• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning to Part ways tomorrow

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is not an immature young player that doesn't know what consistutes a legitimate contract or a good environment. Rest assured that Manning will have more say in where he lands than you think, and it will be where he thinks he can win.

Out of all the teams that need a QB, we're the best.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Condon getting the best deal for Smith and Manning.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be disappointed in Baalke and Harbaugh if they didn't even try for Manning. Especially if they said Smith was better for the team, because yeah, nobody is buying that. This is one of those things where if you don't have a franchise QB, you're interested... if not, you shouldn't be a GM or HC.

I believe that they didn't discuss it, because why would they waste their time with that unless it became clear that Manning would be available... I don't think it has anything to do with them not being interested.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If we got manning and Vincent Jackson and Brandon Carr and Rodgers and nicks we would be awesome...

Ok but I would love to get manning.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing is he always says were looking at every option every position to make the team better. Then you have to look at manning right? I like how he didn't shoot down a possible trade for Wallace as well.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking more along the lines of Condon getting the best deal for Smith and Manning.

An agent can't sign a contract for his player.

IF if the 49ers want Manning, and IF Manning wants the 49ers, it's gonna happen regardless of what Condon wants.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke is trying to re-sign Smith and has said so. So unless his demands get nutty go ahead and prepare yourself for more Alex.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke is trying to re-sign Smith and has said so. So unless his demands get nutty go ahead and prepare yourself for more Alex.

I prepared myself a while ago.

What does that have to do with our discussion that Condon can stop it from happening if both parties wanted to be together?

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Again, there is no way Manning will be a Niner. Harbaugh's ego will not allow it.

Is it ego or the fact that a coach wants to maintain more control over the offense since he is the head coach? Who ultimately gets the blame for wins/losses?

You think Harbaugh is alone in that?

You think that is the only / most compelling reason? :tinfoil3:

Interesting:burt:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is it ego or the fact that a coach wants to maintain more control over the offense since he is the head coach? Who ultimately gets the blame for wins/losses?

You think Harbaugh is alone in that?

You think that is the only / most compelling reason? :tinfoil3:

Interesting:burt:

He is a control freak as you say but I think it is the ego that won't allow someone else to run the offense.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prepared myself a while ago.

What does that have to do with our discussion that Condon can stop it from happening if both parties wanted to be together?

Because Condon has a client and a team already trying to get a deal done.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will like this Clyde.

The pursuit of Peyton Manning is expected to begin as soon as possible, according to several executives who have interest in the free-agent to be.

I spoke to several club officials from teams who would have interest in Manning and, if he’s released Wednesday, as expected, they expect teams to begin contacting his agent, Tom Condon, shortly after the transaction becomes official.

“I would think you might as well make that call and get your name in there,” one official said. “You call to express interest and then monitor the situation.”

No one knows Manning’s full medical situation, the officials stressed, and they aren’t so sure that Manning would immediately start making visits or be prepared to throw for teams right away. Team officials expressed belief that it’s possible that Manning ends up holding one workout rather than traveling to the 6-8 teams expected to show the most serious interest.

According to league sources, the Cardinals, Dolphins, Jets, Redskins and*Seahawks* will pursue Manning. The Broncos, Chiefs and 49ers are also being discussed by general managers around the league as teams that could push for*Manning.

Follow Jason La Canfora on Twitter @JasonLaCanfora

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, Peyton Manning will be in "no rush" to find a new team once his release becomes official.
A source from a team interested in Manning tells Glazer Manning's health has been improving at a "much more rapid rate" of late, and that he's expected to wait to improve a little bit more before opening up the bidding. CBS' Mike Freeman reports Manning has "yet to make up his mind on a potential destination." For what it's worth, "a person close to Manning" tells Freeman he's "rarely seen Manning so determined to prove people wrong."
Source: FOXSports.com Mar 6 - 10:40 PM

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd be scared to sign manning. even if his arm looks fine playing catch, can he take a hit? or a series of hits?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, Peyton Manning will be in "no rush" to find a new team once his release becomes official.
A source from a team interested in Manning tells Glazer Manning's health has been improving at a "much more rapid rate" of late, and that he's expected to wait to improve a little bit more before opening up the bidding. CBS' Mike Freeman reports Manning has "yet to make up his mind on a potential destination." For what it's worth, "a person close to Manning" tells Freeman he's "rarely seen Manning so determined to prove people wrong."
Source: FOXSports.com Mar 6 - 10:40 PM

This team WILL win the superbowl in one or two years if we sign Manning.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Condon has a client and a team already trying to get a deal done.

And if that team he's trying to get a deal done with wants Mantning and Manning wants them then he can't do shit.

That said, I'm 95% certain Alex is our starting QB come August

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its hard to say exactly how much he'd add. A great precedent to look at here is when the Chiefs got Montana in 1993. They came off a couple 10-6 seasons under Deberg and Dave Kreig.....both purely average QBs. Had a good running game, loaded defense with Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith.....similar to current Niners.

Montana came in, in 1992 played 11 games, was solid but didn't approach his previous play, and they ended up 11-5. 1993 was more of the same, quiet efficient play, but they slipped to 9-7. In 94 they brought in Bono....and went 13-3. So like everything else, who knows how it'll work out.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This team WILL win the superbowl in one or two years if we sign Manning.

word.gif