• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 12...@ CIN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O... Keep saying this, but aside from all the QB personnel issues, the OC could do the offense a TON of favors getting the TEs more involved. Instead he's been relying on guys like Johnny Holton, Tevin Jones & Deon Cain instead of using the better tools available. Especially in situational football. It pains me not to see Vannett & McDonald get used in those situations.

After the 1st quarter it was quite easy to see that Mason was only putting the ball exactly where the play was designed. As if he had his mind made up where he was going to throw before leaving the huddle. Presnap reads be damned. That RZ trip where he ran the ball when McDonald was covered at the rollout LOS route was the identifier for me. He never gave those guys in the EZ a moment's look, and I'm pretty sure there was someone in single coverage back there. Why not take that shot? Put the ball low & away at the EZ and let the receiver go after it. Instead Mason locked his eyes on the TE during the entire rollout and opted to run it instead.

D... Maybe Joe Haden in his prime woulda grabbed that 2nd one. :)

D...Joe...agreed. He got beat badly on a deep ball by #12. but QB overthrew him, gave up the TD, getting one of those INTs would've been a nice bounce back....another topic...didn't you think Barron had a S on his sack?

O...remember the play, need to see it again to see what the coverage looked like. I just think 1 target to your TE is insane.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stiller Hooplans (minus that bech @Bridgeburner): "Because he's trash"

Mike Tomlin: "Because the offense needed a spark"

He left the door open for either to start next week and said "NEXT" to the direct question asking who he will start next week. We the Stiller Hooplans will f*cking riot (without that bech @Bridgeburner of course) if Hodges doesn't start.

Thanks for the info. Which QB do you want to start?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info. Which QB do you want to start?
I'm one of the aforementioned Stiller Hooplans.

Hodges is our guy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm one of the aforementioned Stiller Hooplans.

Hodges is our guy.

Well if he's the starter next week I don't want to sound biased or anything but I hope he has a bad game. :heh:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D...Joe...agreed. He got beat badly on a deep ball by #12. but QB overthrew him, gave up the TD, getting one of those INTs would've been a nice bounce back....another topic...didn't you think Barron had a S on his sack?

O...remember the play, need to see it again to see what the coverage looked like. I just think 1 target to your TE is insane.
No I think Finley was down at the 1 because of forward progress rules. You can't take a guy into negative yards from where you first wrapped him up.

Side note to your side note... WTF was Barron doin on that play where he got called for 2 separate penalties? I was laughing rather hysterically at how embarrassing that was. He came downhill so fast and then realized too late that the RB was now a receiver. Opted to essentially tackle the dude mid-route.

Barron is bad. I hate how many snaps he gets. Supposedly they like him in coverage better, but he looks very lost in coverage half the time. Gets beat by TEs, RBs, & even FBs all the time. Him & Edmunds are the weakest links on that defense.

O... I'm interested to see what you think on that play after the all-22 tape. And of course your thoughts on the overall game from Rudolph & Hodges separately. I know Hodges struggled as well outside of that TD throw, but it looked like he had a hard time connecting on plays where he rolled out to extend the play. Mainly because it looked like WRs weren't rerouting too well. Couple plays I saw receivers run their routes then just stand there watching the play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont' feel like going through 2 pages of comments. If this was already mentioned my bad.

Why did Rudolph get benched & will he be playing next week?

Why?

In a nutshell...the OFC is just struggling to get any traction at all and Rudolph seems to be regressing sense the big hit he took from Earl Thomas in the BAL game. PIT has scored 66 pts the last 4 games...the OFC has only scored 28 of those and spread pretty evening at 7 per game, DEF has scored 14, and ST has scored 24.

