• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Smart

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Superfan" claims that he called Smart "a piece of crap" but never uttered the racial slur.

As I said before, the suspension of Smart had to happen. A precedent set that excused a player putting his hands on a fan for any reason would be an absolute nightmare for college basketball.

As for the fan, dude......grow up already. 50 year old men heckling 19 year old kids for any reason is pathetic. Root for your team but be the adult you are supposed to be.

And to Texas Tech. You might want to reconsider your standards when you choose a "superfan" to promote as a representative of your university.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waiting for that fat white dude to apologize for calling Smart a n*****.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be waiting a long time because he says the n word was not what he said.

He said...he said.....we don't know for sure what was said.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Superfan" claims that he called Smart "a piece of crap" but never uttered the racial slur.

As I said before, the suspension of Smart had to happen. A precedent set that excused a player putting his hands on a fan for any reason would be an absolute nightmare for college basketball.

As for the fan, dude......grow up already. 50 year old men heckling 19 year old kids for any reason is pathetic. Root for your team but be the adult you are supposed to be.

And to Texas Tech. You might want to reconsider your standards when you choose a "superfan" to promote as a representative of your university.

Mehhh. How many times you been at a game where fans are yelling "fuck you" or "horse shit" or whatever.... I mean seriously, some grandpa called me a "piece of crap." Seriously, that's it???

Kid needs to grow up.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mehhh. How many times you been at a game where fans are yelling "fuck you" or "horse shit" or whatever.... I mean seriously, some grandpa called me a "piece of crap." Seriously, that's it???

Kid needs to grow up.

Not sure I really believe "Superfan" here.

That being said, players can't assault fans in the stands, regardless of what was said.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the punishment is fair except I would have made where he does not travel with the team for road games. This way you do not risk something like this happening again. Travis Ford should be fired after this is season is over. The reason for this is because he was not a good teacher at teaching players at how to act when they on the court playing basketball.

Wow, must be nice to be the perfect human being. The suspension was handed down and I think it is fair. FIRE the coach? This was an incident in a heated situation that got out of hand. Has any of you kids done something that the needed punished for? Should you be FIRED as a parent for not teaching them not to do the thing they did? Dumb statement on firing the coach.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kid needs to grow up.

Hizzle, I completely respect your opinion. As a fellow Laker fan, I was hoping to grab Smart. But even if that fan DID say a racial slur, he'll never admit it and we'll never know.

I guess my point is that I'm sure Smart didn't react completely just for shits and giggles, I think there are 2 sides. One guy was punished, the other wasn't. :2cents:

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you like St. Louis, Green Bay and Boston?

lol

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the punishment is fair except I would have made where he does not travel with the team for road games. This way you do not risk something like this happening again. Travis Ford should be fired after this is season is over. The reason for this is because he was not a good teacher at teaching players at how to act when they on the court playing basketball.

Fire the coach????

No offense but this is the dumbest thing I have possibly ever heard.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck does that have to do with this thread?

That really made you mad? I mean REALLY?

It was just a thought that popped in my head. What am I supposed to do? PM you about it? Start a new thread about it? It was a simple innocent question that I asked in a nice way.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Superfan" Jeff Orr has volunteered not to attend any more Texas Tech home games this year.

Nice bail out. Sounds like he is afraid to put his left hand on the bible and raise his right hand under oath.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really made you mad? I mean REALLY?

It was just a thought that popped in my head. What am I supposed to do? PM you about it? Start a new thread about it? It was a simple innocent question that I asked in a nice way.

Not mad, it just "popped in my head" that that question was alien to what we were talking about...Typical Chicago fan. THAT's why I root for who I do. I live in Illinois and root against every team in Chicago. Just my opinion.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hizzle, I completely respect your opinion. As a fellow Laker fan, I was hoping to grab Smart. But even if that fan DID say a racial slur, he'll never admit it and we'll never know.

I guess my point is that I'm sure Smart didn't react completely just for shits and giggles, I think there are 2 sides. One guy was punished, the other wasn't. :2cents:

Well, it sounds like Orr won't be attending the games for the rest of the season. I'm not sure what else you could want to happen in this situation.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not mad, it just "popped in my head" that that question was alien to what we were talking about...Typical Chicago fan. THAT's why I root for who I do. I live in Illinois and root against every team in Chicago. Just my opinion.

You need to try harder to piss off this Chicago fan. When you have over 3 million people living in the same city you get a few bad cookies. Nothing we are not used to.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahahaaha, when I saw that question of his I thought: Maybe the guy just hates Chicago teams.

I was right!!!!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't know if anything else was said, but it does indeed sound like Orr shouted "piece of crap."

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5tqqJ_h7ak[/YOUTUBE]

h/t cbssports.com

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Seriously? My team's game is on the line. My team's season is on the line. My future including millions of dollars is on the line. And I give so much a fuck about what one opposing grandpa calling me a bad name, that I am willing to risk it all and assault the old dude? :wtf2:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why stop at Ford? Fire the AD and School President too. They should have known better than to hire a coach who can't control his players. Throw Smart's parents in jail while you're at it. His behavior is clear evidence of bad parenting/neglect.

:rollseyes: