• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Eagles Salary Cap

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Over the Cap, the Eagles are 50 mil over the Cap figure for 2021. For starters, anyone hoping to add a Clowney or any other expensive free agent left on the market ... it ain't happening. The Eagles will need to carry over their 15 mil or so into next season and after signing their rookies will only have around 18 mil left under this year's Cap. They need to have a 3 mil or so buffer to sign players here and there due to injuries during the season.

In 2021 Howie has his work cut out for him. Likely gone are Alshon and DJax. Ertz will likely have a new contract with a very low 1st year number or traded (less likely). DE Brandon Graham is most likely playing his final year as an Eagle this season as his 2021 Cap # will be close to 18 mil at 33 years old with "none" of it Guaranteed. Fletcher Cox is another player like Ertz more than likely restructured; his cap number is 22.4 mil with none of it guaranteed. Just like Ertz they can give him guarantees and get that 2021 cap hit down to around a 5 mil cap hit (trade is also an option as he will be 31 years old).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will all be restructured and it will be easy. The old receivers could be sent packing after the year, but we're not going to give up on half our DLine with a Super Bowl team.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie will get it done , as usual. If he is going to sign a DE, I would rather he trade for Ngakoue, and give him a contract back-end loaded.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can get down pretty easily as well in 2021

Release DJax saves close to 11 mil
Release Alshon saves around 2.5 mil
Carry over from this year - 15 mil
Restructure Ertz - saves around 7 mil
Restructure Cox - Saves around 14 mil

That right there would save around 49.5

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, what you're saying is no FA or draft picks next year.

There's work to be done, for sure.
You keep kicking the can down the road, eventually you get to the end of the road....

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what you're saying is no FA or draft picks next year.

There's work to be done, for sure.
You keep kicking the can down the road, eventually you get to the end of the road....

Nahh, I just got to the 50 we're under ... I didn't look past that, but I'm sure there's plenty of other things we can do to open up more room.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Over the Cap, the Eagles are 50 mil over the Cap figure for 2021. For starters, anyone hoping to add a Clowney or any other expensive free agent left on the market ... it ain't happening. The Eagles will need to carry over their 15 mil or so into next season and after signing their rookies will only have around 18 mil left under this year's Cap. They need to have a 3 mil or so buffer to sign players here and there due to injuries during the season.

In 2021 Howie has his work cut out for him. Likely gone are Alshon and DJax. Ertz will likely have a new contract with a very low 1st year number or traded (less likely). DE Brandon Graham is most likely playing his final year as an Eagle this season as his 2021 Cap # will be close to 18 mil at 33 years old with "none" of it Guaranteed. Fletcher Cox is another player like Ertz more than likely restructured; his cap number is 22.4 mil with none of it guaranteed. Just like Ertz they can give him guarantees and get that 2021 cap hit down to around a 5 mil cap hit (trade is also an option as he will be 31 years old).
What is the assumed cap number for the league next year v this year?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correction on my initial post regarding Brandon Graham ... looks like there would be a bunch of dead cap due to the restructure, so he's likely not being released in 2021 like I originally thought would be a possibility.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lane is always an option to restructure. Kelce is off the books. Brandon Graham would restructure to finish up his career in Philly.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's Howie's got to move. Lane done it twice, Cox once and you can see both Cox and Ertz willing to do it to help stay in Philly and keep the team in a good spot.

I think Jax and Alshon are both gone no matter what, they hit on just two of these draft wide out they are sitting good depth wise.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jax and Alshon are both gone no matter what, they hit on just two of these draft wide out they are sitting good depth wise.

We need JJAW to take the next step in year two and at least develop into a "solid" possession option capable of at least 800 yards and 5 scores. We need DJAX to at least give us 10-12 games so it gives the young guys time to develop and not get thrown into the fire. Reagor will get PT right away, but I doubt Pederson wants to rely on all 3 rookies for production. I think Marquise Goodwin was brought in as DJAX insurance, but if one of the later round rooks step up in preseason, I think Goodwin may not even make the team.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Eagles have restructured CB Rasul Douglas' contract. He was scheduled to make 2.133 mil this season; guessing they shaved around a mil off as details are not available yet.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Alshon is actually closer to 8M bump in cutting (I’m looking at SalaryTrac).

Look closely at Derek Barnett. If they can’t move him this year (which seems less likely since they’ve not done much for DE this offseason). Could wipe $10M off the books. Unless he shows up this year. Then you do a back loaded extension and knock as much of that $10M down as possible.

Also possible they could move on from Malik Jackson (provided Cox restructures, I expect this). One player I’m not sure would restructure is Graham. He’s a big family man and might want to cash in one more time as much as possible.

The wild card is Ertz. He’s at his peak and likely won’t show much drop in his game for a few more years. I would see his restructure having to come this year perhaps. If that goes no where I think you have to think about getting something for him next offseason and fully open up that 12.7M.

The nice thing is so much of this will be dictated on whatever kind of season happens this coming year. You don’t have to make too many decisions yet

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the opposite of the Cowboys, who even after signing Dak to a mega deal will have just about every good player on their team, locked up long term...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the opposite of the Cowboys, who even after signing Dak to a mega deal will have just about every good player on their team, locked up long term...
The cowboys suck and haven't won shit this century. Won't win shit next year either.

Mccarthy is a bum that wasted most of aaron Rodgers career.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas lost Byron Jones (best guy in the 2ndary), Robert Quinn (best pass rusher by far), Maliek Collins (solid, young DT) and Michael Bennett (old, but still can get a sack here and there) as well as having their Pro Bowl Center Travis Frederick retire. All they added in free agency was a couple of old, declining DT's and a bad tackling Safety who's on his 4th team in the span of 17 months. Banking on players like Randy Gregory who hasn't played since 2018 and Aldon Smith who hasn't been productive since 2013? Dak better pass for 5000 yards and 40 TD's or Dallas may have a hard time even finishing ahead of the Giants.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cowboys suck and haven't won shit this century. Won't win shit next year either.

Mccarthy is a bum that wasted most of aaron Rodgers career.
They will kick the living shit out of the Eagles this season and win the division