• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning to Part ways tomorrow

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
NFLN's Jason LaCanfora says AZ may be attractive to Manning, in part, bc "division is there for the taking." That sentiment is soooo 2010...

That was a tweet from Matt Barrows. This dude is still hating on the 49ers.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
AZ went 8-8 with a mediocre schedule.

They avoided OT on the last play at home vs Carolina.

They couldn't do better than tie after 4 Qs 4 times at home and won all of those. Anomaly.

3 other wins by combined 9 points.

2 road wins. A hurt Vick and the Rams.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the NFC West is turning into one of those divisions other teams will not want to play. The defenses across the board, and especially in SF, Seattle, and Arizona, are getting very good and VERY physical. The offenses are still weak, but I could see this division going on an AFC North-like run of really tough Ds.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLN's Jason LaCanfora says AZ may be attractive to Manning, in part, bc "division is there for the taking." That sentiment is soooo 2010...

That was a tweet from Matt Barrows. This dude is still hating on the 49ers.

Haters gonna Hate.

Although, with it being more than likely that wherever Manning goes, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark and maybe even Jeff Saturday are coming too. You add Manning, Wayne and Clark to the Cardinals... with Fitz ... that easily becomes the scariest offense in the NFC. Shit, maybe Addai will come along too and be their 3rd down back.

Maybe I'm being stupid for listening to these rumors, but until it doesn't happen... it's still a possibility that whoever gets Manning gets the rest of the Colts offense too.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if either Seattle or Arizona adds Peyton, its saying they want to be competitive NOW. cause Peyton won't have too many QUALITY years left....assuming his throwing strength resumes?

they'll make a big commitment to him and they'll have to win NOW. so are these two TEAMS good enough now? it takes a TEAM to make it happen, so is there enough support for Peyton?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Addai and clark don't scare me at all and id say manning gotta look at the oline where he's going. And that can't help cards.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans owner Bud Adams told the Nashville Tennessean on Sunday that he wants the club to sign free agent Peyton Manning.
Adams revealed that he has contacted Manning's agent, Tom Condon, and is "pushing" for Manning to make Nashville one of the stops on his free agent tour. Adams isn't playing games, either. "He is the man I want. Period," Adams said. "And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn’t happen." Whether the maneuver is realistic is unclear, but Manning played his college ball at Tennessee and is from the south. Per the Tennessean, "indications are" Titans GM Ruston Webster, CEO Mike Reinfeldt, and coach Mike Munchak "don't share" Adams' affinity for turning the page on Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker.
Related: Titans
Source: Nashville Tennessean Mar 11 - 6:02 PM

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After meeting with Cardinals officials for six and a half hours, free agent quarterback Peyton Manning was driven out of the team’s facility by coach Ken Whisenhunt on Sunday evening.

During Manning’s visit in Tempe, he met with Whisenhunt, receiver Larry Fitzgerald, club president Michael Bidwill, and offensive line coach Russ Grimm. It’s unclear whether the sides engaged in any contract talks.

Manning also left his Broncos visit without a contract.

These things are subject to change, but it’s tentatively expected that Manning will now head back to his South Beach condo. He’s not known to have scheduled a visit with the Dolphins. Yet.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's already in Pheonix. It's just a quick flight up to SF Peyton! What? an hour and a half maybe?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haters gonna Hate.

Although, with it being more than likely that wherever Manning goes, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark and maybe even Jeff Saturday are coming too. You add Manning, Wayne and Clark to the Cardinals... with Fitz ... that easily becomes the scariest offense in the NFC. Shit, maybe Addai will come along too and be their 3rd down back.

Maybe I'm being stupid for listening to these rumors, but until it doesn't happen... it's still a possibility that whoever gets Manning gets the rest of the Colts offense too.

Where are the Cards getting this money from to sign all these players? I was under the impression they would have to re-work some contracts or release players just to sign Manning unless he takes a huge paycut to below what an average QB makes.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Titans owner Bud Adams told the Nashville Tennessean on Sunday that he wants the club to sign free agent Peyton Manning.
Adams revealed that he has contacted Manning's agent, Tom Condon, and is "pushing" for Manning to make Nashville one of the stops on his free agent tour. Adams isn't playing games, either. "He is the man I want. Period," Adams said. "And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn’t happen." Whether the maneuver is realistic is unclear, but Manning played his college ball at Tennessee and is from the south. Per the Tennessean, "indications are" Titans GM Ruston Webster, CEO Mike Reinfeldt, and coach Mike Munchak "don't share" Adams' affinity for turning the page on Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker.

