• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Hasselbeck's emotion win on TNF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we are in agreement. None of those guys belong in any "Rings of honor/HOF".

There is a difference a BIG difference between a ring of honor and The Hall Of Fame. Matt was one of the best QB's in the Seahawks History and took the team to their first Superbowl. He is also 26th ALL TIME for a career in passing yards and 8th or 9th for "active" QB's. That is NOTHING to turn your nose up at when you look at some of the teams he played for that had very little receiving talent.

Show your ignorance some more about the difference between the HoF and Ring of Honor please, i mean if you are that dumb about this i would hate to see your actual football I.Q. LMAO or lack there of.

Hasselbeck spent 10 years with the Seahawks, becoming the franchise's all-time leader in passing yards. He earned three Pro Bowl nods in Seattle and led the Hawks to their first Super Bowl appearance in franchise history following the 2005 season.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference a BIG difference between a ring of honor and The Hall Of Fame. Matt was one of the best QB's in the Seahawks History and took the team to their first Superbowl. He is also 26th ALL TIME for a career in passing yards and 8th or 9th for "active" QB's. That is NOTHING to turn your nose up at when you look at some of the teams he played for that had very little receiving talent.

Show your ignorance some more about the difference between the HoF and Ring of Honor please, i mean if you are that dumb about this i would hate to see your actual football I.Q. LMAO or lack there of.

Hasselbeck spent 10 years with the Seahawks, becoming the franchise's all-time leader in passing yards. He earned three Pro Bowl nods in Seattle and led the Hawks to their first Super Bowl appearance in franchise history following the 2005 season.

I didn't read all this, but we were talking about a TEAM HALL OF FAME(i.e. Grogan and Bledsoe), not THE Hall Of Fame. Ugggh.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read all this, but we were talking about a TEAM HALL OF FAME(i.e. Grogan and Bledsoe), not THE Hall Of Fame. Ugggh.

Do you have to pay the person who ties your shoes and buckles on your helmet or is there some kind of government assistance program for that?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tickled pink for Matt... He was not only a great player for the Hawks but just an absolute solid individual off the field... One of my all time fav Hawks... I only wanted the entire game last night because of Hass... Very happy to see him do well...

We may have seen his last start of his career... Glad he at least had a win and a solid game for possibly his last start...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matty Hass will always be one of my favs. He gutted it out everytime he stepped onto the field and gave us some great memories. Once retired I hope they choose him to raise the flag for the home opener or home playoff game. ROH no doubt.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's your deal with hatin on Hass?

Nothing at all. He grew up not far from where I grew up and I remember his Dad playing for the Pats. I was just surprised to see him getting so much Seahawk love. I never thought of him as much more than above average. I didn't know he was so beloved up there.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing at all. He grew up not far from where I grew up and I remember his Dad playing for the Pats. I was just surprised to see him getting so much Seahawk love. I never thought of him as much more than above average. I didn't know he was so beloved up there.

After Zorn (too young to remember) and Krieg (who's also a fav of mine), it was a waste land of poor QB play until Hass showed up. He helped revive a wrecked franchise and put the Hawks back on the map and made them competitive. He may not have a SB ring or Brady/Manning type numbers, but his play for a good period of time was around top 5. I think he's an underrated QB that didn't get enough credit, but in our eyes Matt was a darn good leader and i know I'm thankful for the solid years he put in with the Hawks.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He played 10 seasons with the Seahawks and took them to their first Superbowl...and you are surprised that he is beloved by fans?

This was the post chapee decided to troll

He posted on Twitter that his game ball was for a girl who lost her battle with cancer today. I'm sure that had something to do with it too.

Now retire already so you can raise the 12th Man Flag and get yourself in the Ring of Honor!

Ring of honor? Is the Seahawks history that mediocre???

Is Kelly Stouffer next?

Real classy

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played 10 seasons with the Seahawks and took them to their first Superbowl...and you are surprised that he is beloved by fans?

This was the post chapee decided to troll

Real classy

I'm hardly trolling. I was just surprised that Hasselbeck was such a local hero. I had no idea.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Above average? For over 3 years he was rated in the top 5 QB's in the NFL yeah thats above average. NO an above average QB would be 11-15 and a top tier to elite is 1-10. Matt was in that range for most of his career here in Seattle with Cast off WR's. Also watch Matts ball, he throws one of the tightest spirals in the NFL still at 40 years old. Sure he doesn't have the strongest arm but when your ball has such a tight spiral you do not need that strong of an arm ( Even though he did compete and win the QB challenge and threw the ball 70 Yards )

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Hasselbeck belongs in the Seahawks ring of honor? I have to agree....

An 82.2 rating for Seattle! A 69-62 career record! 174TD's and 128INT's. You can't make this stuff up!

A team's ring of honor doesnt serve the same purpose as the pro football HOF, genius

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre the first Pats I've seen fan admit that the Pats history was mediocre before Brady.

It was a barren wasteland for a long time. They had some decent teams in the 80's(including the one that got destroyed by the Bears in Super Bowl), but they were mostly awful until Parcells/Kraft/Bledsoe arrived in the early 90's(which led to another SB loss to GB). Things have been a lot better since then(obviously). They've been amazingly lucky to have 2 QB's for 20+ years and even 2 kickers over that same span.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Anybody who disagrees with me is a troll"

So tell me why does a Pats fan have interest in this thread on the Seahawk board? It doesn't, involve the Pats at all and nobody here cares what you think about Hassellbeck.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a barren wasteland for a long time. They had some decent teams in the 80's(including the one that got destroyed by the Bears in Super Bowl), but they were mostly awful until Parcells/Kraft/Bledsoe arrived in the early 90's(which led to another SB loss to GB). Things have been a lot better since then(obviously). They've been amazingly lucky to have 2 QB's for 20+ years and even 2 kickers over that same span.

Even if you consider it a barren wasteland there's no reason not to celebrate the people that have you moments to cheer about before your team started to win titles. The Tom Brady's of the world aren't the only ones worth being celebrated. You seem like someone who became a fan after the success began.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me why does a Pats fan have interest in this thread on the Seahawk board? It doesn't, involve the Pats at all and nobody here cares what you think about Hassellbeck.

I explained it earlier. I had no idea Hasselbeck was so highly-regarded there.

Status
Not open for further replies.