• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone else get a bit tense every time that guy was on the field? I swear Marshawn Lynch is hands down the best running back in football right now. It was like every 2 yard run could be stretched to 8 yards. With Marshawn Lynch, their defense and a pretty tame schedule from here on out, Seattle has me looking their way.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way man, your own RB Gore is better than Lynch.

Lynch has 147 carries, 652 yds, 4.4 yd avg, 1 run of 20yds or longer, 2 TDs and 28 1st downs.

Gore has 103 carries, 601 yds, 5.8 yd avg, 5 runs of 20 yds or longer, 4 TDs and 33 1st downs.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is definitely one of the best in the league and one of my favorite runners to watch. He has the same running style that I used to have when I played, just power and speed with not a whole lot of dancing. The guy is amazing and I hate playing against him.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lynch has 147 carries, 652 yds, 4.4 yd avg, 1 run of 20yds or longer, 2 TDs and 28 1st downs.

Gore has 103 carries, 601 yds, 5.8 yd avg, 5 runs of 20 yds or longer, 4 TDs and 33 1st downs.

Gore is having a great year. I can't take anything away from Lynch though, the guy is a beast. You guys have a pretty good one too

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something really clicked in Lynch the last couple seasons. Even in the beginning of his career when he went over 1,000 he wasn't that scary. I think he didn't like playing in Buffalo. But right now he may not be the best back in the NFL, but he sure the scariest for defenders. And he seems to run really well against the Niners. It will be interesting to see how long his body holds up with that style of running though.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's been on fire this year. I was somewhat surprised at the deal they gave him in the off season, but he sure is earning it. In the past (to me at least) it seemed like he would occasionally have his "beast mode" style/signature play, but this year it's pretty consistent. Fun to watch, not fun to play against.

It's so physical though, you have to wonder about potentially getting dinged up. The comparison isn't perfect, but it almost reminds me of Marion Barber's situation a little bit. Dude punished people, but wore down. Lynch looks great right now.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Lynch were runing behind our O'Line he'd have over 900 yards right now.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone else get a bit tense every time that guy was on the field? I swear Marshawn Lynch is hands down the best running back in football right now. It was like every 2 yard run could be stretched to 8 yards. With Marshawn Lynch, their defense and a pretty tame schedule from here on out, Seattle has me looking their way.

Imagine Marshawn with the old Cowboys line from the Superbowl year wooooow, that would of been deadly

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very impressed with Lynch. Don't know how much longer he can last in the league with that style, but he gets every extra yard he can possible get. I would take Gore over Lynch though as a better overall back.

I will admit to being biased as Gore is my favorite 49er RB of all time.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Something really clicked in Lynch the last couple seasons. Even in the beginning of his career when he went over 1,000 he wasn't that scary. I think he didn't like playing in Buffalo.

This is what I was going to say. He wasn't nearly this good in Buffalo, was he? They didn't just let him go, but judging by the stats I think they replaced him with Fred Jackson midseason 2009? He had 13 games played and 6 starts, I don't remember if he was hurt or something.

Looks a lot bigger too, but that part I'm not so sure about.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D was uncharacteristically subpar last night. They were getting pushed at the LOS and our tackling was weak overall.

Lynch will win the battles vs our secondary. Lynch had great run blocking followed by his own excellent carries.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very impressed with Lynch. Don't know how much longer he can last in the league with that style, but he gets every extra yard he can possible get. I would take Gore over Lynch though as a better overall back.

I will admit to being biased as Gore is my favorite 49er RB of all time.

Yeah I agree. I'm not sure how much longer Lynch will be able to hold up to this kind of style of play. I'm hoping for the rest of this year and maybe two more at this level, but that could very well be pushing it. I'd take Marshawn over Gore for the simple fact that Marshawn is 3 years younger. Maybe Gore will turn out to be an outlier, but the stats suggest that Gore doesn't have much time left as an elite running back. As of right now though, he's still got it.

The Seahawks O-line definitely isn't bad when it comes to blocking for runs, but SF's is much better. I'd be curious to see what Lynch's yards after contact is compared to Gore, I'd be willing to bet Lynch has quite a bit more. I know last year Lynch was near the top of league leaders in broken tackles. He might not have quite the skillset of Gore, but he's probably the biggest pain in the ass in the league to tackle. There's not many guys that can consistently run for 100 yards on the Niners D, but Lynch can.

Last edited by a moderator:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks O-line definitely isn't bad when it comes to blocking for runs, but SF's is much better. I'd be curious to see what Lynch's yards after contact is compared to Gore, I'd be willing to bet Lynch has quite a bit more. I know last year Lynch was near the top of league leaders in broken tackles. He might not have quite the skillset of Gore, but he's probably the biggest pain in the ass in the league to tackle. There's not many guys that can consistently run for 100 yards on the Niners D, but Lynch can.

Gore and Lynch are pretty different in terms of styles. Gore is very slick and seems to wiggle the pile forward, or pops out of the pile to fall down for a few yards. Lynch just flat out moves a pile. I think Gore is a better back overall but I would be willing to bet that defenders would rather tackle Gore than Lynch. Either way, they are both really fun guys to watch run the ball.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster, Rice, and a healthy Adrian Peterson are better in my book. I thought LeSean McCoy was going to take that next step this year as well, but he hasn't been able to overcome that struggling OL. Lynch is definitely the best runner after contact, though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The difference between he and Gore is that Lynch punishes you at the end of the run ala Walter Payton; Gore sometimes just falls down; maybe that's smart. Hunter has a nice little burst on him too, doesn't he?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between he and Gore is that Lynch punishes you at the end of the run ala Walter Payton; Gore sometimes just falls down; maybe that's smart. Hunter has a nice little burst on him too, doesn't he?

marshawn-lynch.jpg

With a face like that I assume he spent a lot of time running face first into walls as a kid. It's what makes him so fearless now in the NFL.