• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch is a camp hold out

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Hawks troll was saying the Hawks were all about the team...blah blah blah?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is big for seattle because Lynch is their offense. With out him they wont score much.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have a very talented team. They more than likely peaked last season,but will be a major threat for a few more seasons. The salary cap will wreak havoc on that roster sooner rather than later

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only big for them if he actually misses games.

Reading comments of some of their fans outside of this site, they seem confident that they dont need him regardless and that Turbin and/or Michael are going to pan out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading comments of some of their fans outside of this site, they seem confident that they dont need him regardless and that Turbin and/or Michael are going to pan out.

I never count on anything past a couple of years in the NFL.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Well that's just because Hawks fans are delusional. Michael and Turbin seem to have some talent, but anyone who thinks those guys will seamlessly replace Lynch is likely in for a rude awakening. Especially if that OL plays the way it did last year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just to add to this a bit, Michael has talent, but he's yet to play a meaningful NFL snap. And Turbin wasn't all that good last year, particularly outside of first down (68 yards on 31 carries for a whopping 2.2 YPC).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch has been getting way too much touches the past 2 seasons and doing so behind a below average oline.

Odds are he is going to decline this year or the next and I dont think he is all that easy to replace

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only big for them if he actually misses games.

Correct.
Seattle's FO is not adversarial towards the players as recent evidence supports that. Marshawn, while highly valued is not speaking from a position having much leverage.
Regarding Christine Michaels, all I can go off of is our GM saying that last year our 2 most explosive players on O really didn't play, Harvin and CM.
Schneider is usually reserved when talking about our players that haven't yet contributed so I believe there is something to read into his statement.
You guys should read "what a bunch of unproven crap" regarding that same statement.
All of this will soon shake out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct.
Seattle's FO is not adversarial towards the players as recent evidence supports that. Marshawn, while highly valued is not speaking from a position having much leverage.
Regarding Christine Michaels, all I can go off of is our GM saying that last year our 2 most explosive players on O really didn't play, Harvin and CM.
Schneider is usually reserved when talking about our players that haven't yet contributed so I believe there is something to read into his statement.
You guys should read "what a bunch of unproven crap" regarding that same statement.

I would say he has plenty of leverage at this point. He was one of the major reasons they just won a Super Bowl and while they have some potential behind him you don't usually just replace a top-5 player at his position. Especially one that fits the style that Seattle wants to run in the bruising type that can especially close out games.
So Seattle's offense takes a big hit if he decides not to play.

Trade value wise I have no idea what he is worth. Yes he is pretty darn good but at the same time trading say a draft pick for a 28 year old running back is like trading a draft pick for a 32 or older say Corner coming off a good year. You know the best years are behind them and at best you are going to get a year or two of production. Plus his contract makes him a bit pricey after this year. So a trade is made difficult.

Throw in the team being in a Super Bowl window it would be hard not to have one of your best players. Hurts the chances of a repeat.

He also has said he has plenty of money for himself so that is not the worry in this situation. The money sounds like it is for his foundation more than anything but my guess is if the Seahawks hold out on him just the publicity from this situation alone will probably raise quite a bit of money for the organization.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he has plenty of leverage at this point. He was one of the major reasons they just won a Super Bowl and while they have some potential behind him you don't usually just replace a top-5 player at his position. Especially one that fits the style that Seattle wants to run in the bruising type that can especially close out games.
So Seattle's offense takes a big hit if he decides not to play.

Trade value wise I have no idea what he is worth. Yes he is pretty darn good but at the same time trading say a draft pick for a 28 year old running back is like trading a draft pick for a 32 or older say Corner coming off a good year. You know the best years are behind them and at best you are going to get a year or two of production. Plus his contract makes him a bit pricey after this year. So a trade is made difficult.

Throw in the team being in a Super Bowl window it would be hard not to have one of your best players. Hurts the chances of a repeat.

He also has said he has plenty of money for himself so that is not the worry in this situation. The money sounds like it is for his foundation more than anything but my guess is if the Seahawks hold out on him just the publicity from this situation alone will probably raise quite a bit of money for the organization.

I have seen firsthand from the 49ers over the years, trade value drops even further when you are trying to trade a player who is either disgruntled or who is holding out.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Correct.

There's no denying Michael has physical talent. I just can't help but think of Chris Henry (the RB) when Hawks fans talk up Michael. Michael was much more productive in college than Henry, and I certainly don't expect him to drop off the planet after 32 career carries the way Henry did. But the way they lit up the combine is similar IMO.

Michael couldn't stay healthy in college. And while his per game numbers look very good, he played a lot of games against the Stephen Austins and Louisiana Techs of the world, and was injured for a lot of the Nebraskas and LSUs. And he more reliant on the big play for his production than most. That's true of all RBs to some extent, but just eyeballing his numbers, it seems particularly true of Michael. Now, he's got the speed to break big plays with some regularity, but I don't think he's going to consistently produce the three- or four-yard gains Lynch has been so good at churning out behind a suspect OL. And that's going to be a problem for the Hawks' offense unless Wilson makes a big jump.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lynch (or maybe more accurate the running game) was the 2nd most important player for the Seahawks behind Earl Thomas imo.

I don't blame the Hawks for not giving him a new deal but I think it will hurt if Michael doesn't come close to Lynch's production.

Normally I would say the Hawks have nothing to worry about and Lynch is going to be there for the regular season but he's a strange cat and I wouldn't be shocked if he just retires if he doesn't get what he wants.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to bet money Lynch is going to back down. How often do players walk away from that kind of money

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I had to bet money Lynch is going to back down. How often do players walk away from that kind of money

Normally I'd agree, and obviously that's the likely outcome. But Lynch is a different kind of cat. It wouldn't shock me if he decided to walk away.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pete Carroll on Marshawn Lynch: It?s called a contract for a reason | ProFootballTalk

This one made me laugh and Pete just had his "Above Reproach" moment here.

I'm totally sure you were planning on completely honoring his contract and paying Lynch 9 million next season and not going to cut him Pete.

I did enjoy this. Exactly where my mind went.

Red Bryant, Chris Clemons and other players released by the Seahawks with time and money left on their contract would probably be interested to know that the Seahawks’ policy is to honor every contract until the moment it expires, especially since they were doing Lynch one better and showing up for work before they were cut loose. USC might feel the same way about Carroll leaving the school for the Seahawks while still under contract.