• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Smart

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's giv Marcus some credit....if I lost to TTU I would have killed somebody. Dude is a saint IMO!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's giv Marcus some credit....if I lost to TTU I would have killed somebody. Dude is a saint IMO!

Does Texas Tech really have a deaf kid?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Gottleib: "It wasn't the N word".

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Gottleib: "It wasn't the N word".

hhhmmmmmm.....that or a your mamma joke would be about the only thing that would have let me give him a pass. Other than that, his ass should be in a lot of trouble.

douggie...when are you taking that lame avi down?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounding like he said "Go back to Africa" if you read his lips that does look like it could be right.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hhhmmmmmm.....that or a your mamma joke would be about the only thing that would have let me give him a pass. Other than that, his ass should be in a lot of trouble.

douggie...when are you taking that lame avi down?

I'm still under he Cuse spell. Soon. I'm still working on it. Good luck against Clemson.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounding like he said "Go back to Africa" if you read his lips that does look like it could be right.

Could have been that or anything. Regardless, it made Smart lose his cool. That was his purpose apparently.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Smart pull the race card out. He will use it as an excuse even if it's not what the guy said.

There's no excuse for what he did no matter what the guy said.

https://twitter.com/KellyHinesTW/statuses/432396350114627584

h/t deadspin

Last edited by a moderator:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the guy went racist....he should be banned from college hoops. I would want absolute proof, like collaborating stories from a few people, but a permaban wouldn't bother me one bit. Hope he loses something like his remaining season tickets or something at a minimum.

And Smart should see a one or two game suspension as well. With that said, I don't for a second think Smart pushed him just for shits and grins. The guy said something.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF...IF the guy called him the N word, I believe Smart would have been justified to hit him in the mouth. Just because a fan pays money to go to a game doesn't give them the right to say things like that, even at a pro game, and certainly not at a college game. I'm guessing if the Tech fan were walking down main street with no one else around, he wouldn't walk up to the nearest 6'5'' guy he saw and drop the N word on him. Why? Because he'd get his ass kicked on the spot, and he knows it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Smart pull the race card out. He will use it as an excuse even if it's not what the guy said.

There's no excuse for what he did no matter what the guy said.

You sure about that? You're walking down the street, and some guy walks up and says your wife can't get enough of him. So you'll say, ''good for you Mate, she's a freak''. I don't think so

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about that? You're walking down the street, and some guy walks up and says your wife can't get enough of him. So you'll say, ''good for you Mate, she's a freak''. I don't think so

Walking down the street and playing in a D-1 college basketball game are two completely different scenarios. The fan is an asshole and probably deserved a shot to the jaw, but not from someone trying to go pro next year. Gotta keep your composure.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what the fan said, Smart has to be suspended. You excuse one player who physically attacks a fan and you will set a precedent that will allow any player to justifiably attack any fan at the slightest provocation.

It would create a very ugly situation in college basketball.

That being said, Texas Tech has an obligation to find out the truth of the accusation of racial heckling and put an end to it if it is true.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the guy went racist....he should be banned from college hoops. I would want absolute proof, like collaborating stories from a few people, but a permaban wouldn't bother me one bit. Hope he loses something like his remaining season tickets or something at a minimum.

And Smart should see a one or two game suspension as well. With that said, I don't for a second think Smart pushed him just for shits and grins. The guy said something.

If the guy said the N word, don’t you think Smart would have had a MORE violent reaction? That’s the way I read it. I can’t see that going down with just a quick shove. My guess would be the guy said something about choking or flopping or criticized his game or just the fact that it was “game over”. Immature kid who let the crowd get the best of him. NBA owners take notice.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the guy said the N word, don’t you think Smart would have had a MORE violent reaction? That’s the way I read it. I can’t see that going down with just a quick shove. My guess would be the guy said something about choking or flopping or criticized his game or just the fact that it was “game over”. Immature kid who let the crowd get the best of him. NBA owners take notice.

I don't know what the guy said humpy. I don't think Smart should have touched him for any reason.

If you are correct and all it took was the guy saying something about choking, Smart should be kicked off the team and his scholarship pulled.

Someone is way out of line. If it was racist, Smart gets enough of a pass from me to suffer only a game or two suspension. He must learn there is nothing a person can say that warrants a physical response.

If it wasn't something as extreme as racism or a threat on his family...then Smart ass should be in a major sling.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the replay...the fan said something to him that sparked this, we will never know what he said. The fan is a court side fan paying big bucks for those seat. Again, not condoning the reaction, but do you really think a player would do that to a fan without being provoked????

You have to control yourself in that situation! Easier said than done but you really can't do that. He is not using his head at all and certainly not living up to his last name.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he said the N word, I would give Smart a pass. All athletes have to listen to horrible name calling at some point, but typically it's from so far away, you either don't know if it's meant directly for you or who exactly said it. Smart made a hustle play which carried him into the stands. At that moment, with the game on the line, a college kid in an intense moment, and while he's down, a guy pops out the N word? The fan is the one in the wrong. Buying a ticket gives you the right to boo, not call kids that name

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this was coming. God damn racist white fuckers. I fucking hate white people. Die whitey die die die die whitey die!!!!!!!!

Excuses for all Excuses for all!!! Die white man die!!!!

No accountability ever!!!