• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning to Part ways tomorrow

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that Wayne a little bit overrated. At one time people were saying he was a top 3 receiver in the league. I was like Oh My...!

Manning, can have the same affect on Crabtree as well. A healthy Manning would make Crabtree look like a so called top-3 receiver in the league. lol.

not gonna happen. wayne is 100x better than crabtree.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Again, there is no way Manning will be a Niner. Harbaugh's ego will not allow it.

I see your point there! Did Manning take over Harbaugh's starting position with the Colts when Manning was a rookie? I don't remember.

Nonetheless, they were both long time Colts QBs and Manning's success "probably" left a bitter taste (for lack of better words) in Harbaugh's mouth.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are the Niners and Manning a fit?
8:13 AM ET
San Francisco 49ers

Joe Montana, Steve Young and...Peyton Manning? According to one of the greatest 49ers of all time, Jerry Rice, San Francisco should pursue Manning to become the franchise's next starting quarterback.

"I think you go for it, you really do," Rice told Ron Kroichick of the San Francisco Chronicle. "You have to go after him. You've got a defense that's going to smack you in the mouth, but you need a little more from the offense.

"Not knocking what Alex Smith did...but a guy with the knowledge and talent of Peyton Manning, I think you'd take it to a whole different level. If he's healthy, he's going to have a chip on his shoulder like crazy."

San Francisco was one game away from the Super Bowl. It's defense is arguably the best in the business. The offensive line is talented. And Frank Gore can still run the football.The missing piece according to some is at quarterback for the 49ers. Smith, meanwhile, may get the Trent Dilfer treatment if Manning is interested.

If Manning isn't interested, Smith is clearly the guy to start in the bay area. But Rice isn't as positive about Smith's continued progression.

"If they're going to invest that much money in Alex, and they feel he can get the job done, then do it," Rice added. "I know he made significant improvement (last season) and did what was asked of him. Maybe he can get more weapons around him, and knowing he has a coach with confidence in him...that might bring out the best in him."

Manning, if healthy, is clearly a superior option to Smith for a team which legitimate Super Bowl aspirations.

- Brent Sobleski​

Mike Sando
San Francisco and chasing Peyton Manning

"All signs have pointed to the 49ers re-signing Alex Smith and grooming Colin Kaepernick for the future. As long as Smith remains unsigned, however, there's at least a chance the team could go in another direction. That chance appears slim at this point, however."

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners will have Alex Smith at QB next season. I just hope the Seahawks or the Cardinals don't end up with him. My guess is that he will end up with the Dolphins.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Manning, I'd go to Miami. Great weather, no income tax, solid defense, Jake Long, Brandon Marshall, and you get to stick it to Indy twice a year until you retire.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I were Manning, I'd go to Miami. Great weather, no income tax, solid defense, Jake Long, Brandon Marshall, and you get to stick it to Indy twice a year until you retire.

How would that be possible?!

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is such a nobrainer man u sign peyton asap! Toooooo many 3 n outs with alex. Thankgod for our defense that carried us while the offense sputterd constantly. Trent, jim,jed, come on let's go get this done. From the reports is he's close to 100% MAN GET HIM PLEASE!!!!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kolb or Manning for Arizona?
8:00 AM ET
Arizona Cardinals

The final countdown for the release of Peyton Manning is ticking away in Indianapolis. The Arizona Cardinals are facing a similar problem -- albeit to a much lesser degree -- in regards to their quarterback Kevin Kolb.

Arizona is expected to be a player in the upcoming Manning free agent frenzy. But the Cardinals' window to potentially sign Manning is very small because of a stipulation in Kolb's contract. Kolb has a roster bonus due March 17 -- four days after free agency begins.

"On Kolb's bonus payment, Graves said the Cardinals were proceeding as if Kolb would be with the team this season," Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic wrote.

If the Cardinals are going to make their move, it will have to be done early in the free agent process. And it may be done before any team actually sees Manning throw a football. It's a possibility that still exists in Arizona.

