• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martavis Bryant

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant is facing a potential four-game suspension.

Bryant is currently appealing a suspension under the league’s substance-abuse policy, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

The Steelers selected Bryant with a fourth-round pick in the 2014 NFL draft. As a rookie, Bryant didn’t play at all in the first six games but showed great promise down the stretch, catching 26 passes for 549 yards (a whopping 21.1 yards a catch), with eight touchdowns. This year the Steelers were expected to get Bryant even more involved in their passing game.

Instead, the Steelers may have to plan for a month without Bryant’s services. With Le’Veon Bell also suspended and Maurkice Pouncey injured, the Steelers will be starting the season at much less than full strength on offense.

when did he get popped ? anyone hear anything about this ?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martavis Bryant's second-year leap could be put on hold to start the NFL season.

The Pittsburgh Steelers' receiver is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday, per a source informed of the situation. Fox Sports first reported the news.

Bryant is currently appealing the suspension.

The 6-foot-4 wideout with 4.42 forty-speed was a big-play machine in 10 games as a rookie. He led the NFL with a 21.1-yards-per-catch average. Bryant finished with 26 receptions for 549 yards and eight touchdowns in just 306 regular season snaps.

Bryant was slated to open the season in three-receiver sets, behind All-Pro Antonio Brown and Markus Wheaton -- who has flashed during the preseason. Bryant's big-play ability was one reason the Steelers have been mentioned as a candidate to lead the NFL in offensive production in 2015

Steelers' Martavis Bryant facing 4-game suspension - NFL.com

this one was on the nfl web site ... this is the first that I heard of this

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck?

Get out into my car and this is ALL over the radio.

Wow... what an idiot

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was it pot or roids ?
No clarification yet. But what alarms me was that he was "already in the substance abuse program". Meaning this would be his second offense? I'm not sure if that makes sense, but how would we just be hearing about this now and not sooner?

My thoughts is this is over pot. They usually say either "violated the league's substance abuse policy" or "violated the league's PED policy". So to me there is clearly a difference. But who knows at this point.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just wreaks of bad news... Hopefully Ben & Deebo are railing into him over this. Time for the vets to smack this young pup upside the head

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what i hear has to be drugs.......and this has to be at least his third failed test in 16months......

drugs over football.........popped 3 times already

josh gordon and justin blackmon esque

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it was 3 pops, but at least 2.

According to league protocol...the 1st positive cannot be made public, only the player, agent and team are made aware. It could have happened anytime from after the combine to camp last year or during the season...whenever the 1st positive was, he's been on a pee every 2 weeks since then and was popped again.

Don't take this as the gospel, but he is officially in phase 2 of the NFL drug intervention program...a lot of players test positive at least once and they get the message and straighten up...they get 4 games is because they have been caught, and warned...any masking agent or positive test thereafter results in a penalty.

It did make me wonder why they took a WR in the 3rd rd.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Misko here... I don't think that I can believe that they weren't aware of it.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I see it.... yea Bryant is probably guilty, and we know Bell was found guilty of this to....

But if bitch boy Brady plays in game one, so should Bryant and Bell.... I'm about sick of the Cheatriot shit on all fuckin levels. If you can cheat and win titles and still play, fuck it smoke weed, drink, whatever but you can play too....

:lol: