• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chase watch

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people understand what Chase does for the offense. The D rotates to his side on 90% or more of plays. The reason why there are so many options open is that Chase absorbs coverage and they run patterns behind him. Do people really believe that Gisecki beats his defender by 5 steps?
I understand. Chase demands attention and he is doubled damn near every play, which opens things up. No doubt. I just don't want us getting into more Corey Dillon type of scenario where he is throwing his shit in the stands and quitting. Ja'marr just seems like a guy that would throw a tantrum. I am okay with him staying too, I just am seeing this start to go sideways after the offseason and training camp. It is all boiling over. He is not getting many touches, he is never open, his frustration is taking over, his mouth will start running soon.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of thoughts:

Chase looks like he was in pre-season game 2....which is....probably about right. Same with Burrow.

Chase has been open, Burrow has missed him.

Chase cannot lose his cool like he did. That hurt the team and took a 3rd and 7 to a 3rd and 22. That was a big play because 3rd and 7 is at least makeable - compared to the % of 3rd and 22.

Chase does open things up - but he also needs to be moved around more. I saw him in the slot some this weekend, and that is a good move. They can't just use Chase and pigeon hole him for certain routes. They have to design ways to get him open. This is where Taylor gets less out of more...because moving Chase around and creating mis-matches should be one of the easiest things to draw up as an offensive play-caller. Instead, Taylor is very basic and bland and relies on Burrow and Chase to get it done regardless....

Burrow still doesn't look like Burrow. He has an easy 12 yard TD run, and passed it up to force a pass to Irwin that clanged off his mask. Oddly enough, while he didn't run there, he was very quick at times, still, to lower his eyes and take off running. He's still feeling pressure when it's not quite there yet, and in the past would stand a lot taller in the pocket. This year he's taking off quite a bit sooner and it shows.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even with the talent level of these guys, practice reps do matter. to believe that they don't, is how you lose by 1 point in a game that most of the team performed well in. I guess he was the best decoy ever, that's great.