• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Cap-hell

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been trying band aids at DT for years and it's always cost them down the stretch. A stud DT drops into their lap so they were able to fix it as average players weren't working and the draft wasn't going to solve the problem this year. WR can be found in FA or the draft so they shifted some bodies. If they can find a better receiver than Hartline for cheaper I think that they'll have improved all around. Stills and Cameron will most likely match or exceed Wallaces numbers. I like what they've done plenty of time to fill the voids...it will be interesting.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have relatives in Miami and go there once a year, it's a bunch of retired-people BS, some migrated from California. Never been able to hook up a NFL game live in Miami because I would have to go with an 80-year old person and the stadium is supposed to be very uncomfortable. That's what Dolphin fans told me. People hype South Beach but it ain't all that great, boring except for the bikini-clad chickadees.
I don't have a problem with the Dolphins stadium. I cal it Foxborough South. Boobs are geat! Girls getting all competitive is even better!!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great dlines not only keep you in games but as the Giants proved they can win you bowls. Heavy price sure but it may just be worth it...as the Fins should be stout into the 4th quarter where they lost quite a few games.

The draft is key for any team but yes the Fins will need to hit on a few top picks although some young guys look ready to step up.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great dlines not only keep you in games but as the Giants proved they can win you bowls. Heavy price sure but it may just be worth it...as the Fins should be stout into the 4th quarter where they lost quite a few games.

The draft is key for any team but yes the Fins will need to hit on a few top picks although some young guys look ready to step up.
New England Patriots Remain Overwhelming AFC Favorite In 2015 | RantSports
Miami will still not win the division and won't have the money to improve next year.
You are thinking Suh will restructure? Wait til you try to get a discount!!!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami will still not win the division and won't have the money to improve next year.

Didn't Suh already restructure once in his career to help out the Lions? I don't think it is unprecedented for a player to do that. Plus with so much of his last 3 years on the contract non-guaranteed it makes sense for him to restructure.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Suh already restructure once in his career to help out the Lions? I don't think it is unprecedented for a player to do that. Plus with so much of his last 3 years on the contract non-guaranteed it makes sense for him to restructure.
I'm sure he'll be willing to give up his $27 million next year!!!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he'll be willing to give up his $27 million next year!!!!!

Not what I meant...I meant at the end of 3-years when the contract goes off the guaranteed part of his deal then yes I could see him easily wanting to renegotiate his contract as it gives him more security and the team some help cap wise.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins goal is to make the playoffs this season. Anything can happen later especially if you have a good dline...pats fans should know this very well. If you can forecast two years from now you should bet your house on the futures market! You crack me up...maybe worry more about your CB situation this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins goal is to make the playoffs this season. Anything can happen later especially if you have a good dline...pats fans should know this very well. If you can forecast two years from now you should bet your house on the futures market! You crack me up...maybe worry more about your CB situation this year.
Making the playoffs is a good goal. You are making some good choices. I am happy about you spending yourlife savings on SUH. We disagree? As for the rest? What else have we got to talk about until the draft????

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol @ Chowds that know their run is Ovah, n don't wanna face tha Muzak.

(Picture yourself with Ray Rice, a drunk bitch, the best DT, RB and CB in the league, in an elevator. Only one soul walks out under their power.)

It ain't Ray Rice, n it ain't you.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making the playoffs is a good goal. You are making some good choices. I am happy about you spending yourlife savings on SUH. We disagree? As for the rest? What else have we got to talk about until the draft????
With the way the caps going up every team will be able to afford a few huge contracts. I don't mind it being on the dline as pressure on the QB is huge in todays game. If you give the top QB's time in this league it doesn't matter where you spent your cash as you'll lose anyway....I witnessed at least 5 losses this year due to this and with Suh on board hopefully that pressure up the middle will end a few of those drives at the end of the games instead of resulting in late TD's. From the moves they've made to make this work I don't see the overall team getting worse IMO it's already better than last year...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that quarterbacks have the bigger impact on the team in general but again I think stats have shown handing out a big contract to any player whether a quarterback or not limits a team at having a chance at the Super Bowl. So this year or next when the Seahawks dish out a huge contract to Wilson while he is worth every penny it does limit them big time from being able to compete year in and year out for a Super bowl.

The re-upping of Tannehill is actually pretty easy in my opinion. Essentially structure his contract a lot like Suh's in the first year have his cap hit under $10 million. Then the big hit the next year where it jumps up to say that $25-30 million when Suh's cap hit is much more manageable at $15 million.

Generally speaking, I don't see spending that kind of money on D Lineman. I could only see spending that kind of cash on a QB. While spending that kind of money on a QB might limit a team in the future, I don't think it can be avoided. If you have Aaron Rodgers on your roster, he is going to command that kind of money.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally speaking, I don't see spending that kind of money on D Lineman. I could only see spending that kind of cash on a QB. While spending that kind of money on a QB might limit a team in the future, I don't think it can be avoided. If you have Aaron Rodgers on your roster, he is going to command that kind of money.

