• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very impressed with Lynch. Don't know how much longer he can last in the league with that style, but he gets every extra yard he can possible get. I would take Gore over Lynch though as a better overall back.

I will admit to being biased as Gore is my favorite 49er RB of all time.

Good point, but similar to Priest Holmes and other RB's such as Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson, Lynch shared the rock at Cal with Arrington at first, then Jahvid Best later on. He's a punishing running back - just ask Goldson.

With AR12, Lynch, D Jax, and of course, the future HOF in Tony Gonzalez, I never would have imagined Cal alumni having this kind of impact in the NFL. Go Bears!!!

:dunce:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
marshawn-lynch.jpg

With a face like that I assume he spent a lot of time running face first into walls as a kid. It's what makes him so fearless now in the NFL.

Geez, I didn't ralize he was that ugly. Thank goodness for helmets. he looks like a freakin cave man.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch is probably the toughest running back in the NFL, but like many Niners fan's I'll take Gore due to my bias nature.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very impressed with Lynch. Don't know how much longer he can last in the league with that style, but he gets every extra yard he can possible get. I would take Gore over Lynch though as a better overall back.

I will admit to being biased as Gore is my favorite 49er RB of all time.

Hmmmm. Montana, Lott, Rathman, Rice, Young, Haley (also one of my biggest anti-9ers), Young, Hanks (chicken dance; c'mon)...

Not knocking anybody who likes Gore, but he's not in my top-10, and I love what he's brought to the table. There's just so many other great players above him. Not a knock on Gore. He's definitely in the top 20.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. Montana, Lott, Rathman, Rice, Young, Haley (also one of my biggest anti-9ers), Young, Hanks (chicken dance; c'mon)...

Not knocking anybody who likes Gore, but he's not in my top-10, and I love what he's brought to the table. There's just so many other great players above him. Not a knock on Gore. He's definitely in the top 20.

you missed the RB part of favorite 49er RB of all time.

I do think Gore deserves a bit more credit than some of those other guys who played on great teams though. For example, Craig had it easier playing on a team that could take pressure off with a prolific passing attack, while Gore had all his success with teams stacking the box and focusing entirely on him through out his career, and he still produced at a high level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Gore is in my top 10 favorite 49ers.

01. Rice
02. Montana
03. Lott
04. S. Young
05. B. Young
06. Gore
07. Craig
08. Haley
09. Hanks
10. Rathman

Willis will probably be in there soon, maybe even justin smith if he sticks around and keeps this level of play.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd say Gore is in my top 10 favorite 49ers.

01. Rice
02. Montana
03. Lott
04. S. Young
05. B. Young
06. Gore
07. Craig
08. Haley
09. Hanks
10. Rathman

Willis will probably be in there soon, maybe even justin smith if he sticks around and keeps this level of play.

skill players always get the far majority of recognition. thats just the nature of football. :-)