• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning to Part ways tomorrow

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who's going to protect his blind side then? The Cards O-line is much worse off than the Broncos.

Peyton Manning doesn't have a blind side.

Why did I think Levi Brown switched to RT last year? Or was that 2010? The Cards have just about got to address OT in the first two or three rounds (Reiff?) regardless of who they have at QB. I think he counts about $17 million against the cap, so that single move would get them below the cap. But then they have to actually clear out space for Manning.

NolanNonsense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Peyton Manning doesn't have a blind side.

Why did I think Levi Brown switched to RT last year? Or was that 2010? The Cards have just about got to address OT in the first two or three rounds (Reiff?) regardless of who they have at QB. I think he counts about $17 million against the cap, so that single move would get them below the cap. But then they have to actually clear out space for Manning.

Ha ha! Nicely done.

NolanNonsense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
These next 24-48 hours are going to be fucking insane. Somebody has to be whispering Manning's name in Baalke and Harbaugh's ear. I don't see why Peyton wouldn't at least give us a visit if we were to ask him.

Herm Edwards had it right this morning when he said "the 49ers chose harbaugh over Manning". That's what it all came down to for the 49ers; who would control the offense.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning - QB - Colts

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel confirms that free agent Peyton Manning is scheduled to meet with Dolphins coach Joe Philbin by 2 p.m. ET Tuesday.
The Dolphins still consider themselves "in the running." According to the Miami Herald, the organization had planned an "elaborate set-up" for their recruiting pitch, but Manning's preference was to keep much-maligned owner Stephen Ross out of the meeting. Manning is expected to meet with Titans coach Mike Munchak by late Tuesday or early Wednesday.
Related: Dolphins, Titans
Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Mar 12 - 4:25 PM

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kidding, right! Arizona immediately becomes the favorite in the division if they get Manning.

He makes olines better but he will be working with two new tackles. Seattle has better weapons aside from fitz. They have 2 very good safety and a good dline. Id want him in Arizona more than Seattle

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You are kidding, right! Arizona immediately becomes the favorite in the division if they get Manning.

I hope the Cardinals would become the favorites in the division, because I'll put my money still on the 49ers taking the division.

When we bring our A game we've been able to dominate the Cardinals. Peyton would make it tougher to beat them though. I'd also like to see how Peyton will hold up getting sacked a bunch of times because you know we'd get to him, regardless of how good he is.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schef just said they are cutting Levi brown who they took 5th overall in 2007 with Adrian Peterson still on the board.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards with Manning will be much better, but we can't forget with Warner the year they went to the Superbowl they were still a 9-7 team. I don't think they are necessarily any better than that team with Manning. Sure, he is better than Warner, but I don't think they are a lock to win 12 games or anything.

All that said, I would still be much happier if he went to a team like the Broncos.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario Williams - LB - Texans

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Titans had planned to make a serious run at free agent Peyton Manning, but the organization's focus has now "shifted" toward free agent Peyton Manning.
Meddlesome 90-year-old owner Bud Adams really threw a wrench into what appeared to be a well-concocted plan. The Titans have promising youngster Jake Locker ready to start at quarterback, and Williams would have given the club a top-flight pass rusher it has lacked since Jevon Kearse and Kyle Vanden Bosch. Instead, Adams' dead-setness on Manning may cost Tennessee its shot at Williams.
Related: Titans, Peyton Manning
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 12 - 7:30 PM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Titans had planned to make a serious run at free agent Peyton Manning, but the organization's focus has now "shifted" toward free agent Peyton Manning.
Meddlesome 90-year-old owner Bud Adams really threw a wrench into what appeared to be a well-concocted plan. The Titans have promising youngster Jake Locker ready to start at quarterback, and Williams would have given the club a top-flight pass rusher it has lacked since Jevon Kearse and Kyle Vanden Bosch. Instead, Adams' dead-setness on Manning may cost Tennessee its shot at Williams.

Interesting. Will they have enough money to land Peyton Manning if they sign Peyton Manning?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting. Will they have enough money to land Peyton Manning if they sign Peyton Manning?

Man, we should make a run at least one of those Peyton Mannings. Why should the Titans get both? They'd be instant favorites.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't Be Surprised

....if the 49ers make a last-minute offer to Manning. I have this feeling they are waiting to see what offers he gets and then will step in with a better one. Keeping it on the downlow so as not to up the price they'll have to pay.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont be surprised at all. The longer alex takes to sign there is more of a chance for manning possibility or even rolling with kap. Unless Alex is waiting for FA to officially start. Also i would think Manning would want to at least come to SF or have us send someone there, unless they secretly have. hmmm lol

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont be surprised at all. The longer alex takes to sign there is more of a chance for manning possibility or even rolling with kap. Unless Alex is waiting for FA to officially start. Also i would think Manning would want to at least come to SF or have us send someone there, unless they secretly have. hmmm lol

If I was Smith, I'd sign that thing today if the offer is still on the table. I seriously doubt he'll get any significant offers in free agency.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Smith, I'd sign that thing today if the offer is still on the table. I seriously doubt he'll get any significant offers in free agency.

I agree, and I believe further that thrusting himself into a different system with a different team would be the death knell for his career as a starter. I honestly believe he needs us more than we need him at this stage.