I think Clyde just creamed his pants at the thought of Locker possibly becoming available.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this happens trade for Jake Locker! Alex Smith for Locker straight up!:music:

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty pissed that the 49ers wouldn't at least set up an interview with Manning I mean where's the back up plan incase Smith walks? Peyton is not going to be available much longer and quite frankly I am so not down with him going to the Cardinals at all! They'll be instant NFC favorites

You sign Alex Smith then you still have to find a top reciever

You sign Peyton Manning and you'll get Reggie Wayne and more?

How does it even hurt this team to pick up Manning with CK being the future of this team and Alex Smith's window closing? Manning would be a WAY better mentor to CK then Alex Smith and even IF Manning cannot throw the deep ball anymore, it's not like Smith ever could or will so what in the hell is the hold up here? Sign him to a contract so Arizona can be left with nothing and we can be the power house team in the west. It just truly makes no sense to me how the 49ers are not in the hunt at all period when clearly a better offense is needed. Manning would throw 1 td 195 yards in a game shitfaced. Guarantee having Manning at QB our offense will rank better than 29th.....

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning nearing decision, is impressed with Broncos, sources say - The Denver Post

Peyton Manning nearing decision, is impressed with Broncos, sources say
Posted: 03/11/2012 06:09:09 PM MDT
Updated: 03/11/2012 06:20:38 PM MDT
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
NFL quarterback Peyton Manning leaves the Arizona Cardinals training facility after a five hour meeting with coaches and front office staff Sunday, March 11, 2012, in Tempe, Ariz. (AP | Ross D. Franklin)
Related

Mar 11:
Peyton Manning's visit with Broncos "productive" but no deal yet
Woody Paige: Elway out to pad his QB rating with Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning's next stop? If it's the Arizona Cardinals, let Larry Fitzgerald know
Mar 10:
Peyton Manning leaving for Arizona, Broncos call talks "productive"
Kiszla: Broncos' Peyton Manning pursuit a crunching hit for Tim Tebow
Broncos are a mile high on Peyton Manning
Helton won't be recruiting Manning
Peyton Manning not only QB target for John Elway and John Fox
Mar 9:
Courtship of Peyton Manning
Broncos owner Pat Bowlen willing to spend for Peyton Manning

There was a dog-and-pony show aspect to the Arizona Cardinals recruitment of prized free agent Peyton Manning on Sunday. His visit to the Broncos on Friday and Saturday was more understated.

Manning left Arizona on Sunday evening for Miami, where he lives, and it is believed he is looking to make a decision by Tuesday.

The Denver Post talked to multiple NFL sources Sunday, and here's what is known:

• Neither Denver or Arizona officials discussed contract during Manning's visit, on Peyton's orders. Manning let the Broncos and Cardinals know that he didn't want to talk money without his agent Tom Condon along.

And Manning didn't want to bring his agent because he was more interested in other aspects of
Blog: First-and-Orange

The Denver Post's NFL reporters post analysis, notes and more on this blog dedicated to the Denver Broncos.
the organization. He wanted to become familiar with the people he would playing for. And the team's facility.

As Manning was introduced to various people in the Broncos' headquarters, he always repeated the person's first name, and then said his full name. Like: "Nice to meet ya, Jim. I'm Peyton Manning." As if the person didn't know.

But until Condon starts talking contract, any report pronouncing one team as the leader in the Manning sweepstakes would seem to be premature.

• Manning was impressed with the Broncos. He liked front-office boss and star quarterback colleague John Elway. He liked coach John Fox. He talked 20-30 minutes with owner Pat Bowlen, who reiterated his position that division titles don't cut it with him. He wants Super Bowls.

• Manning's only two official visits have been Denver and Arizona, but the Miami Dolphins are still hoping to get their audience. Owner Stephen Ross is "ready to make a major offer," according to a source, but again, Manning is not basing his decision on money alone. The Broncos will be competitive with any offer he gets. The NFL announced Sunday that the salary cap for 2012 will be $120.6 million. It was $120.375 million last season. The Broncos have more cap room than Miami and Arizona.

It has been widely reported there could be a "mystery" team included in this search. There may be two: San Francisco and Tennessee. The 49ers have yet to step in because they are working on trying to get a contract done with incumbent quarterback Alex Smith, who can become a free agent at 2 p.m. Tuesday.

If it becomes clear the 49ers aren't making progress with Smith in the next 24 hours, they may make a late run at Manning. It's possible the 49ers would gain Manning's attention, too, because they are the only clear Super Bowl contender among his suitors, having reached the NFC championship game this past season.

Titans owner Bud Adams, meanwhile, has gone public with his desire to pursue Manning.

The Kansas City Chiefs and Seattle Seahawks are out. Each team tried to get Manning to visit. He declined.

• The Cardinals took more of red-carpet approach to Manning's visit Saturday night and Sunday. The Broncos took a more laid-back approach. After a nearly a six-hour visit at the team's headquarters Friday, Elway, Fox, and Manning went out for about a 2 ½ hour dinner at Cherry Hills Country Club.

Former Broncos' John Lynch and Brandon Stokley, who was also a former teammate with Manning in Indianapolis, also stopped by, as did the team's director of personnel Matt Russell.

• Manning hopes to make his decision by Tuesday, or Wednesday. The free-agent market opens at 2 p.m. Tuesday.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning nearing decision, is impressed with Broncos, sources say - The Denver Post

Peyton Manning nearing decision, is impressed with Broncos, sources say
Posted: 03/11/2012 06:09:09 PM MDT
Updated: 03/11/2012 06:20:38 PM MDT
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
NFL quarterback Peyton Manning leaves the Arizona Cardinals training facility after a five hour meeting with coaches and front office staff Sunday, March 11, 2012, in Tempe, Ariz. (AP | Ross D. Franklin)
Related

Mar 11:
Peyton Manning's visit with Broncos "productive" but no deal yet
Woody Paige: Elway out to pad his QB rating with Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning's next stop? If it's the Arizona Cardinals, let Larry Fitzgerald know
Mar 10:
Peyton Manning leaving for Arizona, Broncos call talks "productive"
Kiszla: Broncos' Peyton Manning pursuit a crunching hit for Tim Tebow
Broncos are a mile high on Peyton Manning
Helton won't be recruiting Manning
Peyton Manning not only QB target for John Elway and John Fox
Mar 9:
Courtship of Peyton Manning
Broncos owner Pat Bowlen willing to spend for Peyton Manning

There was a dog-and-pony show aspect to the Arizona Cardinals recruitment of prized free agent Peyton Manning on Sunday. His visit to the Broncos on Friday and Saturday was more understated.

Manning left Arizona on Sunday evening for Miami, where he lives, and it is believed he is looking to make a decision by Tuesday.

The Denver Post talked to multiple NFL sources Sunday, and here's what is known:

• Neither Denver or Arizona officials discussed contract during Manning's visit, on Peyton's orders. Manning let the Broncos and Cardinals know that he didn't want to talk money without his agent Tom Condon along.

And Manning didn't want to bring his agent because he was more interested in other aspects of
Blog: First-and-Orange

The Denver Post's NFL reporters post analysis, notes and more on this blog dedicated to the Denver Broncos.
the organization. He wanted to become familiar with the people he would playing for. And the team's facility.

As Manning was introduced to various people in the Broncos' headquarters, he always repeated the person's first name, and then said his full name. Like: "Nice to meet ya, Jim. I'm Peyton Manning." As if the person didn't know.

But until Condon starts talking contract, any report pronouncing one team as the leader in the Manning sweepstakes would seem to be premature.

• Manning was impressed with the Broncos. He liked front-office boss and star quarterback colleague John Elway. He liked coach John Fox. He talked 20-30 minutes with owner Pat Bowlen, who reiterated his position that division titles don't cut it with him. He wants Super Bowls.

• Manning's only two official visits have been Denver and Arizona, but the Miami Dolphins are still hoping to get their audience. Owner Stephen Ross is "ready to make a major offer," according to a source, but again, Manning is not basing his decision on money alone. The Broncos will be competitive with any offer he gets. The NFL announced Sunday that the salary cap for 2012 will be $120.6 million. It was $120.375 million last season. The Broncos have more cap room than Miami and Arizona.

It has been widely reported there could be a "mystery" team included in this search. There may be two: San Francisco and Tennessee. The 49ers have yet to step in because they are working on trying to get a contract done with incumbent quarterback Alex Smith, who can become a free agent at 2 p.m. Tuesday.

If it becomes clear the 49ers aren't making progress with Smith in the next 24 hours, they may make a late run at Manning. It's possible the 49ers would gain Manning's attention, too, because they are the only clear Super Bowl contender among his suitors, having reached the NFC championship game this past season.

Titans owner Bud Adams, meanwhile, has gone public with his desire to pursue Manning.

The Kansas City Chiefs and Seattle Seahawks are out. Each team tried to get Manning to visit. He declined.

• The Cardinals took more of red-carpet approach to Manning's visit Saturday night and Sunday. The Broncos took a more laid-back approach. After a nearly a six-hour visit at the team's headquarters Friday, Elway, Fox, and Manning went out for about a 2 ½ hour dinner at Cherry Hills Country Club.

Former Broncos' John Lynch and Brandon Stokley, who was also a former teammate with Manning in Indianapolis, also stopped by, as did the team's director of personnel Matt Russell.

• Manning hopes to make his decision by Tuesday, or Wednesday. The free-agent market opens at 2 p.m. Tuesday.

This guy is trying to get my dick hard.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is trying to get my dick hard.

Hahaha. I got the link of Peter King's Twitter Feed. It looks like Seahawks are out. It's the 2nd reference I've seen about the Niners possibly being a player in this. It'll probably end up being nothing but a man can dream.