• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn Lynch is a camp hold out

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
NOT when he play's the Seahawks!! lol I've seen enough of his dam burn us for 90 yards aZZ! I noticed he hasn't been doing that when we've met up like he was before... Still elusive but just didn't have the same speed and was getting caught from behind more when he did find a hole.... Obviously you've watched him more than I have.... But he's been the one running back that's given us serious problems over the years... He's not quit the threat he once was... He's still a good back though...

There were a couple years there where I thought Jordan Babineaux literally could not tackle Frank Gore.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.... Gore has played us tough over the years... Can't say I'll miss him when he finally retires... :) He's had a helluva good career though, respect the guy....

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I just love this:

Want a little statistical proof?

The Seahawks played seven games last season when Lynch rushed for fewer than 70 yards. They were 7-0 in those games.

It's good on so many levels. First, 70 is an awfully convenient cut-off, as he ran for 71 and 72 in two of three losses.

Beyond that, even when Lynch wasn't having big games, how much of the team's offensive success came as a results of teams stacking the box to stop him, and biting hard on play action? How many times did the defense get a few minutes longer to rest when he picked up that tough first down? I think it's tough to overstate how important Lynch was to that offense last year, and here the Hawks' ESPN beat man is grossly understating it. Typical of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love this:

Want a little statistical proof?

The Seahawks played seven games last season when Lynch rushed for fewer than 70 yards. They were 7-0 in those games.

It's good on so many levels. First, 70 is an awfully convenient cut-off, as he ran for 71 and 72 in two of three losses.

Beyond that, even when Lynch wasn't having big games, how much of the team's offensive success came as a results of teams stacking the box to stop him, and biting hard on play action? How many times did the defense get a few minutes longer to rest when he picked up that tough first down? I think it's tough to overstate how important Lynch was to that offense last year, and here the Hawks' ESPN beat man is grossly understating it. Typical of him.

Nice homer piece. He sure makes assumptions.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Exactly

Which is why I felt Lynch was/is the second most important player on the team right now.

Lynch's ability to run and run so physically forces defenses to invest a lot of resources into stopping the run which makes Wilson's job far more easier. Not to mention it controls the clock and allows the defense to catch their breath and clean up any issues they are seeing on the sidelines.

The Seahawks are still a great team without Lynch and if Michael can step in they won't miss a beat and if Harvin can stay on the field for them they won't be as dependent on the running game to win but I don't see them being able to repeat without a continued strong running attack like they've had.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Figured this was as good a place to put this as any. More Blount homerism. I don't really like any of the ESPN bloggers these days (admittedly haven't really followed anyone out of the division), but Blount is almost certainly the worst. Just panders to the home crowd. Literally no objectivity at all.

On first pick Paul Richardson:

It's hard to imagine how Richardson could have done more to impress everyone in the organization. The Seahawks drafted the receiver because of his blazing speed, and Richardson consistently has shown what he can do with that 4.3 speed. He flew right by defenders on two long touchdown receptions in practice on Tuesday. The only knock is his thin frame, but you have to catch him to hit him.

I get that Richardson is fast and has had some very nice, long TDs. As I see it, that was kind of the baseline expectation for him. For him to truly impress - at least to the level that Blount is talking about - he'd need to not only get open deep, but showcase the ability to run a range of routes at all depths, and at least be passable in terms of ability to hold up in blocking, beating the jam, etc.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, and Lynch is back at Hawks camp. I don't believe he's practiced yet, but we'll see what happens.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I knew he woild. Did you see the thread on the General Message Board about it? A total shitfest.

I was just reading that. Very entertaining. :pop2:

Those Seahawks posters are so sensitive. They get a SB and a few guys becomes mods and they start thinking they run this place.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reading that. Very entertaining. :pop2:

Those Seahawks posters are so sensitive. They get a SB and a few guys becomes mods and they start thinking they run this place.

LOL, a Seahawk poster starts a thread about it on the General Message Board about Lynch and when a couple of people who reply are called Seahawk obsessed. Don't post it there, duh.