"The Cardinals, however, have not ruled it out," Somers reported.

If Manning is signed, it will signal the end of the potentially short lived Kolb era in the desert.

- Brent Sobleski​

Mike Sando
Will the Cardinals pay Kolb's bonus?

"I do not know, and do not know if they know. Can anyone know right now? Will Peyton Manning be available? Probably. He figures to hit the market by March 8. The Cardinals' $7 million bonus to Kevin Kolb is due March 17. The gap between those dates is a window of opportunity for Arizona. Can Manning demonstrate during that time an ability or likely ability to be ready physically? If so, would he sign with the Cardinals? Would another team carry greater appeal? What does Manning think of the personnel on the various teams' rosters? Manning himself might not be able to answer these questions. The teams cannot answer them. "

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea of signing Wayne is simply to give Manning some semblance of familiarity on a new team. If we don't sign Manning, I truly don't have any interest in signing Wayne. Given that Rice got 8 mil per, I used that as reasoning for the price tag.

Royal is young, fast, agile, and great with YAC...basically what we hope Kyle Williams would become. I truly believe that Royal was completely underutilized in Denver and his best football is still in front of him.

As far as Rogers is concerned, his "fair value" is around 10 mil per, which I didn't think we would be able to afford, but I really would like to have him back.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You paid Royal about 3 times too much. At the most he should be making 4 mill a year with incentives by the end of his deal.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd expect the Cardinals to go all out for Manning before that roster bonus for Kolb is due. Guess we'll see by the 16th if Manning will be a Cardinal or not, I really hope they don't get him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind if they got him. They currently have zero O tackles. I think Manning gets knocked out the first game we play them. He would be a fool to sign with them.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I have primarily one thing in mind when I weigh Manning VS Smith. Those 8-man fronts to stop Gore won't be there every down. I wouldn't expect Gore to have an 1800 yard season, but 1200 with about 15 TDs is entirely possible with defenses worried about Manning first.

Amen to that..

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt Manning would sign for 10 million when some other team is going to offer him closer to 20.

Any way we go, and as "good" as Alex Smith played last year... we need better QB play. You can't get much better in terms of ints, but we need to move the chains and score TD's. The NFC is already loaded with talented QBs and there are some teams on the rise. In our own division. Seattle has a good young defense, and Arizona has a pretty good defense too.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You paid Royal about 3 times too much. At the most he should be making 4 mill a year with incentives by the end of his deal.

You really think so? If so, cool! We paid Spilman quite a bit of money and he plays primarily special teams. It just seems like the price for players is skyrocketing, which is what I was trying to take into account.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt Manning would sign for 10 million when some other team is going to offer him closer to 20.

Any way we go, and as "good" as Alex Smith played last year... we need better QB play. You can't get much better in terms of ints, but we need to move the chains and score TD's. The NFC is already loaded with talented QBs and there are some teams on the rise. In our own division. Seattle has a good young defense, and Arizona has a pretty good defense too.

Us signing Manning is predicated on whether he is chasing dollars or Championships. We are the best team that can use his services. If he wants a Championship, he comes to us and 10 mil per is a decent contract for someone who is 18 months removed from his first of four neck surgeries. If he is chasing money in the twilight of his career, then great! Miami it is!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think so? If so, cool! We paid Spilman quite a bit of money and he plays primarily special teams. It just seems like the price for players is skyrocketing, which is what I was trying to take into account.

Yes, Royal is a #3 WR and a STs guy that is probably not as good as Ginn as a returner. Royal is also coming off a terrible season.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke wasn’t as quick to shut down talk of potentially bringing Randy Moss to San Francisco.

and who will be throwing? This just doesn't add up Baalke....

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Royal is a #3 WR and a STs guy that is probably not as good as Ginn as a returner. Royal is also coming off a terrible season.

Wouldn't it be safe to say that having Tebow as your QB when you are a WR makes it as automatic as it gets that you will have a terrible season?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning to Moss and Wayne in SF. Schwing?