• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning to Part ways tomorrow

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh PLEEEEEEEEASE let it happen!
beggingdodg.jpg

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco confirms that the 49ers have an "offer on the table" to free agent Alex Smith and are not interested in Peyton Manning.

This is just moronic. They're being idealistic and dumb. They think they have a good shot at winning a SB with Alex. That's stupid.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco confirms that the 49ers have an "offer on the table" to free agent Alex Smith and are not interested in Peyton Manning.

This is just moronic. They're being idealistic and dumb. They think they have a good shot at winning a SB with Alex. That's stupid.

we already had a good shot...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers did about as well as they possibly could have last year, and that still wasn't enough. They're downright stupid for not going after Manning.

manning is a huge risk and could be an expensive one

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did as well as they possibly could have? What an odd statement, we could probably sit here and brainstorm 500 ways they could improve.

Anyways, we could surely go back and find "we need to go get Kolb" or "we need to go get Orton" and so on and so forth from all the same people. Its not a matter of getting a better QB than Smith necessarily, its about getting someone else, period.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a risk that makes the Niners the clear favourites to win the SB if it works out.

any upgrades on offense without subtracting from the d would make us a favorite. i'm assuming there's work going on behind the scenes, like talking to doctors about the procedures manning had and how likely it is that he would fully recover.

we already drafted damaged goods in crabtree...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's just ridiculous. I'm livid. What's the worst that can happen if we inquire? Hurt Alex's feelings? If Manning goes on to tear the league up again while we we wait for 195 yard 1 TD per game Alex to take us to the SB ill never forgive them.

Honestly, whats the worst that can happen if we give Manning a big contract? If he's 60-70% he's a still a good QB. If he's the old Manning we become one the best Niner teams ever. If he goes on another team and rips it were gonna regret. I dont think we have to worry about Alex doing that.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Harbaugh is not going to allow Manning to take over his team. It simply cannot happen.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is not going to allow Manning to take over his team. It simply cannot happen.

100% agreed. It could be his ego, but maybe Harbaugh believes that Alex can improve from last year's play. I have my doubts, but I'll keep rooting for the Niners. If Manning goes to the Dolphins and leads them to the Super Bowl, then I'll be livid.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agreed. It could be his ego, but maybe Harbaugh believes that Alex can improve from last year's play. I have my doubts, but I'll keep rooting for the Niners. If Manning goes to the Dolphins and leads them to the Super Bowl, then I'll be livid.

Hard not to improve on 29th ranked passing offense

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just ridiculous. I'm livid. What's the worst that can happen if we inquire? Hurt Alex's feelings? If Manning goes on to tear the league up again while we we wait for 195 yard 1 TD per game Alex to take us to the SB ill never forgive them.

Honestly, whats the worst that can happen if we give Manning a big contract? If he's 60-70% he's a still a good QB. If he's the old Manning we become one the best Niner teams ever. If he goes on another team and rips it were gonna regret. I dont think we have to worry about Alex doing that.

the worst that can happen is manning ends up retiring

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off please stop saying "his ego" thats just dumb this is a business and he is not the GM Trent calls the personnel shots not jim all he can give is a opinion. if he called the shots his tittle would be GM/coach and its not!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Alex should improve on his play from last season but I can't see him ever reaching Peyton Manning levels so it's stupid to not at least inquire and get a look at him.

It just makes too much sense to not go for Peyton Manning.

Sign Manning to a contract that is structured in a way they can easily get out of it without penalty and either:

A) He goes back to being Peyton Manning and we become arguably the scariest team in the league and odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl.

B) He sucks or gets injured than we dump him and go with Kaepernick who's the heir apparent anyways.

Either way the reward is by far greater than the risk.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex should improve on his play from last season but I can't see him ever reaching Peyton Manning levels so it's stupid to not at least inquire and get a look at him.

It just makes too much sense to not go for Peyton Manning.

Sign Manning to a contract that is structured in a way they can easily get out of it without penalty and either:

A) He goes back to being Peyton Manning and we become arguably the scariest team in the league and odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl.

B) He sucks or gets injured than we dump him and go with Kaepernick who's the heir apparent anyways.

Either way the reward is by far greater than the risk.

Took the words right out my mouth +1

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't imagine a meeting where harbaugh and baalke are talking about qbs and they decide their better off with alex over Peyton

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If this is true I think it's ridiculous. I'm not saying go and throw as much cash as possible at Manning, but how are we not even interested? They owe it to the fans to research Manning's situation and, at the very least, inquire about what could be the best QB to ever hit FA.

But we're not shutting the door on Moss? Because Alex will be able to consistently hit him deep, right?

Makes no fuckin sense.

Yo clyde am so feeling you on this one WTF is going on this doesent make any sense can maicoo or some repoter get a comment from49ers regarding peyton im like today post peyton s news conference :yell: