• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Smart

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douggie, dont you think some of this happens at heels vs Duke games? I bet it does at both places.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can guarantee that security at every venue will be increased. Every Athletic Director in the country watched this episode. Every Coach, every player, and every Arena Administrative Personnel saw this play out. There will be a heightened sense of who is yelling at players during games. There is usually at least one dude setting behind every bench looking for potential trouble. I've seen them looking into the crowd with backs turned to the game. I would imagine there being several surrounding the courts from here on.

I hear what you are saying, but how would that have stopped this incident?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, agree with all that. IMO, buying a ticket does not give a person the right to get ugly at these games...and we all have seen it. Even in Pee Wee games, the adults act like fools at times. Maybe there will be some good come from all this and that would be the responsibility of security to toss unruly fans.

I don't think they do NEARLY enough of this. I even see it way too much at the high school level. These kids do a pretty good job of letting it roll off their back, but they shouldn't have to. Smart's a guy that gave up a spot in the NBA to come back and play for a title only to watch a promising season slip away. At the end of hard fought game he JUST misses a chance to block the game winning shot in a game they should have won. This guy picked the worst time to name-call. What is it about sports that seems to bring out the worst in people anyways...?? and it really only happens when their team is winning.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they do NEARLY enough of this. I even see it way too much at the high school level. These kids do a pretty good job of letting it roll off their back, but they shouldn't have to. Smart's a guy that gave up a spot in the NBA to come back and play for a title only to watch a promising season slip away. At the end of hard fought game he JUST misses a chance to block the game winning shot in a game they should have won. This guy picked the worst time to name-call. What is it about sports that seems to bring out the worst in people anyways...?? and it really only happens when their team is winning.

Unless you are an ASU fan. Then the worst is simply always there haha

Will they try spitting on Sean Miller on Friday? I can only hope he sees it, dodges it, and it hit's a Pac-12 official right in the face (preferably the Pac-12 official that T'd up coach in the Pac-12 tourney last year for the infamous "HE TOUCHED THE BALL, HE TOUCHED THE BALL" quote).

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Knight giving a "self-control" lecture on this event.... :laugh3:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not mad at Smart for doing what he did.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douggie, dont you think some of this happens at heels vs Duke games? I bet it does at both places.

Are you talking about players and fans contact or verbal confrontations between fans and players or players shoving fans? I have never seen an incident like this anywhere. I remember some close quarters at Carmichael years ago and even Cameron now, but have never seen a player in college go after a fan. Only thing that comes close is the fan who threw a beer on Artest in the Pacers game. The only thing close in college was last year the Henderson kid taunting fans. But there were no hands put on a player or fan in that particular incident.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you are saying, but how would that have stopped this incident?

I don't think anything would actually "stop" an incident. Only deter an incident. I go into my bank. They have monitors, armed guards, security glass. All these things are to deter crime. It doesn't mean they stop a robbery. But added security would definitely deter a fan or stop an escalation from happening.

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about players and fans contact or verbal confrontations between fans and players or players shoving fans? I have never seen an incident like this anywhere. I remember some close quarters at Carmichael years ago and even Cameron now, but have never seen a player in college go after a fan. Only thing that comes close is the fan who threw a beer on Artest in the Pacers game. The only thing close in college was last year the Henderson kid taunting fans. But there were no hands put on a player or fan in that particular incident.
I'm talking about fans abusing players. I'm sure it happens everywhere. Not contact, just mouthing.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know know terrible things are said at sporing events. You buy a ticket, and you have a right to boo if you want. But, it crosses a line if you're tossing racial slurs at an opposing player. Marcus Smart shouldn't have done it, but I understand why he did it. The Texas Tech fan and Marcus Smart are both wrong. I'm okay with Smart being suspended 3 games. I also hope the fan gets some kind of punishment, because it's not like he's completely innocent. Marcus Smart has to be careful, this is the kind of thing that can follow him around for the rest of his career.

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know know terrible things are said at sporing events. You buy a ticket, and you have a right to boo if you want. But, it crosses a line if you're tossing racial slurs at an opposing player. Marcus Smart shouldn't have done it, but I understand why he did it. The Texas Tech fan and Marcus Smart are both wrong. I'm okay with Smart being suspended 3 games. I also hope the fan gets some kind of punishment, because it's not like he's completely innocent. Marcus Smart has to be careful, this is the kind of thing that can follow him around for the rest of his career.
The fan is not going to any Tech games for the rest of the year, home or away. He is a season ticket holder, so I would say he is getting hit in the pocket book.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fight years ago between Xavier and Cinci was 100x worse! I remember watching a KO punch that probably could have killed that kid if it landed in the right place(can't remember names). To me, that was WAY worse. The more I watch this, Smart barely gave that guy a tap.. and in no way tried to really harm him. If Smart really wanted to, he could have easily pulled a ron artest, crawled up into that stands and started beating some _ss.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about fans abusing players. I'm sure it happens everywhere. Not contact, just mouthing.

That goes without saying. Since the beginning of time people have run their mouths jeering others. When Noah built the Arc all those bastards who never learned to swim jeered his ass constantly.