrong way. Put it this way if the Fins won the division next year and faltered after everyone would be happy as its a stepping stone. The year after you'd like to see them progress again make it further into the playoffs. But if they lingered in the same position for ten years without winning it all before the window closes I'd look at it as a failure. I was just asking pats fans if you don't win and start to fall off in the coming years would you be happy with what transpired over the last ten? Would those bowl wins back in time be enough to keep you happy? I just think that having that bookend bowl victory this year would at least add some closure because face it it's been a long time... 321 for homer to put down the Fins even though it's all about the pats haha!

Its bound to happen, teams can only be good for so long . GB of 60's,Steelers of 70;s SF of 80's and now it gets tough with FA Dallas of 90's Pats of 2000's. Brady only has a few more years in tank and Belichick didnt fare to well pre Brady so only time will tell.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always said if the pats won back in 2007 (18-1).....their 4th/SB,.....I could die and go to ~heaven~, and every thing else after would be gravy on top,.........but..........just not yet,.......I think this'll be the year they win their 4th, ....and I'll be satisfied.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I'm very competitive but I was a Pats fan in the bad years and the good years are great. Not enough but better than what you are dealing with. So, I am happy but want to be happier.
Are you happy now?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always said if the pats won back in 2007 (18-1).....their 4th/SB,.....I could die and go to ~heaven~, and every thing else after would be gravy on top,.........but..........just not yet,.......I think this'll be the year they win their 4th, ....and I'll be satisfied.

I agree. Of all the losses in post season play that one hurts. :gaah:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm very competitive but I was a Pats fan in the bad years and the good years are great. Not enough but better than what you are dealing with. So, I am happy but want to be happier.
Are you happy now?

Definitely not happy with losing but being on the verge for ten years and still not winning would probably drive me nuts. As I know first hand you can fall into a funk for decades so you want to take advantage of good runs. That’s why I asked...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not happy with losing but being on the verge for ten years and still not winning would probably drive me nuts. As I know first hand you can fall into a funk for decades so you want to take advantage of good runs. That’s why I asked...

hahahahahaha read my post above. Rather be second best or top 4 and be in the dance then not make it at all. You sound like a kid who cant get a girl, and his friend is going out with an 8-9, not the hottest girl in school, buy damn hot. "Huh I wouldnt date the hot girl, but only the hottest. I rather stay in my room and jerk off to Farrah Fawcett poster

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,......but we don't dwell on it up here,.....we've had a great run, better than the rest of the league (my-op.),.....what the fkk is there to "complain"about if you're a pats fan..!?,.......I'd be bitching everyday if I didn't win anything in over 40 yrs.,......*j-k*.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,......but we don't dwell on it up here,.....we've had a great run, better than the rest of the league (my-op.),.....what the fkk is there to "complain"about if you're a pats fan..!?,.......I'd be bitching everyday if I didn't win anything in over 40 yrs.,......*j-k*.

or 20 years. :L [wearing Cowboys cap on that]

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahahahaha read my post above. Rather be second best or top 4 and be in the dance then not make it at all. You sound like a kid who cant get a girl, and his friend is going out with an 8-9, not the hottest girl in school, buy damn hot. "Huh I wouldnt date the hot girl, but only the hottest. I rather stay in my room and jerk off to Farrah Fawcett poster

Girl doesn't have to be a ten but you should be happy no? Settling for a lady that's good only half the time even three quarters no thanks. I guess we're different sonny I'm not jumping off a bridge either way but it's all about the bowl isn't that what they play for???

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Girl doesn't have to be a ten but you should be happy no? Settling for a lady that's good only half the time even three quarters no thanks. I guess we're different sonny I'm not jumping off a bridge either way but it's all about the bowl isn't that what they play for???

rather be in dance and be with 8 and 9's till I find the 10 to marry ( 3 wives 01,03 and 04) then not go to dance at all. Of course winning SB is the goal but only 1 winner out of 32 a year. Some teams haven't even sniffed a playoff, so content to get as far as possible

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sell it FFF but don't sell it here? You'd give your left nut for a "4" You can't sniff the "9" that the Pats have been. (bullshit!)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South the Fins haven't been sniffing the bowl like the pats have for over ten years totally different subject. Of course their goal is just to make it in right now. But if they sniffed around for ten years and didn't win a title shit ya I'd be pissed! Ricky Bobbie said it...second is last!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South the Fins haven't been sniffing the bowl like the pats have for over ten years totally different subject. Of course their goal is just to make it in right now. But if they sniffed around for ten years and didn't win a title shit ya I'd be pissed! Ricky Bobbie said it...second is last!

First goal is to win the div Div Champion next is the win the conference AFC champion and ultimate goal is to win the SB SB champion worst thing is to miss the playoffs all together only title is loser

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First goal is to win the div Div Champion next is the win the conference AFC champion and ultimate goal is to win the SB SB champion worst thing is to miss the playoffs all together only title is loser

People only remember the winners bro. You're just trying to make yourself feel better. Of course it's nice to see your team win but it's all for naught if you don't win the big one...although you can feel somewhat good that your team has at least given themselves the chance to win but I wouldn't be satisfied with that.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People only remember the winners bro. You're just trying to make yourself feel better. Of course it's nice to see your team win but it's all for naught if you don't win the big one...although you can feel somewhat good that your team has at least given themselves the chance to win but I wouldn't be satisfied with that.

No, it's not. It's less than the ultimate goal but 31 teams do not complete a season for "naught."

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Myself feel better? Cmon man I remember Denver and Seattle in SB last year and Balt and SF before that etc I went to 3 SB's in my lifetime and Bills lost all 3 and I remember. Dont remember what Pats or Fins did in those 1990-93 seasons

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not. It's less than the ultimate goal but 31 teams do not complete a season for "naught."

At the start of the year most teams especially contenders say super bowl or bust. That's what they play for...settling for placing doesn't excite anyone and I think NE especially would fall into that category. You guys obviously are willing to settle for second or even third best makes no sense...