Next week? Probably not starting. I would expect Hodges to start this one against CLE.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he's the starter next week I don't want to sound biased or anything but I hope he has a bad game. :heh:
You should be with @Stakesarehigh in hoping that Rudolph starts. Even a pissy Rudolph looking for revenge will still throw a cluster of INTs and be an overall liability.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

In a nutshell...the OFC is just struggling to get any traction at all and Rudolph seems to be regressing sense the big hit he took from Earl Thomas in the BAL game. PIT has scored 66 pts the last 4 games...the OFC has only scored 28 of those and spread pretty evening at 7 per game, DEF has scored 14, and ST has scored 24.

Next week? Probably not starting. I would expect Hodges to start this one against CLE.

Thanks.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be with @Stakesarehigh in hoping that Rudolph starts. Even a pissy Rudolph looking for revenge will still throw a cluster of INTs and be an overall liability.

I'm surprised that game will be televised out here. It won't matter who's starting. Emotions will be even higher than usual for this rematch. I just hope nothing stupid happens again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think Finley was down at the 1 because of forward progress rules. You can't take a guy into negative yards from where you first wrapped him up.

Side note to your side note... WTF was Barron doin on that play where he got called for 2 separate penalties? I was laughing rather hysterically at how embarrassing that was. He came downhill so fast and then realized too late that the RB was now a receiver. Opted to essentially tackle the dude mid-route.

Barron is bad. I hate how many snaps he gets. Supposedly they like him in coverage better, but he looks very lost in coverage half the time. Gets beat by TEs, RBs, & even FBs all the time. Him & Edmunds are the weakest links on that defense.

O... I'm interested to see what you think on that play after the all-22 tape. And of course your thoughts on the overall game from Rudolph & Hodges separately. I know Hodges struggled as well outside of that TD throw, but it looked like he had a hard time connecting on plays where he rolled out to extend the play. Mainly because it looked like WRs weren't rerouting too well. Couple plays I saw receivers run their routes then just stand there watching the play.

Barron...okay, they got it right then, I thought his momentum was already taking him into the EZ, but after watching it a few more times, he does appear to be planting himself at about the 1 with his last drop back step.

He looked like he was saving himself earlier in the season...I didn't see that all out hustle, actually saw Heyward get in his face one time after a missed play. Of late, his effort hasn't been there. I don't have as much problem with him as you do, especially of late, but this will likely be a one yr deal. I see them probably trying to go back to 3 safeties in the big nickel pkg. He is better than VWill in coverage, but his coverage is nothing to write home about.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't find the replay but there was the one play in the red zone when up 13-10 and Hodges looked in the endzone the whole time while Vannett was open short and they could have gotten the 1st down. Not sure if that was Hodges rookie mistake or if Sphincter's scheme? Either way, the TE didn't seem to be an option on that play at all.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find the replay but there was the one play in the red zone when up 13-10 and Hodges looked in the endzone the whole time while Vannett was open short and they could have gotten the 1st down. Not sure if that was Hodges rookie mistake or if Sphincter's scheme? Either way, the TE didn't seem to be an option on that play at all.
TEs get no love in Fichtner's schemes

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEs get no love in Fichtner's schemes
With young QB's o-coordinators usually rely heavily on the TE but not Pittsburgh. I guess they think checking down to the RB is a better option? Honestly, I would rather have the RB back there to pick up a block to give a young QB more time?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With young QB's o-coordinators usually rely heavily on the TE but not Pittsburgh. I guess they think checking down to the RB is a better option? Honestly, I would rather have the RB back there to pick up a block to give a young QB more time?
Checking down to the RB and forcing throws to Johnny Holton & Tevin Jones. Perfect recipe for success.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you're struggling, you're struggling I guess...on that play I have to assume the #1 read was in the endzone, trying to remember the play...did Duck run instead of throwing it. The coaches tape will come out later today or tomorrow. Vannett and McD should be getting 4 to 5 targets each you would think....DEF is playing zone and your WR1 is out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stuff drives me nuts...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me why the hell McDonald left 2 guys untouched here exactly where the play was designed? Did he think DeCastro was going to take out both? Maybe if DeCastro took the inside guy then McDonald's second level block would have had more merit.

Can't quite tell who messed up more.