• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chase watch

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB is obviously the most important piece. If the Vikings had a healthy Joe Burrow, he would have cooked with or without Jefferson.... I think that is mostly true for the Bengals as well. Burrow has been fine without Chase. Is it optimal? No. But it's not like the offense shuts down without him.
You are 100% right.

Last point is where I've been at - Is it what you want? Of course not. Does it derail the offense? Not at all.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend of a friend that says the Chase deal is done and will be announced today. Of course, I'm just a random dude on the internet and the Brown family is more secretive than any other ownership group in the league, so you have to take it for what it's worth. In this case, I generally trust this source and the timing certainly makes sense. We'll see.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend of a friend that says the Chase deal is done and will be announced today. Of course, I'm just a random dude on the internet and the Brown family is more secretive than any other ownership group in the league, so you have to take it for what it's worth. In this case, I generally trust this source and the timing certainly makes sense. We'll see.
Lockdownmemes.gif

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We announced the Burrow extension moments before Opening Kickoff a few years back.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Birthday to me. You're all welcome. Now, let's see the details to determine if I am pissed or good to go.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Birthday to me. You're all welcome. Now, let's see the details to determine if I am pissed or good to go.
HBD....

And if he's signed, let's just be happy. NFL money isn't even real to begin with - so what takes up cap today is not tomorrow....let's just be happy that JB to JC will continue to lead this offense for the foreseeable future.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HBD....

And if he's signed, let's just be happy. NFL money isn't even real to begin with - so what takes up cap today is not tomorrow....let's just be happy that JB to JC will continue to lead this offense for the foreseeable future.
Besides, no reason to get all up in arms about the deal.... He'll be signed for the next 6 years, so we'll most certainly revisit his contract with a hold-in during training camp of 2026.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals should troll the national media and send a picture of our stadium without scoreboards and tell the world that we sold off the scoreboards and Mike Brown's 12-year old Chevy to pay for Chase.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals should troll the national media and send a picture of our stadium without scoreboards and tell the world that we sold off the scoreboards and Mike Brown's 12-year old Chevy to pay for Chase.
they were legit selling the old tv monitors.

those 30$ beers should help recoup the cost.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I began this process figuring the Bengals wouldn't and probably shouldn't sign Chase this offseason - Given that they still had 2 years on his rookie deal and given the perceived demands. But at this point, I really wish they would just push it over the goal-line. No matter how this current season plays out, I'm not sure it will be in the best interest of the club to go through the exact same scenario next offseason. And I don't think the deal is going to get any cheaper - Unless Chase has a miserable season and even that wouldnt' change his market value too much as it would probably be attributed to circumstances surrounding his negotiations.

We finally had a chance to have a normal start to a season and we just couldn't do it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, they already have a list of excuses to why they're going to lose tomorrow.

and they better not lose, or I'm gonna beat somebodies ass.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve bit my tongue on this for a couple months now.

This whole situation feels like same ol’ Bengals to me.

First they wouldn’t pay Jessie Bates cause they needed to pay Tee.

Then they wouldn’t pay Tee cause Ja’Marr was gonna command a record deal.

Now they can’t get Ja’Marr done in time because??

How much of this is Ja’Marr and his agent and how much is the Bengals FO depends on who you ask. But the frame work is there for a deal. It’s been there. JJ has his money. Lamb has his money. Waddle, Devonta and Aiyuk have all been paid. All got big guaranteed money. Hell the 49ers even got Trent Williams paid and happy before the opener!

Meanwhile the Bengals with their most important player besides their QB? In a supposed championship window? With Burrow finally completing a healthy offseason and camp? About to start Week 1 with Trenton Irwin as their top receiver. Embarassing.

2021 continues to get further and further in the rear view mirror.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we'll disagree on this - and that's ok...I just think that the Bengals are set up this year to weather a Chase hold-out more so than the Vikings were last year had Jefferson not played...but thankfully - I don't know if it'll matter because Chase decided to practice today - and is on track to be in the starting lineup Sunday.....
I'm sorry @Cincyfan78 but our receivers outside of Tee and Chase are not good. Chuck Simmer should be cut immediately. TI is a nice story and a 5th receiver. Yoshi has potential but not high-end potential. This is painful to watch.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much. we heard a lot of hype in the offseason, and it hasn't amounted to jack squat yet.

at least chase played, but imagine if he was actually practicing, and that translated into one more first down and a win.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much. we heard a lot of hype in the offseason, and it hasn't amounted to jack squat yet.

at least chase played, but imagine if he was actually practicing, and that translated into one more first down and a win.
I shutter to think what that offense would look like without Chase. At the very least, he had two guys following him most of the day which theoretically should have opened up the rest of the field. But apparently the only guys that were open were the check-downs.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry @Cincyfan78 but our receivers outside of Tee and Chase are not good. Chuck Simmer should be cut immediately. TI is a nice story and a 5th receiver. Yoshi has potential but not high-end potential. This is painful to watch.
The offense as a whole looks like they haven't played since 2023...which, I mean - they really haven't.

Burrow has almost no time - and if you look at the post-presser, he laments missing guys - which he did all day. Because he wasn't prepared for game day. Because they didn't let him plan in any practice games other than 1 drive like 2 months ago.

Shit is old with Taylor. Bengals win because they have Burrow and an elite WR - but if things don't get figured out in a hurry under this coaching staff - I'm not wasting the Burrow window waiting for Taylor to figure it out in years 6-7-8.

He talks A LOT about what needs to happen. He RARELY does anything different. He talks the talk - but does not walk the walk. I'm tired of his act.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I said it quite a few times in the off-season. The play was to trade Higgins, use his money for Chase, draft a WR early. Everyone wins in that scenario

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense as a whole looks like they haven't played since 2023...which, I mean - they really haven't.

Burrow has almost no time - and if you look at the post-presser, he laments missing guys - which he did all day. Because he wasn't prepared for game day. Because they didn't let him plan in any practice games other than 1 drive like 2 months ago.

Shit is old with Taylor. Bengals win because they have Burrow and an elite WR - but if things don't get figured out in a hurry under this coaching staff - I'm not wasting the Burrow window waiting for Taylor to figure it out in years 6-7-8.

He talks A LOT about what needs to happen. He RARELY does anything different. He talks the talk - but does not walk the walk. I'm tired of his act.
Burrow had the third best protection he has had in his career. Maybe he just didn't pull the trigger.... Or maybe guys aren't open because they aren't good. Time will tell. But for me, I just haven't seen much out of guys that aren't named Chase and Higgins.