Correct but at this time it looks like Tannehill is the quarterback for at least the next few years for them. So the first year of Suh's deal Tannehill is still on his rookie deal making it easy to fit both of them under the Cap. The 2nd year is where they will have to sign Tannehill. They will give him a low cap first year with the team as most quarterback get that because of the large signing bonus. So year 2 is pretty easy. Year 3 is when Suh's Cap hit is between $15 and $16 million so having Tannehill at say $25 million or so limits them a little but with the cap expected to be up maybe $20-30 million by then it really won't be that hard.

After 3-years most likely they are renegotiating Suh's deal so because they will have a quarterback playing on pretty cheap money for the next 2-years at least cap wise then they can afford to lock down a DL player at a high price and still be fine.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct but at this time it looks like Tannehill is the quarterback for at least the next few years for them. So the first year of Suh's deal Tannehill is still on his rookie deal making it easy to fit both of them under the Cap. The 2nd year is where they will have to sign Tannehill. They will give him a low cap first year with the team as most quarterback get that because of the large signing bonus. So year 2 is pretty easy. Year 3 is when Suh's Cap hit is between $15 and $16 million so having Tannehill at say $25 million or so limits them a little but with the cap expected to be up maybe $20-30 million by then it really won't be that hard.

After 3-years most likely they are renegotiating Suh's deal so because they will have a quarterback playing on pretty cheap money for the next 2-years at least cap wise then they can afford to lock down a DL player at a high price and still be fine.
Exactly my point and what if your team doesn't have a Rogers or access to a top QB as there are only a few in the league....who commands big dollars then? Should you just not sign away top defenders and waste cap space? If you can keep your drafted players and still be able sign a top FA why not? Obviously within reason but the Fins seem to have a game plan and they look fine moving forward whether you agree Suh is worth the money or not it didn't cost them a draft pick or player....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point and what if your team doesn't have a Rogers or access to a top QB as there are only a few in the league....who commands big dollars then? Should you just not sign away top defenders and waste cap space? If you can keep your drafted players and still be able sign a top FA why not? Obviously within reason but the Fins seem to have a game plan and they look fine moving forward whether you agree Suh is worth the money or not it didn't cost them a draft pick or player....

The way I view it is the Dolphins have pretty much traded Jared Odrick and Mike Wallace for Suh and Stills. Yes the combo of Suh and Stills is a bit more but really not by much on a per year basis. If that is the case which combo would you really rather have? Stills in my opinion cancels out Wallace. Wallace had more touchdowns on the year but Stills had more yards. Plus when you have Miami players saying that they are almost happy Wallace is gone I think that is a win to get a player of comparable ability for a 1/10th of the cost. So then it comes down to Suh and Odrick. I think that is a pretty easy choice.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the caps going up every team will be able to afford a few huge contracts. I don't mind it being on the dline as pressure on the QB is huge in todays game. If you give the top QB's time in this league it doesn't matter where you spent your cash as you'll lose anyway....I witnessed at least 5 losses this year due to this and with Suh on board hopefully that pressure up the middle will end a few of those drives at the end of the games instead of resulting in late TD's. From the moves they've made to make this work I don't see the overall team getting worse IMO it's already better than last year...
I agree, they'll be better. How much better? We'll have to see. You had some tough injuries last year and a little luck will make a bigger difference than Suh, IMHO

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I view it is the Dolphins have pretty much traded Jared Odrick and Mike Wallace for Suh and Stills. Yes the combo of Suh and Stills is a bit more but really not by much on a per year basis. If that is the case which combo would you really rather have? Stills in my opinion cancels out Wallace. Wallace had more touchdowns on the year but Stills had more yards. Plus when you have Miami players saying that they are almost happy Wallace is gone I think that is a win to get a player of comparable ability for a 1/10th of the cost. So then it comes down to Suh and Odrick. I think that is a pretty easy choice.
Yep perfect example and I'd rather have Suh and Stills any day of the week.

For the QB guys if you don't have a Rodgers are you supposed to give guys like Tanny the so called QB money when you don't have to or need to? Should dilfer have received 100 million? Of course not so why not lure another teams talent to your team to make up the difference? Better than having dead money I'm happy that the Fins owner is actually willing to spend it's one good thing as some won't...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they'll be better. How much better? We'll have to see. You had some tough injuries last year and a little luck will make a bigger difference than Suh, IMHO
Agreed there's a lot more to do with it than a few FA's. Tanny needs to improve as well as some of the young players. They also need to draft well that may be the biggest thing for every team.

Looks like Crabtrees in town that couldn't hurt either if he signs for a decent price...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed there's a lot more to do with it than a few FA's. Tanny needs to improve as well as some of the young players. They also need to draft well that may be the biggest thing for every team.

Looks like Crabtrees in town that couldn't hurt either if he signs for a decent price...
Crabtree is the answer!!!!! Sign him please! Yeah, Crabtree!!!!!