• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 12...@ CIN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wk 12…@ CIN

The Steelers regroup after the ugly loss last Monday Night in CLE. The short week narrative played out almost to the tee for the road team. OFC looked terrible and even the DEF was slightly off their recent standard of play. The loss dropped PIT to 5-5 and now in the 8th position behind OAK, and HOU who both sit a game better at 6-4.

Everyone knows about the fight now so we’re not dwelling on that here, but there is some residual fallout. Pouncey was handed down a 3 game suspension for his part in the fracas. Granted he was simply coming to the support of his QB, but kicking and punching is a no-no. Apparently Pouncey is appealing, but it’s not likely he will be playing this week regardless.

Week 12 brings on the second of 3 straight AFCN opponents. This week they travel to CIN for the rematch. What’s happened since the week 4 game which saw both teams come into that game without a win? Well, PIT has rebounded a little as you know and have won 5 games including that week 4 matchup. The Bengals on the other hand are still winless for the year. Now 0-10, the Bengals have seemingly started to look towards the ’20 season. First year head coach Zac Taylor benched perennial starter Andy Dalton to get a look at 4th rd draft pick Ryan Finley, and the early going has not been good for the young QB. Completing 47% of his passes with one TD and two INTs in two games played.

Injuries

Steelers have suffered some heavy losses this week. Juju (knee + concussion) D Johnson (concussion) were both knocked with helmet to helmet shots in the Browns game. Both are still in the protocol…my guess is they will not play this week. Smith-Schuster is officially listed as doubtful and Johnson is questionable. Connor (shoulder) reinjured in the CLE game is questionable. Artie Burns (knee) questionable is on the list this week . To manage the loss of Pouncey, I was anticipating a roster move, bringing Patrick Morris up from the PS. As of today that hasn’t happened. If no roster move is made effecting the OL, we can expect Finney to start at C. I’m not sure who the backup C would be if Morris is not brought up. There has been some talk that Snell (knee) will be ready to go this week, if not Samuels and Edmunds will likely carry the load at RB.

Outcome

The Steelers lack of available WRs with experience is concerning. It is a DIV game meaning the schemes and personnel will be familiar for both teams. Based on the Bengal’s DEF performance last week, they’re not laying down for the number #1 overall draft pick. Mason Rudolph is probably like a golfer after terrible round, he has to be itching to get back out there to get the stink of his last performance. The line is PIT +6.5. Bottomline here…there is nothing on paper that suggests the Bengals will win this game behind Finley. If Rudolph finds his game, the Steelers will win and cover the spread. If he doesn’t, I can see PIT winning by a FG.

I’m going with 24-17 Steelers.

What say you?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diontae practiced today. So now he just needs a doctor to sign off, and he's out of the protocol.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diontae practiced today. So now he just needs a doctor to sign off, and he's out of the protocol.
I am amazed unless the bleeding was from a superficial cut and not coming from the ear.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am amazed unless the bleeding was from a superficial cut and not coming from the ear.
Yeah, that's what it looked like to me in the pic

Cut to the ear, not coming from it.

If he was bleeding from the ear, he'd have been air lifted .

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Steelers have enough guys to field a team on Sunday they should have a decent chance to win. Unless they overlook this game and focus on the rematch with Cleveland they should be fine. Even under that situation, the Steelers should still record another victory over the Bengals. Have to win the games you should.

PIT 20
CIN 14

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one has upset potential written all over it. The Steelers are missing some key pieces and playing a road game in the division. The Bengals D showed a pulse against a decent Raiders attack last week and the run game has quietly improved. A low-scoring game with tough D would be the recipe for a Bengal upset. And I guess it would be sort of funny for the Bengals to finally beat the Steelers when the Bengal fans are rooting for losses (in order to keep the overall number 1 pick).

All that said.... This will likely be a neutral crowd. Bengal fans are staying away and PBS is always full of Pittsburgh fans - Even when the Bengals are good. The passing game for the Bengals looks lost and it's hard to see them pulling everything together for 4 quarters.

I'll say this game looks like most Bengal/Steeler games at PBS -- Hope for the home team fades to disappointment late. Steelers take it 24-16.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yeah this would be the game the Bengals win and lose the 1st overall pick from the Skins.

Anyway, the biggest difference vs last week is the defense the Bengals are doubt they can scheme the same as the Browns did.
I am compelled to go 17-14 Bengals but still don't think they score enough to win so it is 14-10 Steelers.

Sadly this game will be an offensive laugh-fest with the QB's both teams are putting out there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one has upset potential written all over it. The Steelers are missing some key pieces and playing a road game in the division. The Bengals D showed a pulse against a decent Raiders attack last week and the run game has quietly improved. A low-scoring game with tough D would be the recipe for a Bengal upset. And I guess it would be sort of funny for the Bengals to finally beat the Steelers when the Bengal fans are rooting for losses (in order to keep the overall number 1 pick).

All that said.... This will likely be a neutral crowd. Bengal fans are staying away and PBS is always full of Pittsburgh fans - Even when the Bengals are good. The passing game for the Bengals looks lost and it's hard to see them pulling everything together for 4 quarters.

I'll say this game looks like most Bengal/Steeler games at PBS -- Hope for the home team fades to disappointment late. Steelers take it 24-16.

If they had won that CLE I could see them overlooking CIN, but now with them planted in the 8th seed spot, they should be back in desperate mode again.

I projected 24-17, but I don't see either team scoring much more than 20 pts unless there is a DEF score or several FGs.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers should not need anymore motivation, but IND losing last night should give them a small boost...with a win over CIN they would move back into a tie with IND at 6-5. They still need OAK to lose to climb back into the 6th seed but the h-t-h over IND gives PIT the nod over them should they finish in a tie.

As said earlier, the 5 and 6 seed positions will take several twists and turns before it's all settled.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers should not need anymore motivation, but IND losing last night should give them a small boost...with a win over CIN they would move back into a tie with IND at 6-5. They still need OAK to lose to climb back into the 6th seed but the h-t-h over IND gives PIT the nod over them should they finish in a tie.

As said earlier, the 5 and 6 seed positions will take several twists and turns before it's all settled.

If it comes down to week 17 the Steelers have zero chance. Trust me I did not expect them to come close to sniffing the playoffs but having to win a tie-breaker with the opponent arguably the best team in the AFC outside of NE. Yeah they have no chance.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it comes down to week 17 the Steelers have zero chance. Trust me I did not expect them to come close to sniffing the playoffs but having to win a tie-breaker with the opponent arguably the best team in the AFC outside of NE. Yeah they have no chance.

IDK...the DIV will be wrapped up be week 14 or 15 so the Ravens may be smart to rest some guys....don't give the Steelers a chance to KO a key player.

I actually think they will beat IND outright...and nobody in BUF feels all that secure with their 5 seed position.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Steelers bitch slap the Bungles.

giphy (7).gif

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK...the DIV will be wrapped up be week 14 or 15 so the Ravens may be smart to rest some guys....don't give the Steelers a chance to KO a key player.

I actually think they will beat IND outright...and nobody in BUF feels all that secure with their 5 seed position.

The big if, NE has to lose. If they do and both have the same record I see the Ravens going for home field. The opportunity to play NE at home vs in Gillette will be huge for them.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu has just been ruled out. Diontae is not on the injury report so he is playing, apparently.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big if, NE has to lose. If they do and both have the same record I see the Ravens going for home field. The opportunity to play NE at home vs in Gillette will be huge for them.

True...I'm sensing the Ravens will lose another game before we get to the home stretch and NE will probably have a two game lead on HFA going into week 17.

Farfetched, I know...but I need something to cling to for these last handful of games...beating out IND and OAK for the 6th spot is all that's left for this season :D...of course they will be a 1st round out if they do make it...I'm not that delusional....lol

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu has just been ruled out. Diontae is not on the injury report so he is playing, apparently.
Johnson reportedly was a full participant in the last noted practice, but I have seen where he's cleared protocol.

Good if he does play.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Shouldn't a Browns fan want a team ahead of them to lose?

Not when it comes to the Bengals. They're the team I dislike the most in the NFL.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when it comes to the Bengals. They're the team I dislike the most in the NFL.

That's like disliking Rutgers.